PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2011, 04:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6800
Carrier: Verizon

Getintothegame is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint HTC Arrive manual data programming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrush View Post
This helped out a ton.
I just followed the instructions and I got the PRL uploaded for Page Plus. I can now make and receive calls and text messages. I tried to get the DATA working but haven't had any luck. I will have to probably wait until an HTC Trophy shows up at Verizon to try and mirror the settings. Trying to get them from the TP2 helped a lot but something is still missing. I can't find a setting where it allows you to dial a #777. Seems like that would be the ticket.
I think I'll be joining you buying an off contract Arrive and trying to copy the settings from the Verizon phone.

You must have had to use CDMA Workshop as well?
Old 05-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getintothegame View Post
I think I'll be joining you buying an off contract Arrive and trying to copy the settings from the Verizon phone.

You must have had to use CDMA Workshop as well?
Yep, i used the CDMA Workshop for the Page Plus PRL upload. I couldn't find anywhere in the settings where to upload one from a storage card like Windows Mobile on my Touch Pro 2. I should spend some more time in the program seeing what it can do but I was just ecstatic to get the phone working for talk/text on the Verizon network and have left it at that.

Remember, there's probably a super slim chance you could get the phone activated with Verizon directly. I've gone into Verizon through the back door sort of
Old 06-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

vogles is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a "tutorial" of some kind that would teach me how to use my Arrive on Verizon Wireless. I'm a WP7 developer and I got my phone from Microsoft before the HTC Trophy was released. I prefer the WP7 over my stupid iPhone. I found a link in this thread to a process someone took, but I do not understand the vocabulary used.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogles View Post
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a "tutorial" of some kind that would teach me how to use my Arrive on Verizon Wireless. I'm a WP7 developer and I got my phone from Microsoft before the HTC Trophy was released. I prefer the WP7 over my stupid iPhone. I found a link in this thread to a process someone took, but I do not understand the vocabulary used.

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forums.

Although getting the Arrive on Verizon Wireless directly seems like a next to nothing chance because the ESN isn't already in the system you could call in with an ESN and see if it would work. I've not known of too many instances where a Sprint phone was able to get on Verizon through standard procedures.

I got mine on Verizon's towers by going through the back door so to speak via Page Plus and doing a little manual programming of the settings. I haven't gotten the data part working yet only because I haven't made the time to do it. Plenty of Wi-Fi to make the phone buzz right along

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Tags
htc 7 pro cdma, htc arrive epst, wp7 data programming