PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I think my landscape is broken

To my knowledge there's only one WP7 phone that has a slide out keyboard which is the Arrive. I'm sure other phones will need to take advantage of all of the future landscape features with the keyboard extended even though the gyroscope does a decent job of getting you into that mode. It is convenient to work that way most of the time.

I'm sure M$ just needs a little more programming time to work out all of the landscape issues. I'm extremely pleased with the way it works right now. It doesn't really seem that difficult to rotate the live tiles 90 degrees to go to landscape mode. Honestly, I'm glad it doesn't landscape in some respects if it isn't going to be 100% working either because the TP2 was a mess sometimes using sense on the home screen.

I wish there was a write up somewhere on all of the work in progress items Android had to work through version after version in order to get to where it's at with all of it's missing features so we could shove it up the threadcrappers @$$. Where do people find the time to waste their time on non-productive nonsense? I guess it wouldn't matter because it wouldn't really do us much good.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
To my knowledge there's only one WP7 phone that has a slide out keyboard which is the Arrive. I'm sure other phones will need to take advantage of all of the future landscape features with the keyboard extended even though the gyroscope does a decent job of getting you into that mode. It is convenient to work that way most of the time.

I'm sure MS just needs a little more programming time to work out all of the landscape issues. I'm extremely pleased with the way it works right now. It doesn't really seem that difficult to rotate the live tiles 90 degrees to go to landscape mode. Honestly, I'm glad it doesn't landscape in some respects if it isn't going to be 100% working either because the TP2 was a mess sometimes using sense on the home screen.

I wish there was a write up somewhere on all of the work in progress items Android had to work through version after version in order to get to where it's at with all of it's missing features so we could shove it up the threadcrappers @$$. Where do people find the time to waste their time on non-productive nonsense? I guess it wouldn't matter because it wouldn't really do us much good.
corrected a spelling error in the 2nd paragraph and excellent write up in the 3rd paragraph. I know ZDNet had a series of articles about malware in Android and its vulnerabilities for like a week in a row last month but that's about it.

Last edited by eric12341; 06-22-2011 at 08:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
corrected a spelling error in the 2nd paragraph and excellent write up in the 3rd paragraph. I know ZDNet had a series of articles about malware in Android and its vulnerabilities for like a week in a row last month but that's about it.
Thanks for the corrections

@TexasAggie97
Text this guy and try to change his mind. Another misguided individual? <sarcasm>

ksl.com - Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming
Old 06-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Wink Re: I think my landscape is broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
Thanks for the corrections

@TexasAggie97
Text this guy and try to change his mind. Another misguided individual? <sarcasm>

ksl.com - Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming
Nah, if he's too stupid to trade the Epic for the Arrive, then he deserves what he gets.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Ok, lets get back on topic. Discuss the landscape issue which has zero to do with the Epic.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Wink Re: I think my landscape is broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Ok, lets get back on topic. Discuss the landscape issue which has zero to do with the Epic.
In that case, my first post should have answered his question. The much anticipated (and much delayed) Mango update "might" fix the landscape issue.

Bottom line for OP, it is not a DEFECT in the phone, don't waste your time at the Sprint store or with customer support.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

wngafook is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Like many, I'd been following this thing for a while before getting the Arrive. I'm thinking things like landscape support are such simple things to fix, you know it's going to get implemented sooner or later.

What do we have, like, 4 colors to choose from? Why can I only have 2 columns of tiles? These things stick out so much to me (and all of us, I'll bet), I'd be really surprised if they didn't disappear with the Mango update. The "500 new features" they're touting, I'm pretty confident actually.

So I'm agreeing with what everyone else is saying - no, it's not a defect in your individual phone. And my two cents to add, is that 4 months from now, a lot of this might just be a non-issue.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro