PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 03:21 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: I'm on the fence on whether I love or hate WP7

texasaggie please stop bashing wp7, if your happy with your device then your good and no need to visit wp7 and bash it. i dont mind you posting here just quit the bashing.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
no it's not its FUD! when a mod tells u to stop spreading FUD u stop spreading FUD whether or not u feel that its the "truth" why don't u go over to the epic section and help out that guy who got a battery charged notification burned into his screen that can't be removed unless u root or flash a custom rom.
+1

There's no need to crap on an OS because it doesn't behave the way you wish it would. We all go with our own because of this or that.

I have my own set of issues with this EVO and Android I got for my wife for cheap. Once I get it up and running I'm sure it will be fine but it's not looking too promising with this Cyanogen mod I've got installed. Much errors really. I'm just glad I can use my Arrive from day to day without any problems
Old 06-03-2011, 11:14 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
Only speaking the truth....
guess you missed my other post so i hope you read this one, stop starting crap in this thread and wp in general. i will not visit this thread again and see you bashing wp and not send you a warning. im so done with the wp bashing bs.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work

Read the thread title, I am responding with my own personal opinion of Windows iPhone 7. As the Administrator told me before, if I don't like someone's post, then hit the "ignore" function......
Old 06-05-2011, 03:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Threadstarter

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Well, I am no longer on the fence about wp7. I am quite happy with the device. I didn't chose android for a reason but didn't know If I liked windows phone 7 upon first use. That shitty "windows iphone 7" joke is old and kinda pissing me off.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community

Couldn't agree more. I knew the shortcomings going in but am willing to stick it out until the Mango update and future development. So it's not for you, no need to bash or make "phoney" comments. I don't feel the need to to discredit other OS's just because they are'nt for me. I am happy taking some time off and enjoying a phone that just works and will be ready when the time comes.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

yup I agree too.

-thread closed-
Old 06-06-2011, 03:43 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
yup I agree too.

-thread closed-
not yours to close.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Epic 4G

gjhuff is just getting started
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Thanks Darren. This would be a good thread to keep open as developments occur. At this point, I'm not going with Windows Phone 7 in its locked down mode. Maybe Mango and other developments will encourage another look.

I'm curious though about Microsoft's strategy. From what I'm reading and seeing about Windows 8 for desktops and laptops, MS will be incorporating some of Zune's and Phone 7's features into the OS, but retaining what users like about Win 7 and earlier versions. Backward compatibility is assured. I wish MS had done the same with Phone 7.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
not yours to close.
yea but its not a bad idea. these threads make room for other trolls to come in and antagonize the community. u say ur tired of the WP bashing this is the chance to put a stop to it. I know if I were mod this thread would've been closed and bans would've been handed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhuff View Post
Thanks Darren. This would be a good thread to keep open as developments occur. At this point, I'm not going with Windows Phone 7 in its locked down mode. Maybe Mango and other developments will encourage another look.

I'm curious though about Microsoft's strategy. From what I'm reading and seeing about Windows 8 for desktops and laptops, MS will be incorporating some of Zune's and Phone 7's features into the OS, but retaining what users like about Win 7 and earlier versions. Backward compatibility is assured. I wish MS had done the same with Phone 7.
maybe backward compatibility will be a feature in mango. we don't know all the 500 osea 480 (as about 20 were revealed) features yet. even tho all the apps on WM are or will be in wp7 by that time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro