PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   Unlocking HTC Arrive? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142893)

JohnMcD348 08-04-2011 09:23 PM

Re: Unlocking HTC Arrive?

Anyone?

Bueler?

Bueler?

GoodThings2Life 08-07-2011 10:33 AM

The only unlock option for the Arrive right now is installing the Mango beta/release candidate.

JohnMcD348 08-07-2011 09:32 PM

OK, I'll wait till the official release. But, doesn't the phone have to be unlocked in order to install the Mango OS? Kinda a Chicken or Egg delima

Thanks.

twiztid420 08-08-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 (Post 2135928)
OK, I'll wait till the official release. But, doesn't the phone have to be unlocked in order to install the Mango OS? Kinda a Chicken or Egg delima

Thanks.

No the phone does not need to be unlocked for the install of the Mango beta,

DavidinCT 08-09-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 (Post 2135928)

Thanks.

No, your phone does not need to be unlocked to install mango. I installed it before I got my Dev account setup fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 (Post 2134055)
OK, so has anyone had any luck unlocking or jailbreaking the Arrive/7Pro? I just got mine and have never done anything like this before. I tried Chevron. I've even gone to Dreamspark and the Developers site to try and register as a developer to get my phone unlocked and so far no luck. I've tried entering and registering as a student, using my college .edu email address and so far no replies for verification.

I think I need some hand holding to get this to work. I'd really like to use teh Device manager program but can't get it to do anything until I get my new Arrive unlocked.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 (Post 2135218)
Anyone?

Bueler?

Bueler?

ok, ok...heh

If you setup a "App Hub" account, your phone will not be unlocked till you are verified. You need to submit a dummy app then the verification process will start, just don't upload it, you have to go through the 15 steps to "submit" the app.

After you submit your dummy app, in about 24-48 hours you will get a verify email, once you enter that info, you will be able to unlock your phone. Once you are verified, you will use the "Windows Phone Developer Registration" app that came with the dev tools to unlock your phone (need to sign in with your live account)

A few min in google should get you the info on what you need here. There is a website that will make a XAP file out of a webpage(I used it, I forgot the link tho), use that to create a XAP to submit.

Any questions on this, PM me, I went through the same thing, even submitted a ticket before I found out what I needed to do, also don't forget to hit thanks :)

eric12341 08-09-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidinCT (Post 2136318)
No, your phone does not need to be unlocked to install mango. I installed it before I got my Dev account setup fine.

ok, ok...heh

If you setup a "App Hub" account, your phone will not be unlocked till you are verified. You need to submit a dummy app then the verification process will start, just don't upload it, you have to go through the 15 steps to "submit" the app.

After you submit your dummy app, in about 24-48 hours you will get a verify email, once you enter that info, you will be able to unlock your phone. Once you are verified, you will use the "Windows Phone Developer Registration" app that came with the dev tools to unlock your phone (need to sign in with your live account)

A few min in Bing should get you the info on what you need here. There is a website that will make a XAP file out of a webpage(I used it, I forgot the link tho), use that to create a XAP to submit.

Any questions on this, PM me, I went through the same thing, even submitted a ticket before I found out what I needed to do, also don't forget to hit thanks :)

just made a small correction @DavidinCT

JohnMcD348 08-10-2011 08:07 AM

OK, thanks. That explains why I haven't been getting the verification email after setting up the account. I went online and used my wife's .edu address and never received the verification email like I thought I was supposed to. When you talk about a dummy app, is there one out there that gets submitted or do I need to actually write something for submission? I haven't programmed since I peeked and poked my way through in BASIC on my C=64.

DavidinCT 08-11-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 (Post 2136510)
OK, thanks. That explains why I haven't been getting the verification email after setting up the account. I went online and used my wife's .edu address and never received the verification email like I thought I was supposed to. When you talk about a dummy app, is there one out there that gets submitted or do I need to actually write something for submission? I haven't programmed since I peeked and poked my way through in BASIC on my C=64.

FollowMyFeed | Home

Make an app out of a web page (this is a MS site)... This took me over an hour to find so I can help here (look me up on XDA(DavidinCT) if you want to donate a beer to me).

Just get a web site with a RSS feed, then log in (live account), and follow the directions. At the end, you will be able to download a XAP of the website.

Use this XAP to submit for your test app, find a image that fits the subject and have a program that will resize the image when you need to.

When submitting, it will ask for assorted images sizes for backgrounds, icon, etc (mandatory, you cant buy pass it), I just took one image, reszied it a ton of times to submit it. Make sure you put in the notes, "test app" or something like that.

Go through the 15ish steps, at the end, it will offer an option to submit to the marketplace, YOU HAVE TO click that to get the next step working.

Then after your "submit to the marketplace" , the verification process will start, when you get the email, DO NOT LIE, it will verifiy against your credit report.

After doing this, within 3-4 hours I had the email. After that process you have to use the app that came with the dev tools to get it unlocked. You can't do a thing intil you are verified.

Funny thing, is now I have the bug... Trying to learn C# so I can start building apps....

92GTA 08-16-2011 06:16 PM

HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader

I'll phone should get listed there soon...

DavidinCT 08-17-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 92GTA (Post 2138209)
HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader

I'll phone should get listed there soon...

Unless I missed someone what does this have anything to do with unlocking a WP7 device ?