PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009
Unlocking HTC Arrive?

Is anyone working on a developer unlock for the HTC Arrive with the nodo update already installed? Just wondering if there was someone working on this and where to go to get updates. I would love to be able to apply all those tweaks like custom ringtones and tethering
Old 04-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

There are many challenges surrounding unlocking nodo at the moment. I have read that Microsoft is boobie trapping the current unlocked that was allowing wp7 users to get the nodo update. When I say boobie trap meaning that wouldn't be able another software update.

So don't buy a HTC arrive and think its wide open like tp2.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: Unlocking HTC Arrive?

Boob trap? That is dangerous.

I am sure it will be jail break.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 05-05-2011 at 11:38 PM. Reason: flame fuel
Old 04-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

ok wow seriously? u have got to be kidding about that suggestion right? ringtones and tethering are not that serious of an issue, I never made a single ringtone on my tp or tp2 nor have I downloaded one. as for tethering the browser in the arrive or any wp7 for that matter is just as capable as a PC browser so there's less of a need to tether.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 05-05-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
ok wow seriously? u have got to be kidding about that suggestion right? ringtones and tethering are not that serious of an issue, I never made a single ringtone on my tp or tp2 nor have I downloaded one. as for tethering the browser in the arrive or any wp7 for that matter is just as capable as a PC browser so there's less of a need to tether.
Can't say tethering is an issue for me. Only use it once in a blue moon. You might not have made any ringtones, but that doesn't mean others haven't. I don't need pop songs on my phone and don't need it for my job, however, I dislike every ringtone on this phone and did like having the ability to set my own to differentiate frequent callers. It was nice to distinguish who was calling w/out even looking at the phone. The stock ringtones seem to all sound the same. That said, it def is not a deal breaker for me. I can wait. Sure it will come. I am loving the Arrive and knew what I was getting into before buying.

Last edited by steveo70; 04-19-2011 at 11:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor

Steve, aren't you able to set the ring tone for different users on their contact sheet?

matt
Old 04-20-2011, 04:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by livejazz View Post
Steve, aren't you able to set the ring tone for different users on their contact sheet?

matt

Yep you can, I just don't like any of the stock ones and most just sound the same to me. Custom would be better but I can wait.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor

I see. I whole-heartedly agree about the variety. Not really a fan of the faux hip-hop esque ring or most of the ones on the current Arrive OS. I really like the clinky ring on my TP2. I am definately ready for Mango!

matt
Old 04-28-2011, 06:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

-Enkidu- is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by livejazz View Post
I see. I whole-heartedly agree about the variety. Not really a fan of the faux hip-hop esque ring or most of the ones on the current Arrive OS. I really like the clinky ring on my TP2. I am definately ready for Mango!

matt
Need some Mango, need some unlock to get Mango sooner since the rumor is Mango releases in October & the push won't go to current phones for another 3+ months. We're used to getting this stuff sooner not later! Betta not be any boobie traps either!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

OK, so has anyone had any luck unlocking or jailbreaking the Arrive/7Pro? I just got mine and have never done anything like this before. I tried Chevron. I've even gone to Dreamspark and the Developers site to try and register as a developer to get my phone unlocked and so far no luck. I've tried entering and registering as a student, using my college .edu email address and so far no replies for verification.

I think I need some hand holding to get this to work. I'd really like to use teh Device manager program but can't get it to do anything until I get my new Arrive unlocked.

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro