PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2007, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Zak8022 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Zak8022 Send a message via MSN to Zak8022 Send a message via Yahoo to Zak8022
In for later... dammit i just got 1.6 running the way i wanted. Oh well... nothing better to do!

Thanks BigJ!
Old 06-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Lurker

rabbler is a n00b
I am the only one having problems making phone calls? For instance when I want to check my voicemail with the keypad, it keeps disappearing. When i his call status, and the keypad shows up for about 5 seconds it disappears again. Kind of frustrating. The call doesn't disconnect at all, I just cant dial any numbers while in a call.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Jmckinney1976 is keeping up the good workJmckinney1976 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Jmckinney1976
J-

When I go to Windows dir and right-click Alarm6 to set as ringtone, it brings up the MMS app and doesn't add it into the ringer folder, and I double checked to make sure I didn't accidentally click on the MMS option. I copy/pasted the ringer manually but just wanted to let you know about the bug.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8722
Old 06-11-2007, 11:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Register the SAFEMODE application to remove the error message from the bootup screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbler
I am the only one having problems making phone calls? For instance when I want to check my voicemail with the keypad, it keeps disappearing. When i his call status, and the keypad shows up for about 5 seconds it disappears again. Kind of frustrating. The call doesn't disconnect at all, I just cant dial any numbers while in a call.
This has never happened to me, nor any of my beta testers, it sounds a LOT like you forgot to hard reset after the flash, OR you let your carriers customizations run and you aren't using the GENERIC labeled ROM. Hard reset your phone 3 or 4x and flash again, and hard reset again. Weird crap like this happens a lot because hard reset doesnt always clear the ROM like its supposed to. - report back.

Quote:
Does this ROM hang upon softreset as 1.6? or freeze aswell? I hope it will be alot more stable.
NO, this ROM does not suffer the lockups that 1.6 did on a soft-reset.

Even if it did, there is a safemode application built-into the ROM that will allow you to troubleshoot the culprit application should one arise.

Quote:
When I go to Windows dir and right-click Alarm6 to set as ringtone, it brings up the MMS app and doesn't add it into the ringer folder, and I double checked to make sure I didn't accidentally click on the MMS option. I copy/pasted the ringer manually but just wanted to let you know about the bug.
I have never used the default file explorer and im assuming you are doing this. Use Resco and copy the wav file into /WINDOWS/RINGS/ if you want to set that as a ringtone

EDIT: using the default file explorer i was able to duplicate this.. .that is just weird, use the above method, sorry ><

==================

Ya the comm manager isnt mapped by default, i fudged that up when i changed the name of the shortcut, sorry ><. Manually setting it does work however
Old 06-11-2007, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
Hi J. This looks fantastic - thank u so much for finally making all your work available to us Verizon guys.

I d/l the kitchen and ran the exe and bat. At end of doing so is some message making sure I 'patched the boot screen'? and need to convert something to a something?

Can you step me/us thru the exact steps to get from ticking off the apps u want, running the bat and step_by_step to the exe for boot loader to load the ROM?

I looked but didnt see this in the readme.

Also - any chance of getting intellisync in here somehow?

THANK U!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:01 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
I unchecked many items and checked off a few optional ones and can't seem to get through the initial compile using Build OS.
When it gets to installing NetCF2, I get, "The file 'temp\dump\cgautil.exe' already exists."
I can get it to complete only if I uncheck NetCF2 and the CallFirewall Hitchhiker that requires it.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident
I unchecked many items and checked off a few optional ones and can't seem to get through the initial compile using Build OS.
When it gets to installing NetCF2, I get, "The file 'temp\dump\cgautil.exe' already exists."
I can get it to complete only if I uncheck NetCF2 and the CallFirewall Hitchhiker that requires it.
Did u have the 'hybrid' jbabey .net checked?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor
flashing now!! ive been playing around with the new kitchen, its kinda like relearning how to ride a bike i guess, you just made it a lot simpler now! thanks!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff
OOh man!!

BIG J, you are the man!!
I've been waiting around for this release like you wouldn't believe.
Checking PPC Geeks like every two hours to see if your release came out.
Finally!!

Thanks Big J..
You rock!!
Old 06-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Lurker

buzzbu is a n00b
Stuck in "Trial Expired. Safemode off"

I created my own rom from your kitchen but now I am stuck in Safemode. What do I do from here?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache