PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 12:25 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident
I unchecked many items and checked off a few optional ones and can't seem to get through the initial compile using Build OS.
When it gets to installing NetCF2, I get, "The file 'temp\dump\cgautil.exe' already exists."
I can get it to complete only if I uncheck NetCF2 and the CallFirewall Hitchhiker that requires it.
Did u have the 'hybrid' jbabey .net checked?
Ah. Yes I did. Will that suffice to run the CallFirewall that requires .NetCF2?

Still having a lot of problems getting this to complete.
BuildOS completes, but now I'm getting messages that Buildmgfs.exe is "encountering problems" and won't allow CreateROM to finish.
Then that message about patching the theme boot screen??
And then the encoding directories are still screwed up. I can find the nba file, but it won't send the nbf anywhere I can find it. I'm not 100% sure that it's even getting done, but it seems to be.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I unchecked many items and checked off a few optional ones and can't seem to get through the initial compile using Build OS.
When it gets to installing NetCF2, I get, "The file 'temp\dump\cgautil.exe' already exists."
I can get it to complete only if I uncheck NetCF2 and the CallFirewall Hitchhiker that requires it.
Did u have the 'hybrid' jbabey .net checked?
Ah. Yes I did. Will that suffice to run the CallFirewall that requires .NetCF2?

Still having a lot of problems getting this to complete.
BuildOS completes, but now I'm getting messages that Buildmgfs.exe is "encountering problems" and won't allow CreateROM to finish.
Then that message about patching the theme boot screen??
And then the encoding directories are still screwed up. I can find the nba file, but it won't send the nbf anywhere I can find it. I'm not 100% sure that it's even getting done, but it seems to be.
meh, the msg is in the bat to remind me to patch the bootscreen for the theme i use. i prepatch it so i dont have to worry about it later... look in the .ROM folder
Old 06-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor
trident, in helmi's new kitchen the directories were all messed up too, you had to manually select your .nba from /temp and then the .nbf from upgrade, and select yes to overwrite.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel12
trident, in helmi's new kitchen the directories were all messed up too, you had to manually select your .nba from /temp and then the .nbf from upgrade, and select yes to overwrite.
this is not needed w/ my kitchen, you should be able to unrar... click build, let it finish, createrom, and then you have an NBA in the temp folder all ready BigJ style. Move that nba from the temp folder and move it to the @--- directory, run NBA 2 NBF and choose the bigj.prj file, and hit encode. You now have a flashable NBF file

ill get to the other stuff later. but if you PLEASE spend some time with it before jumping to the boards, you will figure it out, my kitchen is as simple as it can get

yes, call firewall ONLY requires NET2.... you can uncheck my hybrid, you can find the other two .NET (1 & 2) checkboxes at the bottom of the system section
Old 06-12-2007, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Rally1 is a n00b
Maybe i'm just missing it, but I dont see the "running programs" today plugin that the R2 kitchen has.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Rally1 is a n00b
If I have SafeMode and Pocket Plus checked BuildOS hangs at Pocket Plus saying safemode already exists. Perhaps safemode is part of PocketPlus?

Even after I uncheck safemode, the BuildOS appears to complete, but the only .nba files I find re the original nk.nba and nk_bak.nba in the ROM folder. (nothing in temp).
Old 06-12-2007, 02:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally1
If I have SafeMode and Pocket Plus checked BuildOS hangs at Pocket Plus saying safemode already exists. Perhaps safemode is part of PocketPlus?
yes it is part of pocketplus,

Quote:
Maybe i'm just missing it, but I dont see the "running programs" today plugin that the R2 kitchen has.
running programs has a shortcut in programs. its part of the helmi additions in my kitchen, i did not pull it as a seperate OEM
Old 06-12-2007, 02:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Rally1 is a n00b
Thanks for quick reply.
I'm sure i'm missing something simple with not finding the .nba so i'll keep trying to figure it out, it's half the fun. In temp I have a dump folder full of files.
edit: duh I need to run CreatRom....
Old 06-12-2007, 02:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
Hi J. I think I may have found a bug in the Verion ROM:

1) The MMS package shows the Sprint settings, and the Registry entry to put the phone # does not exist:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader]
"X-VzW-MDN"="Your10digitnumbergoeshere"

2) I loaded intellisync into extended rom (way cool!). It overrides your no bottom bar, and places the intellisync icon there. Any idea to hide this or workaround?

3) weatherpanel is showing me in Northridge (thats 818 area code) when I am in fact in Santa Monica (310 area code). I can not for the life of me figure out how to manually change this? where is it getting its geo-location data from?

Thanks!
Old 06-12-2007, 02:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Hi J. I think I may have found a bug in the Verion ROM:

1) The MMS package shows the Sprint settings, and the Registry entry to put the phone # does not exist:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader]
"X-VzW-MDN"="Your10digitnumbergoeshere"

2) I loaded intellisync into extended rom (way cool!). It overrides your no bottom bar, and places the intellisync icon there. Any idea to hide this or workaround?

3) weatherpanel is showing me in Northridge (thats 818 area code) when I am in fact in Santa Monica (310 area code). I can not for the life of me figure out how to manually change this? where is it getting its geo-location data from?

Thanks!
1- what the he!! are you talking about ? /confused - the registry entry is not supposed to be there, that is why you have to input it manually and its in the instructions

2- Intellisync is prolly located here, change the keep on it from 1 to 0
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\
"Keep"=dword:00000000

3 - go into the config and change it to your area code and name the city, its in the settings.... pretty self explanitory

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache