PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

scottGx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering on the Arrive?

I'm keeping my TP2 and will not get the HTC Arrive/7 Pro because:

1) TP2 has direct file/Outlook synchronization; HTC Arrive does not (must use cloud)
2) TP2 has tethering; HTC Arrive does not
3) TP2 is dual CDMA/GSM for international access; HTC Arrive is not
4) TP2 has a user-removeable SD card; HTC Arrive does not
5) TP2 has wireless router/hotspot capability; HTC Arrive does not
6) Must pay $10 extra per month for new smartphone and the HTC Arrive is not even 4G

... just stating my personal reasons. I'm sure these aren't applicable to everyone.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

1) what's wrong with the cloud?
2 &5)its coming but may be at a price. what phone didn't have this capability out of the box without having to hunt for an exploit?
3) the upcoming HTC Mazaa will have this capability.
4) the amount of storage already given is plenty and there are cloud file storage apps if u want more.
6) who gives a fuck about 4G? 3G is more than fine for over 80% of things unless u want ur battery to drain faster be my guest.

I don't know how many times I've had to explain these points nor do I know how many more times I'll have to explain it. this thread should be closed since its just the same bullshit over and over.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhuff View Post
There are many users out there dissatisfied with Windows Phone 7 who are switching to Android or keeping their TP2.
and where are these users? in your head? last I read 93% of users are satisfied with wp7. u can goto any site and u will see very little bad reviews for these phones. the arrive is currently scoring better than the epic on the sprint site.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottGx View Post
I'm keeping my TP2 and will not get the HTC Arrive/7 Pro because:

1) TP2 has direct file/Outlook synchronization; HTC Arrive does not (must use cloud)
2) TP2 has tethering; HTC Arrive does not
3) TP2 is dual CDMA/GSM for international access; HTC Arrive is not
4) TP2 has a user-removeable SD card; HTC Arrive does not
5) TP2 has wireless router/hotspot capability; HTC Arrive does not
6) Must pay $10 extra per month for new smartphone and the HTC Arrive is not even 4G

... just stating my personal reasons. I'm sure these aren't applicable to everyone.
I agree with everything you said.

I said before is that the only difference is that Arrive got captive screen and faster processor.

I would have got the Evo 4G by now, but I am going to wait for Evo 3D. I might come back to WP7 when Sprint have a front facing cam device for it.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive

livejazz is becoming a great contributor

As a road warrior, tethering is definately a plus for me. So instead of a data card, I use my old TP2 and keep it on the Bus Adv Talk 200 with a data plan and it ends up less than a data card with more freedom and sharing with the hot spot. I think the Arrive will catch up, but I definately am digging the smoothness and MULTIPLE Exchange accounts which I have been waiting for for a long time. I think it's creating a major negative atmosphere for us to be flaming each other for our opinions of these devices. I think different devices work better for different people with different needs. Can't we all just respect each other's opinion and leave it at that? I think if somebody is unaware of certain capabilities, it is nice to let them know differently and that would be the only reason to respond with other than a completely supportive response. Agreed? I am a mobile device industry professional and have used the entire line leading up to the Arrive, beginning with the PPC6600 and tethered HP iPaq's before that and I can't criticize anybody's favored mobile device as I have seen all different reasons for different form-factors and os'es over the years. My youngest daughter, now a junior in high school, traded her Palm for an iPaq when she was in 4th grade. My point is that there are just as many phone personalities as there are people personalities and to each his (or her) own. Just my 2 cents, folks.

matt
Old 04-25-2011, 01:40 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
and w
here are these users? in your head? last I read 93% of users are satisfied with wp7. u can goto any site and u will see very little bad reviews for these phones. the arrive is currently scoring better than the epic on the sprint site.
Im one user not in his head, had wp and was not happy so i went to epic. scoreing better how? lol
Old 04-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Banned User

go there and look at the reviews for urself. im not bullshittin
Old 04-26-2011, 03:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by livejazz View Post
As a road warrior, tethering is definately a plus for me. So instead of a data card, I use my old TP2 and keep it on the Bus Adv Talk 200 with a data plan and it ends up less than a data card with more freedom and sharing with the hot spot.
I agree, I travel with companies time to time and I've been away for the last 3 weeks now living in a hotel that charges $12.95 a day for internet access (when I only need it for about 25-45 min a day, as I don't have that much time in the room besides sleeping).

My TP2 with Wi-Fi tethering is a dream come true. I thought I would never really use it but, it is now something I could not live with out when traveling. I use it every day while in a hotel room and it works from a pretty good range (for a room).

Yea, the WP7 browser is better but, nothing beats a nice big screen and full size keyboard for web browsing and email.

I really don't want wired tethering if it can be avoided, plug in a phone, wait for windows to find and do drivers...could take a few min, wi-fi is up in a few seconds and on the internet in less than 5-7 seconds.

It would be that important that I would bring my TP2 and change ESN numbers when I travel....

I really hope this comes soon for WP7....also that I don't get charged from the carrier too....

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 04-27-2011, 02:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

osiris12 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
I agree, I travel with companies time to time and I've been away for the last 3 weeks now living in a hotel that charges $12.95 a day for internet access (when I only need it for about 25-45 min a day, as I don't have that much time in the room besides sleeping).

My TP2 with Wi-Fi tethering is a dream come true. I thought I would never really use it but, it is now something I could not live with out when traveling. I use it every day while in a hotel room and it works from a pretty good range (for a room).

Yea, the WP7 browser is better but, nothing beats a nice big screen and full size keyboard for web browsing and email.

I really don't want wired tethering if it can be avoided, plug in a phone, wait for windows to find and do drivers...could take a few min, wi-fi is up in a few seconds and on the internet in less than 5-7 seconds.

It would be that important that I would bring my TP2 and change ESN numbers when I travel....

I really hope this comes soon for WP7....also that I don't get charged from the carrier too....
I made the change to WP7 and it has great potential. But I am too a little upset about losing my Hotspot that I had with my old TP2. For now I'm borrowing a hotspot device from work and it is quick and easy to setup. But I wish my new HTC Arrive had that built in feature or app so that I don't have to keep borrowing and carrying around that extra device.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiris12 View Post
I made the change to WP7 and it has great potential. But I am too a little upset about losing my Hotspot that I had with my old TP2. For now I'm borrowing a hotspot device from work and it is quick and easy to setup. But I wish my new HTC Arrive had that built in feature or app so that I don't have to keep borrowing and carrying around that extra device.
I'm sure it will come but, when and how much (carrier costs)... I just hope a 3d party hacks it in so no extra carrier charge, as I think $30 a month is enough for internet I only really use when I am away from home (I have PCs all over the house)

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro