PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Overheating?

I have a HTC Trophy and I get into some good sessions of GeoDefense...30-40 min games and after that I have to put my phone down, it gets that hot.

Come to think about it, every HTC phone I have had (well any true PDA phone I have owned was a HTC) after using it for a long period of intense use (gaming or heavy video watching, CPU intensive stuff), the phone would get very, very hot.

It's not just the Arrive, I think every phone does it....

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 07-24-2011, 09:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Not just their phones. My Axim x51vwould get pretty hot when playing Age of Empires for a good period of time. Wanna guess who built it for Dell? Maybe it's their design. Do people that have other manufacturers of PDA's Phones have this issue?
Old 07-25-2011, 02:11 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
Not just their phones. My Axim x51vwould get pretty hot when playing Age of Empires for a good period of time. Wanna guess who built it for Dell? Maybe it's their design. Do people that have other manufacturers of PDA's Phones have this issue?
well my bros friend has a Samsung galaxy prevail and he had me set it up for him. by the time I got finished it was hot. this was probably related to the cell towers in my area tho. it sure is a wake up call for those who claimed that it's just an "HTC issue"
Old 07-25-2011, 06:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

good to know. I wonder though if it's really anything to do with the tower, radio signal issue since it seems to not matter if I'm using the network(web browsing) or if it's just running a game. Again, going back to the Axim, it didn't have anything other than WiFi/BT and it would heat up when using it for long periods of time.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ndirish is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I only noticed the overheating issue when I was in Las Vegas and the temp was 106 outside. I was using GPS with the phone mounted on the rental windshield. I re-positioned the phone cradle whereby the phone is seated in front of one of the vents so the air conditioning can keep it cool...and it worked. I do feel the phone getting warm, but only had the overheating issue when direct sunlight was on it for some time in the car in Las Vegas.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro