PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2008, 03:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (XV6875)
Carrier: Verizon

Hypocritus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android *RELEASE* on HTC Apache *UPDATES*

Quote:
Originally Posted by m15t1k0 View Post
Hey Tekkdrone, when can we expect an alpha release ready for testing? I don't see any link from you... anyways keep it up dude... it's looking fine! I'm eager to see this!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieh View Post
Where's the download link?
Well, see, it's on his website, but he has posted the initial old links, without the progress from the native 2.6.25 kernal onward. I don't think we should push him give us links for the new progress, or to post his work, because he is putting in his time and skill, and I wouldn't want him to feel underappreciated for all his effort. I'm just waiting to see what happens. It's his ability and skill. Let it come when he wants it to, yeah?

:Gratuitous, yet sincere Fanaticism:
Oh my CRAP this is cool!!. I'm excited to see everything, and if it works out, use everything, but just this feat that he's accomplished is AMAZING. There IS life after WM6.1!!! And it's even better than what we have now!! Well, that's my faith, at least!! And it appears that we might have the opportunity to use this option (ANDROID) in the future, sometime. SSSWWWEEEEEETTT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASTECH View Post
P.S. For those of yo that know me I have not been around in a while as I was electrocuted and I am still trying to cope with the changes that have been forced upon me via the injury. It has changed my life big time so please bare with me when I make mistakes but I will have all my stuff dbl checked by friends before I upload it under different name.
Woah!!!!! Dude!! I met someone who got BUSTED-up electrocuted, and saw some of the aftermath, and how he pull his life back together, and the changes he made. His progress was SOOO AMAZING!! To see where he came from, and what he was able to do afterward. WOW! I feel for you, man! I believe in you, even MORE!! Keep the faith, man!!

Last edited by Hypocritus; 11-23-2008 at 03:43 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Apache | HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

tekkdrone is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartekkdrone is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartekkdrone is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartekkdrone is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Proof of concept build released, initial post updated
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (XV6875)

Hypocritus is a n00b

HOLY SMACKS!! I just don't know what to do I'm so smacked!!! I'm gonna try this and try to post my experience a lil later.

You know what? tekkdrone for Moderator ! Or more ! President ! oh, too late for that... (chill out, peoples that think I know him)

Anyway, I AM FREAKING AWED at his talent and, well, niceness.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:40 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

tekkdrone is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartekkdrone is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartekkdrone is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartekkdrone is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

lol, thanks hypocritus.

Well folks, there's not TOO much to do but navigate around and check out the menus, you can check out the api demos too if you like, they're from the SDK. There's a few in the graphics section that show off some 3D stuff. The keycode checker is a dev tool, the rest is standard fare. A buddy of mine has a G1 he said he'd let me debug so I can see how it's setup, that also means I get all his apps too >.> . Hopefully I can add some of those in on a future build.

You might notice if you touch the screen while android is booting it'll spam the console with coordinates, I forgot to remove a printk from the kernel when I was debugging the touchscreen coordinate translation. I'd hoped to have wireless working by this weekend but wasn't able to get it working in time, I'm at the point where it prints kernel messages to the screen and finds the hardware but it fails during bringup still so it's not in the test release. Anyway, I'll keep posting back here from time to time though most of my major updates will be on my blog, have fun with the proof of concept test release.

-Joey
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

cooljustin92 is a n00b

Tried the 5 files did everything you said to do but not working. Haret is saying cannot open script file. I am running Apache WM6.1 20755. Do i need to go back to wm5?

I also am using a microSD 2gb card in a mini adapter would that cause any problems?

Thanks for doing this

UPDATE: Fixed the script file error for startup but now it says "Failed to load file \Storage Card\zImage" Now what?

UPDATE 2 : Fixed everything fresh download and now its booting

Last edited by cooljustin92; 11-24-2008 at 03:06 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:06 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

I've been using a 2gb micro in an adapter, and a helmi 6.1 ROM for testing/development (HaRET's pretty flexible), I also tested those 5 files to the point of booting Android to the home screen, then uploaded them after copying them from my SD card.

I will download the set to my extra SD card to be sure they didn't get corrupted during upload, can you please check these possibilities?

Do you have all of the files placed in the root of your SD card? they cannot be in a folder or in separate folders. Alternatively, if the zImage file is named zimage (no capital I) fix the startup.txt to reflect that, or rename the zimage though I don't think it matters, same for the initrd.

Another possibility: if you transferred using a card reader, you need to click the tray icon and "safely remove <card>" to ensure everything is written out to the card before it's pulled.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:16 AM
Lurker

cooljustin92 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkdrone View Post
I've been using a 2gb micro in an adapter, and a helmi 6.1 ROM for testing/development (HaRET's pretty flexible), I also tested those 5 files to the point of booting Android to the home screen, then uploaded them after copying them from my SD card.

I will download the set to my extra SD card to be sure they didn't get corrupted during upload, can you please check these possibilities?

Do you have all of the files placed in the root of your SD card? they cannot be in a folder or in separate folders. Alternatively, if the zImage file is named zimage (no capital I) fix the startup.txt to reflect that, or rename the zimage though I don't think it matters, same for the initrd.

Another possibility: if you transferred using a card reader, you need to click the tray icon and "safely remove <card>" to ensure everything is written out to the card before it's pulled.
I got it to start booting now it says

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

This has been there for a while so i will quite and try agin

Getting Close

UPDATE: o wait the screen just turned white

UPDATE 2 : Soft reset trying one more time

Last edited by cooljustin92; 11-24-2008 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:23 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

The first boot is long and slow, if you rebooted during the first boot, and there is an android.img on your sdcard, you should delete it or you may not be able to get it going. On a side note, I downloaded the files from the site and a brand-new Kingston brand SD card (2gb micro) failed to boot with an MMC subsystem error (it had a problem with the card) trying another virgin card to verify the files didn't get corrupted.

EDIT: I'll get a video of the boot process up so you all know what to expect.

Last edited by tekkdrone; 11-24-2008 at 03:26 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:33 AM
Lurker

cooljustin92 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkdrone View Post
The first boot is long and slow, if you rebooted during the first boot, and there is an android.img on your sdcard, you should delete it or you may not be able to get it going. On a side note, I downloaded the files from the site and a brand-new Kingston brand SD card (2gb micro) failed to boot with an MMC subsystem error (it had a problem with the card) trying another virgin card to verify the files didn't get corrupted.

EDIT: I'll get a video of the boot process up so you all know what to expect.

O ok thanks i did restart and it is now on the white screen again i will what a while this time and see if anything happens.

UPDATE: My screen is still white. I will try and delete the old file and start over in the morning.

Last edited by cooljustin92; 11-24-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 03:50 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

The white screen is not something I've seen, I wonder if it's a hardware difference. In either case I did verify the files on the site are not corrupted, and tried with a different type/brand of card. I was able to boot to the Android home screen after a while. (I recommend not using Kingston brand 2gb micros for this)

When does the white screen occur? Do you ever see the "Jumping to kernel..." message after running HaRET?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache