PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 09:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

APCI is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Headphones with Mic/Remote that works with Arrive

Does anyone know of headphones with the remote and mic that will work with the Arrive? I've read that some with the volume up/down do not work with certain phones. Looking online for headphones I see a lot that are specifically for anything Apple. I'm not a fan of the ones that come with the phone, they just aren't loud enough while I'm at work.

Thanks for the help!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:26 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; Nexus S 4G Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

The headphones that come with Samsung Epic or Blackberry Tour/Bold.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

jrondo4 is a n00b
Re: Headphones with Mic/Remote that works with Arrive

Honestly, it's probably going to be tough to find quality earphones with exactly the features you're looking for. Most of the models with inline volume controls and microphone are iPod/iPhone specific.

However, there are plenty of good earphones with microphones and inline call answer/end buttons. I think you can safely forfeit the inline volume control, since the "rocker" volume control on the Arrive works while the lock screen is enabled. If you're going to be using wired headphones, your WP7 should easily be within reach anyway.

I'd look at the Bose MIE2 mobile headset on the high end and the Klipsch Image S2m on the low end. If you want to roll the dice and try one of the models designed for iPhone/iPod, the Klipsch Image S4i earphones are pretty solid. I don't have the "i" model, but the standard S4 earphones I have were worth every penny (the only difference being the inline volume/call control). The Sennheiser CX 880i earphones *might* also work but are a bit more spendy and may not be worth the gamble.

Good luck!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

wngafook is a n00b
Re: Headphones with Mic/Remote that works with Arrive

I used to use the Plantronics Pulsar 590a, which was awesome until my roommate destroyed it.

You're a dick if you're reading this, Charles. A dick.

It's discontinued, and I don't think something directly replaced it, but Plantronics made a good product. What you're asking for might be a little pricey, so "testing" mightn't be an easy option. Nonetheless, I wouldn't miss looking in their direction to see if they have something your speed. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro