PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2011, 12:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

pbankey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Arrive.. disassembly

Also wanted to mention that if you find that sliding out your phone is too hard or easy, you can adjust that by tightening or loosening the screws in the guts layer (not the small screws). They essentially bind the slide out rack to the phone, so if they are too tight then it will mean it's hard to slide out he keyboard, vise versa if too loose.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

If you decide to change the sd card, I used a Sandisk 32GBoem card and works great! Haven't had any problems. Glad I splurged for it.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

So I take it the SD card is extra storage and the actual OS doesn't reside there? That's cool, it just reloads and re-sets it up from ROM?
Old 06-19-2011, 02:26 AM
VIP Member

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
So I take it the SD card is extra storage and the actual OS doesn't reside there? That's cool, it just reloads and re-sets it up from ROM?
When I bought my Arrive I asked the Sprint rep about sdcard (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-arrive...o-sd-card.html) I was told it was all internal memory like the Iphone (probably to prevent me from messing w/it since they said they couldn't transfer my contacts due to the custom shark ROM, "sharkies" from my TP2). Followed this post to change sdcard Memory Upgrade Sprint HTC Arrive (HD7 Pro) - xda-developers and some extra help from DR.8820 for the correct sdcard, reset, think I had to press vol and power button for hard reset and evreything has been golden since.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:31 AM
VIP Member

..BTW thanks to OP for a great photorific tear down to help out others. This will be very helpful for those that want to change their sdcards. Great work! FYI..it really is an easy process
Old 06-19-2011, 05:36 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
..BTW thanks to OP for a great photorific tear down to help out others. This will be very helpful for those that want to change their sdcards. Great work! FYI..it really is an easy process
ya this thread is "sticky worthy"

done
Old 06-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: HTC Arrive.. disassembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbankey View Post
Also wanted to mention that if you find that sliding out your phone is too hard or easy, you can adjust that by tightening or loosening the screws in the guts layer (not the small screws). They essentially bind the slide out rack to the phone, so if they are too tight then it will mean it's hard to slide out he keyboard, vise versa if too loose.
Did you happen to find a way to stop the "auto-tilt" on the screen by removing a spring, screws, etc...???
Old 06-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

wngafook is a n00b

Sweet hell. I saw the OP and wondered for a second if I blacked out and created a new thread or something.

The exact same thing happened to me - I goofed on the protector application, moisture got under the screen, attempted a disassembly. I got you beat though, because I'm the idiot who went in from the wrong side.

I didn't go the route of installing a new screen either - I was hoping to separate some film somewhere and dry out visible moisture spots. I got it separated from the body, but I never got the screen itself disassembled. Anyway, I have permanent drying spots on my brand new HTC Arrive screen, and I think generally it's not as bright as when I first got it. My gf tells me I'm an @$$, but what else is new?

Thanks for taking the pics. I just have a simple text file with the order/location of the screws. Nice work. Misery loves company.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks a million OP for creating this with lots of detailed pictures. I used the one of XDA a while ago and it got me by to change my SD with a 32gb I had from my TP2. Not anywhere as good as yours though=D>

I bought an Arrive for my brother and he didn't want to change his 16gb out with his 32gb in his TP2 for some reason. If he changes his mind I'll know where to return to

As far as screen protectors, I always use Zagg full body and I always pay for them to install it. It's worth the $10 or so they charge to install it to me because I'm afraid of &#&!^'n up the phone and spending my time to do it.

Anyways, glad to hear everything is back to normal!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

Great tutorial, I just used it to switch out the screen. I was planning on taking pics for anyone else who wanted to do the same thing, but I just got too involved in the process and forgot all about taking pictures. However, if anyone needs any help doing the same thing, just ask an i'll answer the best i can.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro