PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink Re: Alright, I've spent over 2 weeks with the phone now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I have to say that I like this thread and review its a very mature look at things unlike this thread here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-arrive...phone-7-a.html
Actually eric, I was being open and honest. If you notice I listed some very good qualities of the phone. I don't hold back punches just because I like Windows, I actually expect much more from them because I am a Windows user. I won't follow blindly if Microsoft doesn't produce a good product. If they don't hear about the problems, then they won't fix them.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Epic 4G

gjhuff is just getting started
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Re: Alright, I've spent over 2 weeks with the phone now...

Aggie:

Don't let the trolls kill your spirit. I have really appreciated your reviews. I'm a TP2 user and am really on the fence about this phone. I've had PPC phones since the 6500, but MS is really turning me off with its move to an Apple like environment. Both on the PC and the phone, Windows' strength has always been the user's ability to customize it to his or her needs. No tethering? No drag and drop? Having to go through the cumbersome Zune process? No apps folder? No removalbe storage card? What are they thinking?

At this point, the TP2 does everything I, a business user, needs it to do. The Arrive falls short in several areas. I understand from some users and from playing with it in a Sprint store that the processor is faster and it may be more stable. Yet that stability might just be a consequence of its limited flexibility.

I expect that the hackers at XDA, and maybe even the techs at MS, will work on these problems. But for now, I'm going to stay with the TP2. Keep posting and let us know when improvements are mad.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I'm not a troll I was just trying to advise that llorón that threatening to leave MS over a few minor things is not goin to solve anything.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Cool Re: Alright, I've spent over 2 weeks with the phone now...

Quote:
I'm not a troll I was just trying to advise that llorón that threatening to leave MS over a few minor things is not goin to solve anything.

It's called capitalism. Learn it, Love it!
Old 04-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

And calling someone a crybaby in Spanish ain't gonna get you nowhere at all either.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 04-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

If you have issues with a member, take it up in PM to sort it out. Posts like this derail threads and... well, we know how that goes

Also, what's up with the non-English namecalling? Google translate isn't the best for stuff like that
Old 04-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
It's called capitalism. Learn it, Love it!
don't get me started on capitalism. its the reason y so many people are struggling to pay bills and keep food on the table. that's all I'm gonna say because I don't want to derail this thread anymore.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:21 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [sammich] View Post
If you have issues with a member, take it up in PM to sort it out. Posts like this derail threads and... well, we know how that goes

Also, what's up with the non-English namecalling? Google translate isn't the best for stuff like that
i deleted it wasn't trying to derail anything from the thread but it's kinda retarded when a member can say that another members review was bashing when it obviously wasn't it was an opinion he had when using his arrive and then to come over to another thread with the same stuff it's kinda bs since it has no merit to what the op was reviewing on his own ..anyways thanks op for ur honest opinion
Old 04-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by '[sammich
]

what do u mean? I don't use Google translate. I actually know Spanish.

Last edited by eric12341; 04-08-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
what do u mean? I don't use Google translate. I actually know Spanish.
Lets just keep name calling in any form out of this. Different language or not. There is better ways to get a point across or disagree.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro