PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2006, 01:31 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
HTC Apache Tips and Tricks/n00b guide (Please Read First)

Alright since the HTC Apache forum was getting a little out of had with all the stickies, I decided to compile the list and remove most of the stickies to tidy up. This will be a the main thread for posting all the basic needs of the HTC Apache and links to helpful info for n00bs. Please feel free to edit and add more mods.
~mike

1. If your HTC Apache didn't come with the newest ROM which is version 2.06.00 WWE as of 10/2/06. To check your ROM version, you can do this by going to start/settings/system/device information. If you do not have the newest ROM, you can upgrade using this tutorial here

2. If you want to send mms messages a.k.a. picture and video mail you will need to install this program and/or follow this tutorial here.

3. Here's a great guide for using your HTC Apache one-handed and programs that help with that.

4. Want to know how to use you HTC Apache as a modem, you can check out this tutorial for using the USB cable or you can check out this tutorial for using it as a modem via Bluetooth.

5. I created a custom .cab to implement a few registry hacks to improve overall performance of your device. Download and discussion available here.

6. Want to free up some more space. Then you can remove the "junk" software Sprint installs. You can do this after a hard reset or there is a non-hard reset method. Basically removes Audible player and its samples, get good and a few others to free up about 6-7mbs or so. If you would like to do this, see this tutorial here.

7. There are also many hacks/mods you can do to the registry of windows mobile devices. To see a list of hacks and what they do see this thread here.

Last edited by naigaboy; 09-26-2007 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Updated Links
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:40 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
how bout someone write up one on useful programs to install when first getting the device and I will delete this post to move it up under mine.....anybody?
~mike
Old 10-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Lurker

liveforfunnow is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
install a task manager. wisbar, ilauncher, spb pocket: you need a program that closes programs when you click the X or OK.

Wisbar Advance
http://lakeridgesoftware.com/downloa...WisBar+Advance

iLauncher
http://www.sbsh.net/products/ilauncher/

SPB Pocket Plus
http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/prod...wnload.html?en
Old 10-03-2006, 08:29 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveforfunnow
install a task manager. wisbar, ilauncher, spb pocket: you need a program that closes programs when you click the X or OK.

Wisbar Advance
http://lakeridgesoftware.com/downloa...WisBar+Advance

iLauncher
http://www.sbsh.net/products/ilauncher/

SPB Pocket Plus
http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/prod...wnload.html?en

DevState
Those are all pay programs. Here is a free alternative to those and one of my personal favorites. Version 1.5 is found at the end of the thread and has some nice changes from version 1.4. You can also try Magic button find it Here
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Lurker

liveforfunnow is a n00b
that is true, but I don't like devstate as much. iLauncher provides more plugin options and interface tweaks, and more task manager options. spb is the best-looking one of all.

i love free software, but sometimes you get what you pay for. sometimes.

this is all just IMHO, anyway.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:56 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveforfunnow
that is true, but I don't like devstate as much. iLauncher provides more plugin options and interface tweaks, and more task manager options. spb is the best-looking one of all.

i love free software, but sometimes you get what you pay for. sometimes.

this is all just IMHO, anyway.
True that These are all grate options
Old 11-09-2006, 11:11 AM
N00b

GaTo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to GaTo
First post should be edited because i believe the NEWEST rom is dated 2/2006
Old 11-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaTo
First post should be edited because i believe the NEWEST rom is dated 2/2006
nall I was just saying at the time of that post that was/is the newest rom version available and still is the newest as of now.
~mike
Old 01-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Lurker

MsLissa is a n00b
NOOB here

This is going to sound pretty dumb to you all but I have been reading through these threads pretty much all day and need some serious help. Neww PPC user with no programming knowledge and don't quite understand how to begin without messing up my phone. Is there a guide for the newbie to walk me through exactly what to do? I don't even know what a .cab is.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
you can look up things you dont understand in google. For example, defination of a .cab file can be found in this link http://www.pccomputernotes.com/pcterms/glossaryc.htm
Also, kind of figure out what you know about your phone, what you dont like and what you like, that way you dont install everything (stuff you need and stuff you dont need).

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache