PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2011, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Arrive Owner, Can't update Program Error Code 801811A5

OK, I got my Arrive today. First thing I see after it's activated and running is the notice that there are program updates available. I installed Zune on my Win7Premium system and plug it in. The Zune program installed an update for itself and then goes to the phone. It tells me there are updates for the phone and I choose to install them. It tries to install and then comes back with the Error Code 801811A5. Supposedly the updates are for some errant certificates or something.

I've restarted the computer, gone through my Norton 360 and made certain the Firewall was set to allow instead of automatic. It was Automatic prior and didn't work either. I checked the Windows knowledge base and that didn't solve anything either.

Any ideas?

Thanks
WP7 Noob
Old 07-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: New Arrive Owner, Can't update Program Error Code 801811A5

try to hard reset the device and then try the update again, also try to uninstall Zune and then re download and install it before reconnecting the arrive. try the second thing first then try the first if no luck. u can also look in the Microsoft knowledge base, they usually have a collection of error codes, what they mean and how to solve them.

EDIT.

found an article that describes how to solve the problem,if this doesn't work then do what I said above.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484...811A5_801881CC

Last edited by eric12341; 07-21-2011 at 07:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

OK, Thanks for that. I'll give it a try when I get home. I had a feeling it had something to do with my computer not letting the software communicate properly.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The link fixed the problem. My System services was set to manual. Set it to Automatic and it worked.

Thanks Bro.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
The link fixed the problem. My System services was set to manual. Set it to Automatic and it worked.

Thanks Bro.
Glad to hear it worked out!

Make sure to read @DavidinCT 's thread on how to update your Arrive again with Mango beta. Well worth the effort.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/general-wi...ngo-today.html

Also, since you're a new Arrive owner please consider replacing your 16GB card with a 32GB one if you are going to be using a lot of music and other files such as podcasts etc. as you can't just stick in another one without needing to rework the entire phone. The detailed instructions to get to it are in @pbankey 's super excellent thread here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-arrive...sassembly.html
Old 07-22-2011, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks. I'm going to wait till Mango comes out of Beta or is at least closer to being a full release before I look at installing it. I probably will upgrade the SD chip in it sometime if I stay with this phone for awhile. I had a bit of history with my TP2, being the 1st smart phone I owned, moving over from a PDA and separate phone prior.

Right now the 16Gb card is plenty for me, but if I stick with this one fore awhile, it will eventually be outgrown. I looked back and didn't ever go any bigger than a total of 6gb on my Axim and iPAQs and only had a 4gb card in my TP2 and still had lots of room on it. I'm not much for the whole media player aspects of the phone. I don't own an iPOD either. I probably will though, eventually.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro