PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 07:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How To: A Raging Idiot's guide to HTC Home webpage linking.

First, I'd like to say I'm fed up with all the third party apps and customizations and screenspace that's been necessary to get what I want.... So in a fit of Rage I decided to create something new... or, well, it's new to me because I never used HTC Home until today, and I don't know anyone else doing this right now although it's incredibly easy to do, but I think some might benefit from a HowTo on this.

In a nutshell it is to have webpage links in the Launcher screen of the HTC Home Today plugin. And to have Icons set for each one to demonstrate where they point.

On your PC go to a website that you would like to add to the launcher.
I went to here: http://myganav.com/www/pda/map?id=atlanta
(it's an interactive traffic map)

Grab the icon in the Address bar and drop in onto your Desktop.
You will then need to drag that shortcut to the \windows\start menu\programs directory on your phone.

Now you can add it to your HTC Home Launcher, as it will show up in the program list.

Now you will want to change the Icon. So you will want to make an icon, or find an icon.
I went here to find my lamborghini:
http://icone.goldenweb.it/index_file...s/default.html
Once you have saved your icon of choice you will then need to edit it to reduce the size. I used Microsoft Paint, and simply used the Stretch feature to reduce it to the right size. For this icon I used 90% under Horizontal and 90% for vertical. That effectively reduced it to 29x29 pixels and can now be saved as a .png so that the launcher will display it correctly.
Then move it over to the phone, into the Windows directory.

A simple registry edit will then link it up:

HKEY_Local_Machine\software\htc\htchome\launcher\ (find the corresponding number) then change the IconPath to point to where you placed the Icon. In my case it was \windows\lamborghini.png

So of course you could just set these as favorites in your browser, but this is a bit slicker. I've set up 3 so far... A weather report, a traffic report, and a traffic camera. I might even set up this Mosquito forecast I just found (after all I do live in Georgia!) http://www.weather.com/outlook/homea...ker_undeclared

This way I can click
1. "Cloud icon" to launch Weather Forecast (for second opinion),
2. "lamborghine icon" to launch traffic report (might need to leave early),
3. "camera icon" to launch traffic cameras (just for fun),
4. "mosquito icon" to launch mosquito forecast (might need to bring some Deet),
5. "TV icon" to launch online TV
6. "Radio icon" to launch online Radio
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.

Last edited by Raging Idiot; 08-31-2007 at 09:05 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Nice job on the how to. Now if someone can just add voicemail to the plugin I would go back using it.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 09-01-2007, 08:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

tr2518 is becoming a great contributor
You could add Voice Mail as a contact and place it in your Favorite People.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr2518 View Post
You could add Voice Mail as a contact and place it in your Favorite People.
Yes you can, but it isn't quite the same as having it displayed like txt, email, & missed calls are.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz
Threadstarter

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Seems like someone had this functionality in their custom build of this app, and
if you find it let me know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache