PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro > HTC Arrive/7 Pro Accessories

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

hellerbrewing is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Micro USB Charger

Can I use any micro USB charger for this phone? Are all USB based chargers standardized to send the same voltage? If I already have a cigarette lighter adapter (motorola I think) with a USB power port on it, can I just use a micro USB cord with it?
Old 04-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

Disconnect is just getting started
Re: Micro USB Charger

Micro USB is a standard, so the pinouts and voltages are identical. Your charger may not be able to provide the same charge (mAh) as the Arrive's, but it won't hurt to try.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 2032/6700/6800/Arrive/Samsung Epic 4G

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

My Wife has an old Samsung Exclaim micro USB wall charger and I am curious if it will charge my HTC Arrive. Below are the specifications of both:

Samsung Exclaim Wall Charger:
Model: ATADU10JBE
Input: 100-240VAC 50-60 Hz 0.15A
Output: 5V ------ 0.7A

HTC Arrive Wall Charger:
Model: TC U250
Input: 100-240V~200mA 50-60Hz
Output: 5V --------- 1A

The reason I'm asking is that I left my USB cable at work and cannot charge my phone and the battery is nearly dead. I don't want to fry my phone so I figured I'd ask the experts.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:02 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 View Post
My Wife has an old Samsung Exclaim micro USB wall charger and I am curious if it will charge my HTC Arrive. Below are the specifications of both:

Samsung Exclaim Wall Charger:
Model: ATADU10JBE
Input: 100-240VAC 50-60 Hz 0.15A
Output: 5V ------ 0.7A

HTC Arrive Wall Charger:
Model: TC U250
Input: 100-240V~200mA 50-60Hz
Output: 5V --------- 1A

The reason I'm asking is that I left my USB cable at work and cannot charge my phone and the battery is nearly dead. I don't want to fry my phone so I figured I'd ask the experts.
honestly try plugging it in and see what happens what the worst that can happen it doesn't fit or it won't charge ..right now i have a motorola bt charger charging my tp2
Old 04-07-2011, 11:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

TexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good workTexasAggie97 is keeping up the good work

With my luck, the worst that can happen is the phone catches on fire while I sleep. lol!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:15 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

lol could be but keep ur fingers cross it doesn't ..
Old 04-08-2011, 12:09 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
With my luck, the worst that can happen is the phone catches on fire while I sleep. lol!
you will be fine, i charge my phones with whatever is laying around at parties/work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Thankfully you don't have a Focus. Those guys have to sleep with one eye open now. JK, Reminded me of an article a couple weeks back.
Man’s Samsung Focus gets hot and bothered as it burns charger port, melts cable | BGR
Old 04-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Well it worked and I'm still alive, not burned to a crisp! Thanks for the confirmation, it's good to have a free wall charger availible at home so I can leave my OEM USB charger at work.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

I used BlackBerry USB cables and wall chargers. I believe them to be of high quality and have the longest cords.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro > HTC Arrive/7 Pro Accessories