PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Official Personal OEMizer Thread (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9830)

tiermann 10-12-2007 06:23 PM

Official Personal OEMizer Thread

Personal OEMizer is a windows desktop application for use with Apache kitchens.
With OEMizer you can create an OEM with personal settings to include in your custom ROM builds, like your owner info, inbox settings, etc.

Aside from being able to add registry tweaks, you can also import cab files for quick cab to OEM conversion.

Usage:
1. Download and unzip OEMizer.exe to your kitchen\Tools folder.
2. Run OEMizer and set any options you want to include in your OEM.
3. Hit the "Create OEM" button to build the OEM straight to your kitchen.
4. Run buildOS and include your new OEM in your ROM.

Any other questions or problems, please post here and we'll troubleshoot.
You may want to check this thread first as your question may have been answered in earlier deveopment.

Download OEMizer

I also have other applications available on my website: http://tiermann.net

You may also be interested in Tier Autoinstall which is a front-end for autorun.exe customizations. All links can be found in my signature.

Reminder: Please look through your rgu files and initflashfile.txt before using a generated OEM. Importing cabs is not perfect yet, but it will give you a good starting point.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1888/oemizeret0.png
Changes

-Fixed the problem with spaces in the folder name during buildDSM.
-Fixed cab importing that I broke in the last release.
-Added Tasks to exchange settings. This will only work if the server supports tasks.
-No longer uses cabLib.dll. It shells to expand.exe to extract/import cab files. This should fix 64bit compatibility.
-Fixes autoloading of settings.
-Added Help to dropdown menu in menubar.
-Added help file. Also mirrored at http://tiermann.net/OEMizerHelp
-Removed speeddial from Phone & Data section until I have a chance to look it over.
-Added option in Files&Shortcuts to add a Security\AppInstall RGU entry for each exe and dll on the list. Should fix "not signed with a valid certificate" problems some people may have had when running apps.
-Fixed RGU errors when a reg entry has quotes inside of quotes. It now uses the proper \" for escape character.
-Fixed button mapping.
-Added speeddial to the Phone&Data section. (saves in oemizer settings and uses provxml)
-Cleaned up "save" code to more easily add new items.
-Cleaned up the navPanel code to make it easier for me to add new sections.
-Added "Provxml" section to the OEM Info group. You can add extra provxml entries there or drag n' drop a provxml into the textbox.
-Drag n' Drop also supported for reg and rgu files in the "Additional Registry Entries" box.

-Fixed data disabling and added all the current carriers. (Uses provxml now)
-Fixed today theme not setting on first boot for the most part. Still may not set sometimes but that's due to windows having a sloppy method of startup.
-Added the ability to set sounds for events in Sounds & Notifications. (and yes, they save in your oemizer settings too.)
-Fixed error when importing a cab that has a "type" in it's setup.xml with fewer than 5 characters.
-Added Mail2Web/Exchange option for mail size.
-Added Mail2Web/Exchange option for mail attachment size.
-Added Mail2Web/Exchange options for note size (in contacts and calendar).
-Added Mail2Web/Exchange option for sync frequency.
-Fixed PIE homepage setting.

Known Issues I'm Working On:
--Not all settings are saved for the next time you run OEMizer. It's not a bug, it just hasn't been written yet. (most settings and even multi-line textboxes save now, so it's getting there)
--Some registry settings converted from cabs are set as dword instead of hex.
--Adding speeddial #'s doesn't seem to stick for first boot.

Future additions:
--Ability to set duration, enable/disable, etc for each sound
--Alternate DNS settings for data connection.

guitardoc64 10-12-2007 08:32 PM

Thanks, perfect time to try it out gotta re-flash this weekend. sounds like just what the doctor ordered to make the job a little easier! I'll let you know how it goes.

guitardoc64 10-12-2007 09:36 PM

First report.....Tres' cool. Great app!

rage24 10-13-2007 03:53 AM

Awesome thanks.

TinMan 10-13-2007 09:59 AM

Can't wait to try this out, thanks for your work!

guitardoc64 10-13-2007 12:56 PM

Got the first bug report. I set it to skip the digitiser calibration, and it did skip it. Totally.
Had to nav with the joystick to the screen calibration and do it manually. For some reason it also went straight to add contact and wouldn't close the contatcts app till I made a bogus contact. Everything else that I've set with it works like it should. I must always add the disclaimer that it could have been some bonehead thing that I did....

luv2chill 10-13-2007 03:42 PM

Here is a hint if you ever need to recalibrate--push in the joystick while tapping the Windows key and it will bring the calibration screen right up.

And calibration values should be roughly the same between Apaches but they can and do vary. Your best bet to get very accurate calibration data is to perform a careful manual calibration and then export that data from the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH]
"CalibrationData"=

It will be a string of ten numbers. You can then put that in the rgu file that tiermann's app creates.

guitardoc64 10-13-2007 05:04 PM

Thanks luv2chill for the help and the great hint! I didn't know you could go to calibrate that way. I'll probably have to redo anyway, getting an error when yagoo go! starts...

Ryan07 10-13-2007 09:34 PM

Nice work buddy. Thanks for putting the time into this for everyone.

tiermann 10-14-2007 04:31 AM

I might have to take that calibration option out because the default I put there doesn't work for everyone. Sorry about that. It was more experimental to see if you could actually skip the entire calibration and time sections. What you could do though is after you've calibrated, look in your registry for the same key...

Code:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH]
  "CalibrationData"="1978,2016 3428,3108 3405,931 543,982 545,3119"

... export it and replace the one in the rgu file of your OEM. That should give you correct calibration. I think over time/wear/usage the calibration will change though.

(as Luv already said :))
------

And you're welcome all. Glad you're finding it useful. Thanks for the feedback.