PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   An Open and Honest Review of the HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142550)

rrjskj 04-07-2011 08:23 PM

Re: An Open and Honest Review of the HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2081608)
i agree and with all the wp7 hype made while gsm was out and cdma was not i think m$ did drop the ball. m$ had too much time to make wp near perfect and i think arrive is lacking lots of basic needs of users starting with screen size.

can't really say that darren especially when android devices vary in screen sizes as well and seeing how specific devices only goes to certain companies ..

Dr.8820 04-07-2011 08:29 PM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

let's just call this thread what it is....a wp7 bash fest. if the op wants help, just ask.......I'll be chilling on the side with a basket of popcorn.

darren.wlsn1 04-07-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrjskj (Post 2081619)
can't really say that darren especially when android devices vary in screen sizes as well and seeing how specific devices only goes to certain companies ..

ya i get that but im saying tp2 is same size, like i said i still think its a great update but not for me cause i got a tp2.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2081632)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

let's just call this thread what it is....a wp7 bash fest. if the op wants help, just ask.......I'll be chilling on the side with a basket of popcorn.

oh stop, its really informative thread imo and erics post explained alot to me alone. i said its a good device and so did op plus theres issues i hate about my epic and evo i own.

Racincason 04-07-2011 08:37 PM

Honestly, unless you have xbox live and netflix the phone is not a good choice. Or the other exception. Straight business. Otherwise, its no win mo. Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

darren.wlsn1 04-07-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racincason (Post 2081639)
Honestly, unless you have xbox live and netflix the phone is not a good choice. Or the other exception. Straight business. Otherwise, its no win mo. Lol

dont really agree but the phone is geared towards business peeps.

rrjskj 04-07-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

hmm i see u don't have a ps phone so i guess evo pretty much sucks j/k lol

Dr.8820 04-07-2011 08:59 PM

I'm cool lol, I just know where this thread is headed.

darren.wlsn1 04-07-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2081653)

I'm cool lol, I just know where this thread is headed.

not gonna happen. if i see a "all out bashimg" im gonna delete posts but i think its been very civil thus far and i wanna say thanx to op/you/eric and others for that.

info[]box1 04-07-2011 09:15 PM

Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

This is WP7's first year and its a fresh and enjoyable experience. I'm a flasher-holic on vacation and loving the efficient simplicity of life.

There are a few things missing, but the things thats not missing are working great.

It's all personal preference and windows mobile is my first love no matter how much she changed. Enjoy and carry on.

Late,
info[]box1

eric12341 04-07-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2081635)
ya i get that but im saying tp2 is same size, like i said i still think its a great update but not for me cause i got a tp2.

oh stop, its really informative thread imo and erics post explained alot to me alone. i said its a good device and so did op plus theres issues i hate about my epic and evo i own.

informative es lo de menos. I see this as mostly a hissy fit type thing because he's complaining about smileys this so called forced fb integration and that u supposedly can't have more than one account associated with the device. I don't see the point in that. as for the heat issue that's associated with the battery cover being metal which is a heat conductor so of course it will feel hotter,common 3rd grade knowledge right there. my tp would get way hotter and its cover was plastic.
Quote:

and how would u know this? do u own the device? have u played with it for longer than 5 minutes? didn't think so.