PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

MountainDew is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Outlook Email

Okay so I don't know if anyone feels the same way but I want to remove "Outlook Email" account from the default mail client. Any Ideas? Since I got palmSMS I don't have the text message option on the mail client, so I would only like to keep the GMAIL and that's it ... I know you guys know Thanks
Old 05-30-2007, 03:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lowbud is a n00b
I've attempted to deal with this issue myself, but I have to tell you, removing the outlook e-mail section from messaging is easy to do from the registry, but once removed, your messaging will be unstable and randomly lock up, it's integrated into the functionality of activesync, what I ended doing was just removing the friendly name so now it just says ActiveSync instead of outlook e-mail.

The keys are in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Svc

What's funny is that messaging will seem to work fine without Outlook E-Mail for a day or two, then it will lock up randomly and then just fail to load completely. Importing the keys back and soft resetting magically make messaging work perfectly again.

Good luck.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

MountainDew is a n00b
Allright so I did the registry thing... I backed up the entire registry first, Just In Case 8^) I'll get back to you guys on how it works. I'm wondering something else I have palmSMS and now on the mail client it doesn't show text message maybe that palmSMS application does a registry thing to take it out of the list without deleting the registry keys. Since I saw that it was still there in the registry... Maybe same thing can be applied here on the active sync account to "Hide" it...

I'm new so if what I'm saying it's like way nuts or doesn't make sense feel free to yell at me ...
Old 05-31-2007, 09:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lowbud is a n00b
Yeah if somebody knows of a registry setting to hide (not remove) the activesync/outlook e-mail entry in messaging that would be quite useful to me and I'm sure many others.

Also, I noticed even when there was no activesync associations on the device, most of the messaging lockups were caused by activesync, then messaging would fail to load up. It's definately something integrated into activesync. I'll try some common Hide keys and if one works I'll let ya know. If someone else has information on it, please share!
Old 09-07-2007, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

datapusher is a n00b
Update?
Old 09-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor
if you are just using the inbox application to check your gmail, why not just use mail2web (its free, and its push)? i use it for my gmail accounts, as well as my university email, and it works great! then all your email goes into your outlook email account, and gets sent to your phone as soon as it gets sent to your email address!
Old 09-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Noob
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Well, last I checked mail2web forces you to use their email address as your return address on sent mail. On gmail, I can set whatever "from" address I want, as long as I confirm I have control over it.

I don't mind so much personally that it's there, however, SPB Phone Suite opens it by default (even though my pop3 is set as default) when I click on email, which pisses me off.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

clevertrevor777 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to clevertrevor777
Re: Outlook Email

So this thread is kindof old, but anyone who might stumble across it, here is the solution:

Disconnect your PPC from the USB cable or other PC connection. Open Start=>Programs=>ActiveSync on the PPC. Hit menu=>Options... Uncheck E-Mail and you will be prompted to remove all outlook email messages from the device. Select Yes and the annoying redundant Outlook Email goes bye bye and all you are left with is any secondary email accounts such as hotmail. You are now left with an option to set up a new email account.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevertrevor777 View Post
So this thread is kindof old, but anyone who might stumble across it, here is the solution:

Disconnect your PPC from the USB cable or other PC connection. Open Start=>Programs=>ActiveSync on the PPC. Hit menu=>Options... Uncheck E-Mail and you will be prompted to remove all outlook email messages from the device. Select Yes and the annoying redundant Outlook Email goes bye bye and all you are left with is any secondary email accounts such as hotmail. You are now left with an option to set up a new email account.
i fell outta my chair when i thought i can remove outlook as a choice... i followed your instructions but it was not checked.... it was already unchecked !

i dont even have an account setup under outlook email .. not sure why its even showing up

when i hit mail button on phonealarm it takes me right to outlook email, then i have to navigate to the correct yahoo accounts i have created...!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Well, last I checked mail2web forces you to use their email address as your return address on sent mail. On gmail, I can set whatever "from" address I want, as long as I confirm I have control over it.

I don't mind so much personally that it's there, however, SPB Phone Suite opens it by default (even though my pop3 is set as default) when I click on email, which pisses me off.
has anyone found a solution to this yet?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache