PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/ HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

techprincesse is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Arrive makes random beeping sounds

Mine has been making the random beeps before and after Mango. I just got an Airave about a week ago and its still doing it at random times but not often. The beep sound is very low so I just ignore it, but it would be nice if I knew what it was.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

imecoli is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by techprincesse View Post
Mine has been making the random beeps before and after Mango. I just got an Airave about a week ago and its still doing it at random times but not often. The beep sound is very low so I just ignore it, but it would be nice if I knew what it was.
Please keep me up to date if you start to have issues with the Arrive locking up when connected to the Airave. I am on my 5th replacement for TEP.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/ HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

techprincesse is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Funny you should say that! Mine HAS been locking up but not whilst at home connected to Airave, but EVERYWHERE, including work, driving etc! I will look down at my phone and slide up the lock screen and the people tile will just be stuck. Pressing any tiles or buttons dont work and at this point all calls go to voicemail since the phone wont even ring and I get no texts either. Only way to get it out of this lockup is by either a battery pull or holding down the power button for a LONG time (at least a full minute). This has been happening for about 2 weeks now. I posted about it on the Windows phone forums and someone else mentioned deleting an offending app stopped it from happening for them. I deleted 3 apps earlier this week and so far it hasnt froze in about 3-4 days but I am still watching it.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

imecoli is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

@techprincesse, what app did you uninstall? I have had this happen with a fresh hard reset, if there is something I added I would remmove it for sure.

I was told by a friend of mine it may also be a case of switching towers and when on picks it up, the other doesn't release it? he told his friend who works at Microsoft and he logged a case...not sure what that will do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro