PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul On MetroPCS and a Bricked XV6700

fred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Welcome to American Roaming with Metropcs

Hi All, Funny thing... I am always here in this forum helping people how to flash to metro.... I've done a bunch of 6700 on metro to friends, now I am stuck in a 6700 from a Friend that I dont know what else i should try. The first Step is done which is the ESN part. MetroPCS has his 6700 Esn on their network. The phone is unlocked. I loaded the latest PRL 00069, In QPST, all MIN, SID, and stuff shows his current phone number. Also, it is set to Simple IP Only. *611 gets metropcs Customer service, *228 does the OTA successfully. now, any dialed number gets the annoying "Welcome to the american roaming netowrk. Your phone is not currently registered..... "

Tried a Radio upgrade to 1.43, and downgraded to 1.41.... Custom rom, nothing. Went back to stock sprint. very Weird. Is it possible that the phone is not transmitting it's ESN to the network for some reason ?

HELP !!!! thanks
Old 11-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: METRO

TMPSTUDIOZ is a n00b
Re: Welcome to American Roaming with Metropcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dj View Post
Also, it is set to Simple IP Only. *611 gets metropcs Customer service, *228 does the OTA successfully. now, any dialed number gets the annoying "Welcome to the american roaming netowrk. Your phone is not currently registered..... "

Tried a Radio upgrade to 1.43, and downgraded to 1.41.... Custom rom, nothing. Went back to stock sprint. very Weird. Is it possible that the phone is not transmitting it's ESN to the network for some reason ?

HELP !!!! thanks
I dunno but i think its the msn number it self.. does the number come from a cheap metro phone or a Nokia or Razor? Mine came from MY Nokia 6265i (one of metros Best phones ever) and im getting the same problem.

Last edited by TMPSTUDIOZ; 11-27-2008 at 01:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6900
Carrier: metropcs

winner88 is just getting started

simple fix... u entered a wrong min number .. in most cases mdn (your phone number) is the same as the min ... in the event that the min is different, you get the american roaming network thing when you try to make a call. Call metropcs tech support and ask for your min number.. they should give it to you and 95% of the time that should fix your problem... if you still getting the american roaming network after you entered the correct min number, change the nid number from 65535 to 0 .. that should fix it 100% of the time.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul On MetroPCS and a Bricked XV6700
Threadstarter

fred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfred_dj is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner88 View Post
simple fix... u entered a wrong min number .. in most cases mdn (your phone number) is the same as the min ... in the event that the min is different, you get the american roaming network thing when you try to make a call. Call metropcs tech support and ask for your min number.. they should give it to you and 95% of the time that should fix your problem... if you still getting the american roaming network after you entered the correct min number, change the nid number from 65535 to 0 .. that should fix it 100% of the time.
OMG Man, you have no ideia how thankful I am to you! i spent HOURS on my friend's phone with no success. I told him to call metro and tell he lost programming on his nokia ( little lie ) and they help them thru a fake programming, guess what. MIN was different than the phone number. He gave me the new MIN, i entered and BAM! Right away back in business!!!!!

thanks thankS Thanks! Did I say thanks?

Thanks !
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6900

winner88 is just getting started

no prob .. glad it worked for you...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Lurker

raidelc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner88 View Post
please help..can u tell me where i can i find this min number?...is in NAM setting?. i have min1 min2.. wish one is the right? or is in another part on the espt menu?
thanks?
please please!!!
Old 05-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Lurker

raidelc is a n00b

hi again. . im so sorry but i cant get connected yet and i already have the right min number, finally metro decide to give me , but i have 10 numbers that i dont know where to put theme because i have min1 and min2...
i puted 200-???? in min1 and 305 in min2.. its that alright ?...
please help ,,i changed something and now my friend's phone have the "wellcome to the american roaming"

im sorry and forgive my english!..

thanks!! im trying to do my best reading about this in the forum!!
Old 10-24-2009, 11:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Vibrant
Carrier: T-mobile

Kader is a n00b

I have the same problem here if someone can please help me out. I have a sprint vogue i unlocked flashed VWZ on it and tried to use it with pageplus, Welcome to americas roaming network. Ok flashed back to sprint and tried to get to work with page plus but still the same thing. I also tried activating it under Ntelos (a metro company in VA) still nothing. I cant even get the phone to do anything on sprints numbers either. I've done something to it and the phone wount get off of america's roaming network. Someone please help me i want to activate this phone with at least something other then sprint.
Thanks for reading this long post.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:01 PM
meanngreen

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

You need the correct prl. American Roaming network happens when you don't have the correct prl. Don a million to nTelos and pageplus.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: blackberry

chris21995 is a n00b

Thank you very much for the post. The 65535 to 0 finally cured my problem that I've been working on for a week.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache