PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   Tethering on the Arrive? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142197)

k000 03-02-2012 10:11 AM

Re: Tethering on the Arrive?

So does wmwifirouter work on Arrive ? I am about to decide if I can leave TP2 or not... but if no free tether then I am living my Arrive

Can we install Android on Arrive :) ?

twiztid420 03-02-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k000 (Post 2171359)
So does wmwifirouter work on Arrive ? I am about to decide if I can leave TP2 or not... but if no free tether then I am living my Arrive

Can we install Android on Arrive :) ?

To answer your first question No WMWIFIRouter does not work on the arrive. How ever if you install HSPL and then a custom Rom with Internet sharing enabled then you can use the feature. I have done and tested this and it works just fine.

As for Android on an Arrive the answer is no. If you want android on a keyboard phone get a HTC Evo Shift that's your arrive with android

secret_high 06-10-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twiztid420 (Post 2171365)
To answer your first question No WMWIFIRouter does not work on the arrive. How ever if you install HSPL and then a custom Rom with Internet sharing enabled then you can use the feature. I have done and tested this and it works just fine.

As for Android on an Arrive the answer is no. If you want android on a keyboard phone get a HTC Evo Shift that's your arrive with android

Hi,
First Post.

Is this still working for you? I am wondering if the lumia is going to be worth waiting for (ie. will it tether). Is the Arive considered "tetherable" now?

eric12341 06-10-2012 10:39 PM

Welcome,
To be able to tether on the arrive you will need to unlock and flash a custom rom. Sprint has not yet officially released the update that enables the feature.

secret_high 06-11-2012 01:09 AM

Thanks,
Yea, that is what I understood, perhaps my question was a bit vague. What I was wanting to know is; Is the tethering issue considered solved by the community? Has anyone else been able to reproduce the results? Is the procedure / required firmware available?

I do embedded, is the mod really involved?
I don't suppose its like;
//#define MODEM_DISABLE in sprint_has_stick.h
or
INETSHARE = true; in sprint_smells.c
Wouldn't even know where to begin with getting the IDE and libraries setup. It would be sweet if it was a plugin to VS.

twiztid420 06-11-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secret_high (Post 2180970)
Thanks,
Yea, that is what I understood, perhaps my question was a bit vague. What I was wanting to know is; Is the tethering issue considered solved by the community? Has anyone else been able to reproduce the results? Is the procedure / required firmware available?

I do embedded, is the mod really involved?
I don't suppose its like;
//#define MODEM_DISABLE in sprint_has_stick.h
or
INETSHARE = true; in sprint_smells.c
Wouldn't even know where to begin with getting the IDE and libraries setup. It would be sweet if it was a plugin to VS.

To get the option you must down grade your boot loader then push a custom rom to your phone. Once the custom rom is on you phone you will be unlocked and the tethering feature will be on you phone( Only custom roms out for Arrive are DFT ROM and Ansar rom right now both work great.
There is no code or reg key to change once the rom has been loaded. The instructions are all Posted on XDA