PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Guide]Perfect application of screen protectors with pics.

Just thought I would share the technique that works the best for me when applying a screen protector.
In the past I have struggled with screen protectors, and got so mad I almost broke a phone over it. So hopefully this can prevent a few people from wanting to pull their hair out.
I have heard of many different methods people use, but for me this has been the easiest and has had the best results for me.
The pictures are of the stock screen protector I just applied to my Touch Pro 2.

Here goes:

-Get a bowl or a cup of water.

-Add a few drops of dish detergent and mix into the water.

-Go into the bathroom and turn the shower on hot to get it steamy to drop any dust to the floor.

-Remove the battery to be extra safe.

-Scrub your fingers with rubbing alcohol to remove oil from your fingers.

-Make sure the screen is clean and dust free.
-Peel/open the screen protector.

-Dip it lightly into the soap solution..

-Lay the protector on the screen.

-You should be able to move the protector around enough to prescisly position it.

-Since it is wet there should be very few air bubbles if any, and if there is they will push out very easily when wet.
-In a short time the protector will adhere in place.

-Let dry overnight before putting the battery back in.

-If there are any imperfections they will go away completley in a few days, unless there is dust under it.

-You may notice some light spots/haze/white film in areas after the application, but any spots will go away in 1-2 days.

See the pictures I took, you can barely tell there is a screen protector on at all, not one air bubble or imperfection.

-Good luck!

Extra tips:
**dont go crazy with the solution, just dab a little on the screen and dip the protector lightly and shake off excess before applying.
*** to be extra safe cover your moisture sensor paper by cutting a small square of paper the size of the moisture sensor, stick that to a small piece of tape to cover the moisture sensor.
****never apply tape directly over the sensor without paper in between because when you pull the tape off the sensor will pull off with it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Top view.jpg (212.2 KB, 65 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: rar ScreenProtectorPics.rar (1.22 MB, 43 views) Click for barcode!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 09-25-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: [Guide]Perfect application of screen protectors with pics.

Nice write-up.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache