PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 04:03 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: so i went and got the arrive yesterday ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
i was just asking cuz the whole thing rebooting by it'self without over heating is new to me ..
i dont think mine has ever restarted when it wasnt overheated
Old 06-29-2011, 04:14 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
With the exception of the Arrive and HD7S, the NoDo Update was an OTA update for all WP7 phones around Jan/Feb and Mango is scheduled by the end of the summer. That'll be 2 major updates in 10 months, not even Google moves that fast.
since we were in arrive forum thats the phone i was asking about.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:23 AM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
since we were in arrive forum thats the phone i was asking about.
Oh right, well Arrive users didn't see it because it shipped with it. It had to actually because there were no CDMA drivers for WP7 before NoDo.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:51 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
Oh right, well Arrive users didn't see it because it shipped with it. It had to actually because there were no CDMA drivers for WP7 before NoDo.
ur forgetting to mention the may security update. sprint managed to push it out within 2 weeks after its original release. the mango beta is ready to be released to developers and I think I'll open a dreamspark and apphub account just so I can have it early.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
ur forgetting to mention the may security update. sprint managed to push it out within 2 weeks after its original release. the mango beta is ready to be released to developers and I think I'll open a dreamspark and apphub account just so I can have it early.
I didn't get my Arrive til the end of May and I bought it from my Sprint Account Rep so it already had the update and it wasn't an update that got a lot of attention so I didn't know. But even better, even more updates!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Just joining this crowd. I don't have my Arrive yet and will be switching over from a TP2. I've got all my contacts in Outlook and use the Windows Mobile Device Center on my WinPro7 desktop. Will my contacts and such sync over or do I need them to switch everything over at the store? I only ask this because the last couple of times before I was able to stop them from doing it with my other TP2's I got, I would always get it home, plug the phone in and end up with double and triple entries that I had to spend hours clearing out.

Now, I just tell them to activate the phone and I'll synch it when I get home.

So Long question, short. Will my system synch my Arrive or do I need to have everything moved over at the store?
Old 07-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
Just joining this crowd. I don't have my Arrive yet and will be switching over from a TP2. I've got all my contacts in Outlook and use the Windows Mobile Device Center on my WinPro7 desktop. Will my contacts and such sync over or do I need them to switch everything over at the store? I only ask this because the last couple of times before I was able to stop them from doing it with my other TP2's I got, I would always get it home, plug the phone in and end up with double and triple entries that I had to spend hours clearing out.

So Long question, short. Will my system synch my Arrive or do I need to have everything moved over at the store?
u need to create a new live account and then import all ur contacts into that live account. u can do this by setting up a hotmail AS exchange connection via ur tp2 if it still works. here's some instructions on how to do so Setup your phone to sync your Hotmail inbox, calendar and contacts using ActiveSync

there's also a thread here in the wp7 general of some other ways how to do it. here it is
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/general-wi...phone-7-a.html

Last edited by eric12341; 07-18-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:

If you have a hotmail account, you can go to the live program in the TP2 and reqyest it to store contacts. Those contacts will carry over once you sync to the arrive. Otherwise, an exchange account can do the same
Old 07-19-2011, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

That's odd, that Windows Phone OS doesn't' work with Windows Office on the PC. do they still even have the "mobile Office" apps on WP7?

What about eth Windows Phone 7 Device Manager? Is that essentially WP7's ActiveSync?

I know it's a stupid question but I'm basicallt starting from scratch with this new phone. I feel like I may as well be moving over to a Mac from a PC.

Last edited by JohnMcD348; 07-19-2011 at 12:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
That's odd, that Windows Phone OS doesn't' work with Windows Office on the PC. do they still even have the "mobile Office" apps on WP7?

What about eth Windows Phone 7 Device Manager? Is that essentially WP7's ActiveSync?

I know it's a stupid question but I'm basicallt starting from scratch with this new phone. I feel like I may as well be moving over to a Mac from a PC.
The Office files do work with the mobile apps on the WP7. The skydrive integration is what makes it all happen. I open up Excel & Powerpoint files all the time.

WP7 doesn't need Activesync anymore. No direct sync with a PC. You need to set up your computer & phone to work with the cloud. Trust me, it seems a little odd at first but is much better than screwing with Activesync. Now that I've migrated our own 2003 Exchange Server to Office 365 the integration is much better. Coupling this with a Windows Live Hotmail account and I have what I need.

I don't believe moving to a Mac will solve any problems with your phone. If you're wanting better integration with your phone the goal is to see what the phone can do and will do in the future. I've got one user here that uses a Mac and has a WP7 but all of that syncs with Office 365 so there's no problems. Only problem is dealing with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online in that he has to use Internet Explorer to run it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro