PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink Re: Adiós HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Yes... Pretty much what they decided to do from day one.
If you can't get Zune to work you pretty much have to get something Microsoft has approved to be on their phones. That's why some haters compare it to iPhone.
I do think YOU are not in Microsoft's target audience and I think you'll be most comfortable on an Android based phone.

Good luck with that epic.
p.
Thanks. I would have purchased the EVO Shift if the processor was better and the keyboard was 5 rows instead of 4. Regardless, I'm looking forward to using an Android device even though I was a Windows fanboy for such a long time.

I guess change can be good. We shall see.....
Old 04-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Adiós HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
I have gigabytes of music I have collected/ripped from CDs over the past 20 years and have properly stored on an external hard drive in folders. When importing to Zune, it tries to automatically classify all my music and does it incorrectly.

I shouldn't have to hack a phone to get it to do what I need it to do. That defeats the purpose! Furthermore, if I just drag and drop a file into my phone (per the hack) the phone will not read the file correctly unless it has been transcoded by Zune to fit Microsoft format. Also, I did the hack, and the phone appears in My Computer, but when I try to drag and drop anything into it, it will not copy over. But again, that defeats the purpose of the phone.

Look, as hard as it is for Microsoft Fanboys to admit it, Windows Phone 7 is no better than an iPhone. Microsoft decided to copy the iPhone format rather than blaze their own trail similar to how Microsoft Bing copied Google's search codes..... Imagine that!
as far as the tag classifications I had no issues with that either because u can go through and download the tag information from the internet and its helped me properly find the album info for all of the songs I have. it has not improperly tagged anything I have. and as for the movies being in .wmv format that's not a bad thing either as .wmv is smaller but yet more superior than most other video formats out there. and u also haven't read all of my post as to y using Zune to copy over media files isn't a bad idea, u can also even turn the conversions off as I've told u several times already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
I thought for any codec, you have to install on your own.

For example, MSFT Media Player is a toy. It cant even play any .mkv, etc BTW, who use this player anyway. It is even PIN down as default. MSFT should just get rid of it. I use K Lite Codec with 100 diff codecs on it.

So just download another media player for WP7 and you can play mp3.
wp7 does support .mp3 because Microsoft allows u to download 10 mp3s per month with the Zune pass subscription. wma downloads are unlimited but u can't listen to them outside of the subscription. if MS was anything like Apple in this regard they would not have made the Zune marketplace better and cheaper than iTunes, with iTunes you CANNOT stream full songs before u download them. just a 30 second preview and u have to buy each and every song. and when u do they come in this huge file format which would fill up an iPod nano, at least with Zune they come in a smaller format with no noticeable quality loss as is what is experienced with .mp3 which is the better sound u want the larger the file will be. with wma u get CD quality audio at a 64k bitrate which is something u don't get on .mp3 till 192k and. the average file size at that bitrate is 5Mb with .wma the file size doesn't even reach 2mb.
so I hope both of yall read ALL of my post before replying so i don't have to make the same points over and over again.

Last edited by eric12341; 04-13-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Calmado hermano.
p.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Calmado hermano.
p.
sólo dije la verdad. estoy harto de gente malagradecida sin deseo de aprender o conocimiento común y corriente.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Jajaja.
Be patient...
Los novatos necesitan mucha direccion.
I get you though.
p.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Jajaja.
Be patient...
Los novatos necesitan mucha direccion.
I get you though.
p.
pero lo dÃ* dirección varias veces y no le sirvÃ*o pa'nada.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gjhuff is just getting started
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

It's a heck of a thing when users who have stayed with Microsoft since the days of the Hitachi G are told we're not part of their "target audience." Was it really necessary to make Window 7 less flexible and useful than Windows Mobile 6.5 for MS to increase its' market share?

Zune is a joke. It has no application for a business user.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
pero lo dÃ* dirección varias veces y no le sirvÃ*o pa'nada.
Ya se brother... como este que esta aqui abajo. LOL
p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhuff View Post
It's a heck of a thing when users who have stayed with Microsoft since the days of the Hitachi G are told we're not part of their "target audience." Was it really necessary to make Window 7 less flexible and useful than Windows Mobile 6.5 for MS to increase its' market share?

Unless you are six inches long and green and have the face of a dead president printed on your front side... Microsoft doesn't care about "you".

The target audience is the individual who is going to give them more money because of the xbox experience... They want tweens and 20somethings that are not really geeks.
You thnk they appreciate their software getting hacked and taken apart and pirated? They want MONEY. Now... They do have to provide a good product in order to get that cash... But just because YOU or I... Don't like Zune... Doesn't mean that others... Like my 17 year old and my 20 year old sons don't swear by it. They are saving their pennies and waiting for M$ to release a more updated/refined product. You think ANY OS has put out a great experience on release 1.0? Nope.
Give it time... M$ will be ok... And so will we.
We move on to other products that make more sense to us and make us happy... And guess what? When that changes... We move again.

p.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhuff View Post

unless u have actually used it u have no say as to how it actually is. thank you for ur useless input.
Quote:
Ya se brother... como este que esta aqui abajo. LOL
p.

Unless you are six inches long and green and have the face of a dead president printed on your front side... Microsoft doesn't care about "you".

The target audience is the individual who is going to give them more money because of the xbox experience... They want tweens and 20somethings that are not really geeks.
You thnk they appreciate their software getting hacked and taken apart and pirated? They want MONEY. Now... They do have to provide a good product in order to get that cash... But just because YOU or I... Don't like Zune... Doesn't mean that others... Like my 17 year old and my 20 year old sons don't swear by it. They are saving their pennies and waiting for M$ to release a more updated/refined product. You think ANY OS has put out a great experience on release 1.0? Nope.
Give it time... M$ will be ok... And so will we.
We move on to other products that make more sense to us and make us happy... And guess what? When that changes... We move again.

p.
jaja sÃ* lo puse en Su Lugar, ójala que no me corran por eso. but yea on wpcentral today there is boat loads of good news on the upcoming potential of this OS. but others here usually aren't aware of it because they get their news from anti-MS sites (Engadget,Gizmodo,mobilitysite (almost anti-MS)).

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Tags
android, dissatisfied, epic 4g, htc arrive, idiot, windows phone, wp7