PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Arrive on SERO: confirmed

OK, instead of posting more questions, I call 888-882-4030(Employee Plan Telesales).

I talk to a lady and she knows exactly what I am talking about.

She said I have to pay $10 more to get to the SeroP. I can order the phone thru them and they will ship it to me free. The only difference at the store is that you get the phone right away.

I much prefer to get the phone thru mail. Because at they store, the reps is going to put alot of finger print on the new phone. I am a strange person in that I need to put a screen on any phone before I use it. I also do the hot shower trick and get naked cause there will lint flying and I always get it 100% no lint.

I also told her I can get the phone thru BB and she said be careful since you might have to sign 2 contract. I have no more contract with Sprint.

All in all, I am still in no hurry to get this Arrive.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium(international travel)/Arrive (US)
Carrier: Sprint

ldubin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Can one be sneaky and do the following?
SERO $30 (not P), buy phone on eBay, put that ESN on their Sprint account and have an Arrive on the old SERO $30 off contract? I know...I like money... :-p
Old 03-28-2011, 12:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

amberdaisie is a n00b

I think you could stay off contract, but you'd have to upgrade to SeroP. The last time I bought a phone for my Sero account off of eBay it said my plan was ineligible and that I needed to choose from a list of new plans. The only option was to Chat or Call Sprint and have them add SeroP and they had to activate the phone on my account. Funny thing is when I wanted to change that phone for an Evo I already had a SeroP account and I still needed to call to activate, because it said my plans was ineligible for that type of phone. I was going from a BlackBerry to an Evo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldubin View Post
SERO $30 (not P), buy phone on eBay, put that ESN on their Sprint account and have an Arrive on the old SERO $30 off contract? I know...I like money... :-p
Old 03-28-2011, 12:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium(international travel)/Arrive (US)

ldubin is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberdaisie View Post
I think you could stay off contract, but you'd have to upgrade to SeroP. The last time I bought a phone for my Sero account off of eBay it said my plan was ineligible and that I needed to choose from a list of new plans. The only option was to Chat or Call Sprint and have them add SeroP and they had to activate the phone on my account. Funny thing is when I wanted to change that phone for an Evo I already had a SeroP account and I still needed to call to activate, because it said my plans was ineligible for that type of phone. I was going from a BlackBerry to an Evo.
Thanks! Sadly as expected...though SeroP is still super cheap sooo...I can't be too sad I suppose
Old 03-28-2011, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6800
Carrier: sprint

AkumaX is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Sounds like it's because you needed SeroP + 4G ($40 + $10)
Old 03-28-2011, 02:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

amberdaisie is a n00b

Maybe, but I doubt it. Still, you're welcome to try and find out for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaX View Post
Sounds like it's because you needed SeroP + 4G ($40 + $10)
Old 03-31-2011, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldubin View Post
Don't really understand what do you want to do. But if you don't re-flash your Arrive to an ESN of an old WM phone, you won't be able to run it on $30 plan. It's the same as all other phones that requires SP.

Quote:
There're three levels now,
1. TP2 and older units, you don't need to pay more than $30/m even you activate a new phone
2. All other 3G devices, SP $40 plan
3. All 4G devices, SP$50 plan. Evo 4g, Evo shift 4G Samsung what 4G, can't remember, and so and so.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:31 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

I can't imagine giving up my $30 / month SERO plan.

Best regards,
-boggsie

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro