PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up SDHC support with WM5/WM6 [Working]

This cab has been confirmed to work on our devices. See xda forums for more information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmashock View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=310456&page=4

They posted some new drivers and asked people to try it out. They say it worked.

Here are the drivers they posted:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...4&d=1189177648

Someone please try this...

Last edited by saqer; 09-08-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

TonyDiv is just getting started
This is actually an interesting question, because depending on who you believe, the upgrade to be able to use SDHC cards is either a hardware upgrade or just a software one.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

btw, here's the thread i'm following which is very recent:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=310456&page=2

I would also like to express my surprise at the lack interest in this! I mean this could be BIG news for us if we get SDHC support. We wouldn't have to carry multiple minisd cards and wouldn't have to invest in other multimedia devices especially when the larger storage cards (8 gig+) come out.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
I have tried with no success. Seems to just be some reg entries and drivers most of which seem to be in place but something is still missing. The only sdhc pda I have been able to compare is my Q9m which has some additional entries in the registry.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Was xv6700...now xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

javo419 is a n00b
Not possible on this phone...this is more of a hardware than a software thing, The 6800 is going to support it, but not this one.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by javo419 View Post
Not possible on this phone...this is more of a hardware than a software thing, The 6800 is going to support it, but not this one.
lol...i feel this is like the 6700 gps debate all over again, but after reading the thread i posted earlier I'm fully convinced that it's a software issue that in time will be solved with a driver update. Here's the thread again >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=310456

Also, this article I read earlier is just soo informative I felt really good after reading it! It has some other information about storage cards and how they work >>
http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/...-about-sd.aspx

If you read down you'll notice the writer has this to say about SD 2.0

Quote:
Most cards and card readers out there follow the 1.1 version of the SD specification. That spec maxed out with 2G cards. There's a new 2.0 version of the spec that allows for larger cards, but Windows Mobile currently doesn't support SD 2.0. Even though we don't explicitly support SD 2.0, it's possible for our OEMs to add support themselves (I don't know if any have). So if you've got a Windows Mobile device that's able to read 4G SD cards, you don't have to call me a liar. Ignorant, yes. Liar, no.
Here's some more information from a wikipedia article that states:

Quote:
The SDHC standard addresses this limitation by using 32-bit block addresses instead. Both SD and SDHC are traditionally accessed as 512-byte blocks on 512-byte boundaries, so the change to host software or firmware is minor but required.
Here's why I'm totally excited about this and I think you should too. Quoted from the same wikipedia article:

Quote:
In August 2007 Toshiba announced that they would be launching a 32GB SDHC card and an 8 GB MicroSDHC card worldwide in January 2008. Toshiba also announced a 16GB version available in the last quarter of 2007.
The thought of me being able to boast a 32 gb card or even just a 16gb card in a phone/pda that can also do gps, do exchange mail, surf the net and 100 other things makes me feel set for just a few more years.

A little off topic, but I also just spotted a Video-out minisd adapter going to be released soon by Spectec ( http://www.spectec.com.tw/sdv.htm ). Imagine all the things you can do with all that storage and Video-out. We are literally carrying what future devices will be able to do, we just don't know it yet. I mean the point I'm trying to get across here is that expensive phones are being released like the 6800 and the iphone that don't have anything extra (per se) our Apaches have now, so we might as well settle in for the long run and invest more time and effort in our current phones.

Last edited by saqer; 09-07-2007 at 01:45 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Asus P535

NewForce is a n00b
The device itself need to have achipset that was SDHC capable and then follow by a good SDHC driver.
You know just like old card reader with old chip couldn't run any SDHC card at all.

Apparently my Asus P535 run fine with Kingston Class6 4GB MiniSDHC card was one of the winner.

Last edited by NewForce; 09-07-2007 at 01:48 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewForce View Post
The device itself need to have achipset that was SDHC capable and then follow by a good SDHC driver.
You know just like old card reader with old chip couldn't run any SDHC card at all.
Ok, so what am I supposed to understand from this statement:

Quote:
[SDHC] uses the same form factor as SD...
Also might want to take a look at this thread. This is a WM6 Rom release for the HTC Universal which was released the same date (October 2005) as the Apache. One of its features is SDHC support.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=325466

Last edited by saqer; 09-07-2007 at 02:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

johnny2678 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to johnny2678
Sager,
I 100% agree with your vision... hope it comes true.

I wonder if we could get Helmi or other heavyweights to chime in on this possibility?
Old 09-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Lurker

OZXV6700 is a n00b
Dont do it

Hi there
I bought a 4gb SD card, its brand I find is called Topram something I picked up cheap on Ebay.
I have had no success with it, its there its not there.
I was using it mainly for songs and email attachment files, but I find its a POS.
Looking at the http://www.sdcard.org/home web site, its seems that your hardware has to support SD2.0 standard, its a new standard since 2006 I think.
Now looking at the age of the XV6700, Id say it only supports the sd 1.0 standard.
So Id say no its not going to work esp the HC versions
Unless someelse can tell me/us how to update the standard in the XV, Id say dont waste your money buy another 2gb card.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache