PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2007, 07:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: AllTel/Verizon

markjjordan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomie View Post
To fix his problem, you must add a key in the registry:

ADD-
HKLM/Software/OEM/VoiceCommand
New String Value:
"Path" no data

Soft Reset

It works, I cannot take credit, fix has been around for long time.
Zoomie: Thanks alot... that did the trick. I elected to not install the voice dialer when I cooked my ROM; I wonder if, when one elects not to install the voice dialer, if the cooking of the ROM can set this value automatically.

Last edited by markjjordan; 09-16-2007 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint 6700
Carrier: Sprint

anthonyeckersall is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to anthonyeckersall Send a message via Skype™ to anthonyeckersall
Bletooth issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Try building a stock 1.04 rom - leave the defaults as is, except for your carrier selection. Load that and see if your bluetooth works. If it does, then your problem lies in an incompatibility w/ whatever additional stuff you've installed. Also, be sure not to let carrier customizations run if you haven't purged your ext_rom yet.
Hi gguruusa,

Yeah I did that, and still no bluetooth. I have also purged my Ext_rom a long time ago. I gather I am the only one with this issue. I can't understand it. It worked just fine with the last kitchen, and when I did my version of the kitchen (not the base one i tired earlier) the only additional software I'm adding is a few games, and a few apps like memmaid, spbbackup, micrsoft voice 1.6, and so on.

This is very weird then, because everyone else seems to be ok with their bluetooth and this kitchen, and my bluetooth hardware is comfirmed as being fine but will not work with this new kitchen.

Any more suggestions that i could perhaps investigate. I am fresh out of ideas.

Thank you all

Anthony
Old 10-18-2007, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Sprint

Pir8Man is keeping up the good workPir8Man is keeping up the good work
I cant seem to get SiruCE 2.0.1 working on this rom. I added it's prerequisites into the rom (SQLCE and .NET 2.0). But I get an error when I try to launch the app. Is anyone else able to run SiruCE or know how to get this error resolved:

"An unexpected error has occurred in SiriuCE.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for mor information.

File or assembly name 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.0.3600.0, Culture-neutral, PulicKeyToken=3be235df1c8d2ad3', or one of its dependencies, was not found."

The Details page says this:
"SiriuCE.exe
MissingMethodException File or assembly name 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.0.3600.0, Culture=neutral PulicKeyToken=3be235df1c8d2ad3', or one of its dependencies, was not found."

EDITED 10-28-2007:

There is definately a problem with the SqlCe in the kitchen. I built a new rom all options the same except for I left out SQLCE 3.0. I installed my new rom & then installed sqlce 3.0 and siriuce 2.0.1 via add/remove programs. the app works perfect now.

I am going to leave it like this, but I thought I should let ppl kno.

Last edited by Pir8Man; 10-28-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700
Carrier: Srint

Sir Osis of Liver is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Sir Osis of Liver Send a message via AIM to Sir Osis of Liver Send a message via Skype™ to Sir Osis of Liver
Playing WAV files

I haven't found anything on this particular issue so hopefully someone else has run across this:

I recently installed the new Kitchen and upgraded my ROM. I have been really impressed so far, and almost everything has worked perfectly right out of the gate, with one exception: I can't play .wav files by clicking on them. If I browse to the .wav file in Media Player it will play, and clicking on .mp3 files opens them fine, but .wav files... nothing happens.

I realize playing .wav files in Media Player isn't something most people do, but in my case I have voice mails (from my work phone) sent to me via email, and they come in as .wav. The current workaround is to save the file someplace and browse out from inside Media Player to open it manually, which is a real pain.

Anyone have any ideas? At worst, is there a 3rd party media player that's worth trying?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Osis of Liver View Post
I haven't found anything on this particular issue so hopefully someone else has run across this:

I recently installed the new Kitchen and upgraded my ROM. I have been really impressed so far, and almost everything has worked perfectly right out of the gate, with one exception: I can't play .wav files by clicking on them. If I browse to the .wav file in Media Player it will play, and clicking on .mp3 files opens them fine, but .wav files... nothing happens.

I realize playing .wav files in Media Player isn't something most people do, but in my case I have voice mails (from my work phone) sent to me via email, and they come in as .wav. The current workaround is to save the file someplace and browse out from inside Media Player to open it manually, which is a real pain.

Anyone have any ideas? At worst, is there a 3rd party media player that's worth trying?
I think you may just need to set the file association for it. I believe there is an OEM in the kitchen that should make that fairly easy, though I can't remember it's specific name (I've been off the 1.04 Kitchen for a while).
Old 11-09-2007, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S 4G, EVO View 4G, Nook Color, Dell X30
Carrier: T-Mobile

av8tr is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolano View Post
I think you may just need to set the file association for it. I believe there is an OEM in the kitchen that should make that fairly easy, though I can't remember it's specific name (I've been off the 1.04 Kitchen for a while).
It's called "MyExtensions." Handy little tool.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700
Carrier: Srint

Sir Osis of Liver is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Sir Osis of Liver Send a message via AIM to Sir Osis of Liver Send a message via Skype™ to Sir Osis of Liver
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8tr View Post
It's called "MyExtensions." Handy little tool.
That did it. Wav was associated with "sndplay.exe" Changed to wmplayer.exe "%1" and it's all set. Many thanks for the tip!
Old 02-05-2008, 01:24 AM
Lurker

dukill is a n00b
Activesync freezes phone

I love the rom but as of right now I am only having one major issue, and one question. I am new to the scene so I hope these are not asking stupid questions.

My phone freezes up when I create a vpn connection and set up activesync to push out new email to my phone from my exchange server. It does not seem to matter if i schedule it for 5 minutes or 2 hours the phone freezes sometime after the backlight/screen shuts off and I can not get the phone back on by pushing the power button or even by holding the power button. The led still blinks in the corner. Can anyone help me with this its driving me nuts?

If i can supply anymore info let me know.

Thanks for all your time and hardwork.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

robertbohen is a n00b
Re: Activesync freezes phone

I have (had) the same issue. It started when I tried to use my Navizon GPS (no hardware required) which requires both inernet and WIFI on for accuracy. Consequently my phone randomly siezed afyer that with the Activesync via Bluetooth as the deathgasp showing on the screen, FROZEN; requiring a reset.

When I set the registry for WiFi and the phone at the same time. It seems to work so far. The HELMI hack (PPC6700 Hack) on the ROM do not seem to toggle this even though you do in the program anyway. So I manually did it. So far no more freezing.

This registry modification restores this feature:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\WirelessMgr]
"MutexFlag"=dword:00000000 (was 1)
Old 02-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache (Verizon XV6700)

plantkingdom is a n00b
Re: Activesync freezes phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukill View Post
My phone freezes up when I create a vpn connection and set up activesync to push out new email to my phone from my exchange server. It does not seem to matter if i schedule it for 5 minutes or 2 hours the phone freezes sometime after the backlight/screen shuts off and I can not get the phone back on by pushing the power button or even by holding the power button. The led still blinks in the corner. Can anyone help me with this its driving me nuts?
I experienced a problem with similar symptoms. If the device was powered off during a call (to save power by turning off the screen) it would stop responding. The call would not drop, but the device could not be powered back on, nor would it respond to button presses (pressing END should normally end the call, but it would not). The device would remain completely unresponsive until a soft reset is performed.

The problem went away when I switched to a stock 1.04 kitchen (no OEMs other than the carrier customize for my carrier). I'd suggest trying a similar approach: step back to the stock kitchen and see if the problem goes away. If it does, the issue lies with one of your OEMs. You can then add them back in a few at a time until you isolate the one that's causing the problems.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache