PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

View Poll Results: Just keeping count of the number of people who use my roms out of curiosity. Please only vote in on
At some point I have used one of colonel's roms or patches. 347 76.60%
I have not used Colonel's, but I have used another custom rom at some point. 106 23.40%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2007, 09:15 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Alright, I'm gonna try to make my own little bastardization of your ROM using the Kitchen.
A few questions.
I don't see anything called CBOW in the kitchen. Am I missing something?
Can I just add and remove folders from the OEM folder to modify (before I compile it of course)? [don't want the battery meter stuff, most of the games, TCPMP and a few other things. I'd love to know how to add in WisbarLite and PhoneAlarm.]
In your SprintKitchenPatch, there is something called Palringo. What is it and can I remove it?
Other than the \Storage Card\Boot\ folder, where can I put my voicecommand exe? That Boot folder thing hasn't worked for me on any of your ROMS; not a big deal, but if I can make it work right...

Old 05-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700, now Mogul (6800)

randyb01 is a n00b
I've flashed with the SprintFinal3.5 rom, but having a couple of problems.

1) Once I try to start the phone dialer program, I can no longer receive calls. Can receive and return calls if I've not previously tried to make a call.
2) Contacts won't come up.
3) Calendar program throws an error after about 20 seconds. "An unexpedcted error has occured in this program".
4) Today page. Links to Contacts and Flashlight don't do anything.

Hope someone can help.
My config.txt looks like:
LOCKisabled
CPY1:\Extended_ROM\config.txt
CPY2:\Windows\Config.txt
LOCKisabled
RST: Reset

and the \StorageCard\Boot has these files in it:
pim.vol, voicecmd.exe, Config.txt, Custom Settings.cab and PPCPimBackup.exe
--------------

Chalk all of that up to a pim.vol from a 2.x rom. Not compatible with a 3.x rom.

Thanks colonel (via chat room)
Old 05-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Trident, I guess I was still thinking of the other kitchens I have used. I will edit the first post. Basically, just extract the patch into a folder inside the kitchen folder. Then run the patch. You can do it manually as well.

You can remove Palringo. I actually thought I removed it already. I will check.

You can put your VoiceCmd.exe in the Voice Command OEM.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 05-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Colonel, I am back in the fold after a brief sojourn to another ROM. This one is great.

I do, however, have one question, the Cyberon voice dialer complains that it is not installed properly. Do I go around and manually install the parts in the proper places, or do I have to flash again?

Thank you for all of your work, it is truly an excellent ROM.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:21 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
What is the error that you are getting? I do not use Voice dialer and I do not even have it in my rom that I have on my phone.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
This is what I get when I push the button to start voice command.

Thanks

The file "voice Cmd" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of its components cannot be found. You might need to reinstall or restore this file.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Never mind, I figured it out! You have the button set to Voice Command not the Cyberon Voice Dialer! I think I can figure this one out.

Thanks
Old 05-06-2007, 11:53 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
I'm having issues with the phone recognizing non-OEM chargers again.
It does seem to fix itself after a while, but we're talking at least 10 minutes. And I have to reset without being connected to the charger.

I also noticed that after the screen blanks and then I turn it back on, when I first turn it on there is a very brief time where the phone is not recognizing the battery state correctly- I get a brief notification that the battery is critically low. Battery level is almost always 80% or above. And by "brief" I mean no more than two seconds- usually one or less.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:32 PM
jrs
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

jrs is a n00b
Is anyone having problems with opening up more than one program at a time? when i open the 2nd, the first closes.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Have you added anything? I saw this not too long ago when I was messing with an app, but it is not something I put in the rom. Unfortunately, I cannot remember what it was off of the top of my head.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache