PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 01:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcatsmommy View Post
If I want to install the cabs (located on the storage card) onto my storage card using TA, what do I need to do? I recall reading something about having to change the default where the cab installs, presumably in the cab. How do I do that?
You have to change each default location from lets say \\Windows to \\Storage Card I believe. This would be in the initflashfiles.txt for file locations, plus you would have to tweak the reg entries if they make reference to file locations.

Steve
Old 01-03-2008, 04:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
You have to change each default location from lets say \\Windows to \\Storage Card I believe. This would be in the initflashfiles.txt for file locations, plus you would have to tweak the reg entries if they make reference to file locations.

Steve
You misread the questions. He's talking about cabs.

You would have to edit the cab file itself to change the installation directory of each individual file to a hard-coded path (\Storage Card\Program Files\Your Program). You then would also need to edit and registry entries (the ones inside the cab) to match the new locations.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:39 PM
VIP Member

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann View Post
You misread the questions. He's talking about cabs.

You would have to edit the cab file itself to change the installation directory of each individual file to a hard-coded path (\Storage Card\Program Files\Your Program). You then would also need to edit and registry entries (the ones inside the cab) to match the new locations.
Well no I didnt misread the question but I answered it like I was doing an OEM....oops. Anyways I have had a PM with Cassy (not male) and she is considering using CE Cab Mgr to do this, which clearly would be the best way I think. The $100 price tag is a little steep though.

Steve
Old 01-05-2008, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

AstronusX is keeping up the good workAstronusX is keeping up the good work
Great work, found a bug, when I oemizer FlashVideoBundle.CAB, it looks like it treat dword as decimal, should it be convert to hex
e.g. "132"=dword:1146569042
it should be "132"=dword:44574152
Old 01-05-2008, 08:26 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiermann
Known Issues I'm Working On:
--Some registry settings converted from cabs are set as dword instead of hex.
I'm still working on that one.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick_TN is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Maverick_TN Send a message via AIM to Maverick_TN Send a message via Yahoo to Maverick_TN
Hey, I'm pretty new to to this program and I'm still getting the feel for it, but why does everything end up in the windows folder even when i specify another folder?
Old 01-05-2008, 09:19 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

That's how OEM's work. All ROM files are placed in \Windows. ROM files cannot be moved, only copied by intiflashfiles.txt, so the original remains. That's why OEMs that have to copy too many files are pointless. They use up both ROM space and storage space.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Maverick_TN is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Maverick_TN Send a message via AIM to Maverick_TN Send a message via Yahoo to Maverick_TN
hmm
is there any way to build a rom and have the files put in their respected folders and not have all the clutter in \windows\ ?
Old 01-05-2008, 09:50 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Through a cab or manually copying them where you want them. You can't delete ROM files, only replace them.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:32 PM
VIP Member

Error Exiting OEMizer

I am now getting an error when I try to exit the OEMizer:

Couldnt access temp folders.
Access to the path '00000000.40' is denied.

Why is this happening?

Steve

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache