PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 10:55 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: An Open and Honest Review of the HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
informative es lo de menos. I see this as mostly a hissy fit type thing because he's complaining about smileys this so called forced fb integration and that u supposedly can't have more than one account associated with the device. I don't see the point in that. as for the heat issue that's associated with the battery cover being metal which is a heat conductor so of course it will feel hotter,common 3rd grade knowledge right there. my tp would get way hotter and its cover was plastic.

and how would u know this? do u own the device? have u played with it for longer than 5 minutes? didn't think so.
can i point out something right quick not trying to call u out but no1 is throwing a hissy fit he's merely saying that from his opinion that it's kinda bad that it heats up like that and maybe he has 2 use more then 1 account who knows i'm not in his shoes but i didn't see him say it down right f"in sucks btw i plan on getting 1 on my next pay day seeing how sprint won't repair or replace my tp2 .. but hey at least i'ma stay in windows so i can't complain ... take it easy ladies and gents it's just another smartphone not a pie eating contest

Last edited by rrjskj; 04-07-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:04 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

honest response above (looking for a smiley button on the tp2)...i keep telling folks to do them lol...if it works, great..if not, you've got 30 days (hey, i found the smiley button on the tp2 )
Old 04-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Seems we know who the biggest Windows "fanboy" is on these forums....

oh well, hopefully Microsoft will fix some of these issues, if not, I will most likely go with Android on my next purchase. I've had/used Windows Mobile (now Windows Phone) since the Toshiba 2032 (actually had an IPAQ before but it wasn't a phone) and unless Windows becomes more custom friendly and doesn't force me to use Zune or a single master Live account (doesn't allow one to switch the master account) then Android may be the way to go.

Funny, I was looking for the next "iPhone killer" in Windows Phone but it seems that Windows Phone 7 might just end up being the "Windows Killer" instead.... Pity....
Old 04-07-2011, 11:08 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

honest response above (looking for a smiley button on the tp2)...i keep telling folks to do them lol...if it works, great..if not, you've got 30 days (hey, i found the smiley button on the tp2 )
show me the smiles lol jk bordem set in just that quick ...
Old 04-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G
Threadstarter

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

...Oh, and the last time I used a "smiley" on a business related e-mail/text was, ummmm....... NEVER!

Like I said, kids use smilies, I use them with my daughter. Businessmen do not. I thought/hoped this phone was designed as an alternate to the Blackberry for businessmen, not for "cool kids"
Old 04-07-2011, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Teach each their own but IMO this is an Upgrade over the TP2. Stability ALONE is enough to convince me. I had my TP2 for a year and it just wasn't stable at all. I'm talking stock and custom roms. My HTC Touch was Stable and the custom roms for it were stable. The only thing I miss from my TP2 is tethering and being able to hide and watch naughty videos.

Gun Doggy Bull Dodga of the WP7 Gang

P7
Old 04-07-2011, 11:56 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
informative es lo de menos. I see this as mostly a hissy fit type thing because he's complaining about smileys this so called forced fb integration and that u supposedly can't have more than one account associated with the device. I don't see the point in that. as for the heat issue that's associated with the battery cover being metal which is a heat conductor so of course it will feel hotter,common 3rd grade knowledge right there. my tp would get way hotter and its cover was plastic.

and how would u know this? do u own the device? have u played with it for longer than 5 minutes? didn't think so.
op is stating his issues not having a "hissy fit" so were not gonna get all crazy in this thread. you like the phone for your reasons and he posted what he likes and dislikes and all in all its just a phone and nothing personal towards you. you can always start a thread on what you like about the arrive if you want.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:01 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Cool Re: An Open and Honest Review of the HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
Seems we know who the biggest Windows "fanboy" is on these forums....

oh well, hopefully Microsoft will fix some of these issues, if not, I will most likely go with Android on my next purchase. I've had/used Windows Mobile (now Windows Phone) since the Toshiba 2032 (actually had an IPAQ before but it wasn't a phone) and unless Windows becomes more custom friendly and doesn't force me to use Zune or a single master Live account (doesn't allow one to switch the master account) then Android may be the way to go.

Funny, I was looking for the next "iPhone killer" in Windows Phone but it seems that Windows Phone 7 might just end up being the "Windows Killer" instead.... Pity....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
...Oh, and the last time I used a "smiley" on a business related e-mail/text was, ummmm....... NEVER!

Like I said, kids use smilies, I use them with my daughter. Businessmen do not. I thought/hoped this phone was designed as an alternate to the Blackberry for businessmen, not for "cool kids"
windows killer? are u listening to urself? and I'm pretty sure the blackberries had smiley keys too and it doesn't make it anymore or less of a business phone because of it.maybe of the interface was colored like fisher price and all the keyboard keys had some special colorful effects when bein pushed then maybe u can say that but seriously it's just a smiley key. I'm sure the androids have that too as well. calling me a windows fanboy because I criticized ur review isn't wise either (because I'm not) I do see the faults in the OS but they are mostly minor and will be fixed overtime but do u see me throwing fits and shit over it? NO! again this is not an insult against u so don't take it so personally. I'm also curious as to how long u had this phone. here's an example of a model review of this phone. look at its differences.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-arrive...phone-now.html
Old 04-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

To the OP, thanks for your input. It has helped me to get much better insight into the phone, so much so in fact that I forwarded to a friend of mine a link to this thread to help with his decision (he hates the Epic 2.2 update and is considering an Arrive).

It's my opinion that that the Arrive is a good first stab at WP7 by Sprint, and I hope/expect that it will only improve (mainly in the hardware dept, though the device is nicely stacked as it is). I'm inclined to say that the changes will have to come from MS if the platform is to continue growing at its current pace. Hopefully their $100 dev rebate in exchange for 2 free apps promotion will establish a better free app market as well.

With that said, I have no doubt that "biggest Windows fanboy" is referring to eric123 but I couldn't say for sure since he's been on my ignore for months.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:52 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

yup, many kb android phones have smiley keys too (even though they get remapped to '@' keys)..its kinda becoming standard...

That said, I've seen smilies get used in business use.it just boils down to how close you get with your contacts..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Tags
htc arrive, review, windows phone 7, wp7