PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Lurker

ianwvu is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6700- White blank screen, otherwise works fine??

Hey, I need a little help.

I was using my 6700 yesterday, and following a text message I put my hand/phone down at the side, then a few seconds later looked at the screen for a reply, and the whole screen was bright white. The phone works fine, I can make/receive calls, I hear the text ding, my alarms still go off, but the screen still stays white and I can't see jack. Any clues to what I can do to fix this?
Old 04-09-2008, 07:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: 6700- White blank screen, otherwise works fine??

There are a ton of threads on this issue. You can go ahead and sync to back everything up and hard reset and see if that helps. If not, then it will need to be replaced.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ianwvu is a n00b

Thanks for the help, I was wondering if if there was a quick fix. I was planning on doing the hard reset, but my syncing computer was jacked up so couldn't sync and didn't want to erase everything. I did a few searches on the topic and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ianwvu is a n00b

Maybe Another dumb question....

I tried a hard reset, (which I have never done before) Where I pushed and held the soft keys, then hit the reset button. I guess the next step is answering "yes" to clearing everything. Only thing is, I can't see where to push to say yes (since the whole screen is white). Any help with this?
Old 04-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

on the 6800- Mogul its the R key, then wait a minute or so and press space bar to reset. could try that or wait for a 6700 user to chime in.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

for a 6700, you are correctly doing it, as you said you press and hold both soft keys while also pressing the reset button at the same time. This does display a script on the screen asking you to press the Y key to confirm and then I think the spacebar to reboot.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

digit is a n00b

The thing is, if he's at the Hard Reset screen and it's still solid white, he had a hardware issue.

In Soviet Russia, the ROM flashes you!

Thanks, Helmi_c, and the rest of PPCGeeks--you rock!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache