PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 01:24 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: so i went and got the arrive yesterday ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
My company uses self-signed certifcates which requires a higher level of security so the Windows iPhone 7 OS requires that the certificate include all keys which is a HUGE pain in the ass because our IT Admin would have to request them from our godaddy server.

Regardless, my Epic has had ZERO problems since I started using it, it's perfect for ME, and I didn't have to wait for 2 or 3 updates on my Windows iPhone 7 to get where I am today on Android. Good luck!
umm aggie i know i'm a little late to the party is everything aight man ???
Old 06-06-2011, 12:27 AM
I am a Patriot
Threadstarter

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP

yeah well i didn't post that to start anything with him so was calling him a troll necessary .. i mean i know people have problems with certain devices i mean hell i have the arrive and the evo and i see faults in both of em .. but they are both good devices ..did have a question tho what the hell is up with the overheating battery door ???

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 06-06-2011 at 03:40 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjskj View Post
..did have a question tho what the hell is up with the overheating battery door ???
It does get warm, it is metal. That's why I have been looking for a replacement cover to buy. Want to drill holes in some patterned design to see if it would help it release the heat and who doesn't like tinkering?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:28 AM
I am a Patriot
Threadstarter

i already have a case for it but u can still feel the heat right thru it .. lol that is a really good idea if i find 1 i'll give ya a holler and see what u can come up with ..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:26 PM
I am a Patriot
Threadstarter

ok so i got a question i just refreshed my phone as i do every morning to get it ready for the today's use as it loads up it decides to wanna power cycle 2 more times is any1 else having this issue or did my phone malfunction for a bit ???
Old 06-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

mine only seems to auto restart when it overheats,which is due to the still shitty sprint service in my area. good thing im using my WiFi now, all HTC phones have this issue. and why restart it? its unnecessary to do so
,just leave it running, im on day 7 since my last restart and my arrive is still as fast and stable as the first day. I've made it to 17 days of uptime before and there was still no degradation in performance.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post

Regardless, my Epic has had ZERO problems since I started using it, it's perfect for ME, and I didn't have to wait for 2 or 3 updates on my Windows iPhone 7 to get where I am today on Android. Good luck!
By the end of the year we'll see Android's 10th major revision so yeah, maybe you didn't have to wait for the updates for Android to get to where it is, you just happened to jump in while they were already there.

Frankly I don't think MS gets enough credit for where WP7 actually is for an OS that's only been commercially available for 9 months. And they're moving pretty quickly in terms of bringing new, major updates to their devices.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:49 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbearamus View Post
By the end of the year we'll see Android's 10th major revision so yeah, maybe you didn't have to wait for the updates for Android to get to where it is, you just happened to jump in while they were already there.

Frankly I don't think MS gets enough credit for where WP7 actually is for an OS that's only been commercially available for 9 months. And they're moving pretty quickly in terms of bringing new, major updates to their devices.
So what updates have they pushed to phones already?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using PPCGeeks
Old 06-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
So what updates have they pushed to phones already?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using PPCGeeks
With the exception of the Arrive and HD7S, the NoDo Update was an OTA update for all WP7 phones around Jan/Feb and Mango is scheduled by the end of the summer. That'll be 2 major updates in 10 months, not even Google moves that fast.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:34 PM
I am a Patriot
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
mine only seems to auto restart when it overheats,which is due to the still shitty sprint service in my area. good thing im using my WiFi now, all HTC phones have this issue. and why restart it? its unnecessary to do so
,just leave it running, im on day 7 since my last restart and my arrive is still as fast and stable as the first day. I've made it to 17 days of uptime before and there was still no degradation in performance.
umm i know about the overheating issue that wasn't the point i have only done what the rep at htc suggested which is when i charge the phone at night since it doesn't turn off while charging is that the next morning i restart the phone as to refresh it for daily use .. now correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't htc know more about this .. i was just asking cuz the whole thing rebooting by it'self without over heating is new to me ..

Last edited by rrjskj; 06-29-2011 at 12:34 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro