PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: An Open and Honest Review of the HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
Ummm Ok, enlighten/inform me. Look at my "Ugly" list and explain to me where I am misinformed (other than the exchange issue which is the minority).
i don't want a flamewar, but your list looks like one from a person that doesn't have one...your list is nothing new. now, if you want help with most of that list (there are solutions) or really want to know how to use the phone, we're here to help. if you just want to bash, put a flame suit on .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i don't want a flamewar, but your list looks like one from a person that doesn't have one...your list is nothing new. now, if you want help with most of that list (there are solutions) or really want to know how to use the phone, we're here to help. if you just want to bash, put a flame suit on .
yea exactly what I thought and kinda said. really need to actually learn the device before u go and review it. otherwise it just looks like bashing and I see alot of reviews like this of other wp7 devices or anything MS in general.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Angry Re: An Open and Honest Review of the HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
because u can just simply not slide it all the way or u can just use the onscreen solution which is fantastic in landscape mode. and I currently have 2 hotmail accounts synching to my phone 1 that I've had since hs and the other that I made especially for contact synching etc. complaining about smiles is also silly because even the tp2 had this on both the hardware and onscreen keyboards. u also are not "forced" to integrate Facebook contacts into the phone u can choose to have the ones that aren't already in ur phone to not be synched and the volume in my arrive is louder than it was in my tp2. there's really not much volume increasing u can do in a standard headphone jack without causing distortion and using a BT headset is a great workaround as well.
One thing that ticks me off is lack of reading comprehension. IF you bothered to read my entire post you would understand my points, however your response above states otherwise. Let me enlighten you a bit:

Read my point on the slide out keyboard/tilt. I am full aware of that option, but why not keep it like the TP2 instead of adding a spring to the device? And you confirmed exactly my point, it seems HTC wants to do away with the physical keyboard (possible reduction in manufacturing costs) and have you type using the screen. If I wanted a screen I would have purchased the EVO or iPhone.

Yes, you can have multiple hotmail accounts but only one is directly tied to your phone. Once you enter that account you have to perform a HARD RESET in order to change the main hotmail/live account directly associated with your phone.

If you read my introduction, I never owned the TP2, I went from the Mogul to the Arrive, HUGE difference. This new smiley keyboard key may work great for kids, but try sending smilies in your next business e-mail and see how it goes.

Once you enter your Facebook login information it automatically integragtes the contacts into your phone. Sure, you can hide the view in your contacts but they are still there. Don't believe me? Try sending a text message and you'll notice some of your facebook contacts come up once you start typing a name.

If a recording is not done loud enough, it will not play loud enough. I'm not writing about phone calls, I'm writing about music and movies on the Arrive after syncing with Zune. Zune should have a volume increase percentage where one can increase the volume on videos before they transfer. At least with WinMo 6.1 I could use another program to compress video files and increase volume during compression then play them on the device.

These are all problems that should be addressed and/or fixed with updates to WP7 and future HTC phones, not ignored or blame passed on as user error because one thinks the user has not investigated the issue thoroughly.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Red face Re: An Open and Honest Review of the HTC Arrive & Windows Phone 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post

I appreciate the help. I read way too many glorifying reviews online about the WP7 OS and the HTC Arrive and felt a real review should be posted. One shouldn't have to hack their WP7 operating system to get things to work properly. It wasn't like that with WinMo, and Microsoft should consider this with their new products....
Old 04-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

Ok ok.. This is the main facts regarding wp7, HTC arrive etc etc. WP7 is pretty much a close sourced OS, unlike Android. One of the main objectives for WP7 is to remain closed source.
WP7 isn't not even 1 year old to the public. Android, iOS, webOS has been around and under development for years. WebOS, Android is open source. iOS is closed source like WP7, unlike Apple Microsoft release software update few far and in between
Apple will release a device and new software then drop a software 2 months later i.e. iphone4 etc.

I could go on and on, I knew what I was signing up for before the signed 2yrs agreement and $299.99 tax. I'm a Windows ppc user first and before any OS no matter what. There something I would change but hey the future is bright and I'll be using WP7 till high noon when it shines the brightest.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thank you for that post. Sometimes my expectations of Microsoft are way too high. I am one of the fortunate few that was able to apply Sprint credits to my account to pay for my HTC Arrive. At first I paid $199 but Sprint applied another $100 credit and then when I renewed my contract for 2 years they gave me another $135. So basically my phone was free. However, free or not, my expectations of MS were very high.... I just hope that enough users complain to both HTC and mS so that adequate changes are made to improve the products.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:55 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i love to tinker with my devices and i had a surround and i played with a arrive for 3hrs and its better than i expected and im good with m$ fixing issues with updates but i just cant figure out why copy/paste was even dropped, im in no way bashing wp but i just really dont get it. oh ya the no ringtones deal is kinda chitty too. imo its a good phone and a great phone if your upgrading from vogue/diamond/tp but not tp2.

(back off doc) lol
Old 04-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
One thing that ticks me off is lack of reading comprehension. IF you bothered to read my entire post you would understand my points, however your response above states otherwise. Let me enlighten you a bit:

Read my point on the slide out keyboard/tilt. I am full aware of that option, but why not keep it like the TP2 instead of adding a spring to the device? And you confirmed exactly my point, it seems HTC wants to do away with the physical keyboard (possible reduction in manufacturing costs) and have you type using the screen. If I wanted a screen I would have purchased the EVO or iPhone.

Yes, you can have multiple hotmail accounts but only one is directly tied to your phone. Once you enter that account you have to perform a HARD RESET in order to change the main hotmail/live account directly associated with your phone.

If you read my introduction, I never owned the TP2, I went from the Mogul to the Arrive, HUGE difference. This new smiley keyboard key may work great for kids, but try sending smilies in your next business e-mail and see how it goes.

Once you enter your Facebook login information it automatically integragtes the contacts into your phone. Sure, you can hide the view in your contacts but they are still there. Don't believe me? Try sending a text message and you'll notice some of your facebook contacts come up once you start typing a name.

If a recording is not done loud enough, it will not play loud enough. I'm not writing about phone calls, I'm writing about music and movies on the Arrive after syncing with Zune. Zune should have a volume increase percentage where one can increase the volume on videos before they transfer. At least with WinMo 6.1 I could use another program to compress video files and increase volume during compression then play them on the device.

These are all problems that should be addressed and/or fixed with updates to WP7 and future HTC phones, not ignored or blame passed on as user error because one thinks the user has not investigated the issue thoroughly.
once again not a big issue with the keyboard situation. as well as the Facebook contacts I'm very aware that they still show up in some areas but if u text people using the people hub instead of the messaging hub u wouldn't ever notice them. and the smiles on the keyboard is really not a big issue. so u need to get on with that no es Para tanto just don't use them entiendes, and as for lack of reading comprehension? its funny how no one else has issues with the things u complained about, what's that say about u? no seas gilipollas eh.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I believe there are too many Microsoft "fanboys" just like there are too many iPhone/Mac "fanboys" that just won't admit when their OS is not up to the standard pendejo that many of us are used to in the business world.

Look, I "like" the phone and WP7, there is a lot to like about it, but unless users respond to Microsoft and HTC instead of follow like sheep, changes will not be made. Why? Because changes cost money and MS is a business and the less they have to spend on reworking and fixing issues, the better off they are financially.

I hope MS and HTC both make intelligent changes so as to not alienate more Windows fans like me....
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:13 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
I believe there are too many Microsoft "fanboys" just like there are too many iPhone/Mac "fanboys" that just won't admit when their OS is not up to the standard pendejo that many of us are used to in the business world.

Look, I "like" the phone and WP7, there is a lot to like about it, but unless users respond to Microsoft and HTC instead of follow like sheep, changes will not be made. Why? Because changes cost money and MS is a business and the less they have to spend on reworking and fixing issues, the better off they are financially.

I hope MS and HTC both make intelligent changes so as to not alienate more Windows fans like me....
i agree and with all the wp7 hype made while gsm was out and cdma was not i think m$ did drop the ball. m$ had too much time to make wp near perfect and i think arrive is lacking lots of basic needs of users starting with screen size.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Tags
htc arrive, review, windows phone 7, wp7