PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

osiris12 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering on the Arrive?

I have the HTC Arrive and love but I did lose the Hotspot capability when I lost my HTC TP2. I love that ability.

I hope a hack comes out to allow me to do what was easily done on the TP2, turn my phone into a hotspot to connect ipad and other devices on the fly. It wasn't fast but got the job done when needed.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

mobo is just getting started

Do miss the ability to tether, had a TP2 since day 1 ran and ran the Enery Rom. This is great phone compared to the TP2 but I certainly look forward to being able to tether down the road. Of course the TP2 was a pretty fun phone!
Old 04-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

bling26 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to bling26

This is the only reason i do not get the phone yet... I have no idea how Sprint does not cancel me givin the amount of data I pull down every cycle through my TP2. I can not live without my internets on my laptop and I hate using the WiFi's, the 3g's are so much better :þ Man someone out there knows how to tether the Arrive and they are not sharing
Old 04-08-2011, 12:04 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling26 View Post
This is the only reason i do not get the phone yet... I have no idea how Sprint does not cancel me givin the amount of data I pull down every cycle through my TP2. I can not live without my internets on my laptop and I hate using the WiFi's, the 3g's are so much better :þ Man someone out there knows how to tether the Arrive and they are not sharing
its coming im sure, give the hackers some time with the phone plus updates are a issue im sure.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

bling26 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to bling26

What makes me nervous about the whole thing is that on my TP2 with Energy I have an app that makes wifi tethering possible without extra cost (for app or bill) and this app even works on my other stock TP2... so if a simple app works fine on unlocked or locked stock phone running 6.5 how is it so difficult to make/run an app on phone7??? I dont even have access to look at the phone7 marketplace to see if there is a paid wifi tether app available. I have been wanting this phone since last year and waiting sux
Old 04-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhuff View Post
Have to respectfully disagree. If you're in spot without wifi, teathering with the TP2 is very handy. Seems like an advanced phone should at least be able to do all the things the predecessor phone can do.
jaja at least spell tethering right. and for starters the tp2 couldn't be tethered out of the box anyway somebody had to find an exploit and then apply it. the same @$$ thing for every damn smartphone out there. the arrive is no different.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Epic 4G

gjhuff is just getting started
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
jaja at least spell tethering right. and for starters the tp2 couldn't be tethered out of the box anyway somebody had to find an exploit and then apply it. the same @$$ thing for every damn smartphone out there. the arrive is no different.
Except for the fact that the Arrive is supposed to be an upgrade for the TP2. Buyers of the phone shouldn't have to wait for hackers to add features that were built into the old phone. BTW, TP2s could tether from the start - HTC had a utility you could download right away. WiFiRouter was also out there to download. No hacking necessary.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work

No one has found a way to tether a developers unlocked Sprint HTC Arrive yet??? Man I need this. Anyone, anyone!!?? Help!!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

caliborn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjhuff View Post
Except for the fact that the Arrive is supposed to be an upgrade for the TP2. Buyers of the phone shouldn't have to wait for hackers to add features that were built into the old phone. BTW, TP2s could tether from the start - HTC had a utility you could download right away. WiFiRouter was also out there to download. No hacking necessary.
The Arrive was never intended to be an upgrade for the TP2. It is a completely new OS. Obviously you haven't read too much about this, have you?
Old 04-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

How long before the blu-ray encryption was broken? How long before Xbox 360 was modded?

OK, lets see how long before Arrive can be tether.

Where are all the hackers for Arrive? LOL

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro