PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro2 w/ Android
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dem0n2001 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ok so i got a response back from Abacus and this is what they said..

Hello Damon,

For the moment, only Sony Ericsson phones are supported. This is due to the lack of a Bluetooth Profile standard for watches. Sony Ericsson is our launch partner (we make a Sony Ericsson branded watch as well - the MBW100), and we are fully tested and supported with most of their phones. Our first intent was to make the compatibility list as wide as possible, but we found that there is just way too much diversity between phone models today. We decided to really target a subset of devices that we had very intimate knowledge of (SE phones). The watch uses GSM standard AT commands to communicate with the phones, but in our testing experience, there is almost no phone company in the world besides Sony Ericsson that actually follows the documented standard.

The watch does use the Bluetooth Serial Port Profile (SPP), but it does not expose any services because it is designed not to accept any connection requests from outside devices. Instead, the watch initiates the SPP connection to whatever device the watch is paired to. You might notice on your Windows Mobile device that the watch attempts to connect to the phone after it's been paired. The problem is that the windows phone will not have any software logic to handle the watch's communication attempts.

If you know of any windows mobile developers willing to write software, I believe it would be possible to get the watch working with add-on software. If you know a software publisher you have bought software from, send a email to them requesting them to create a software product to make the windows phone compatible with the Bluetooth watches.

I know you were hoping for better news, but I do not believe you will find a way to get the watch working on Windows Mobile. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Regards,
Old 07-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Lurker

dinomight is a n00b
I'll write it

I'm willing to write the application needed to have this mobile-wear abacus bluetooth atch work with windows mobile phones. I just need a way to contact abacus (i can't find any contact information for them). Basically i think i just need to know what at commands the watch sends and recieves (basically example phone->watch conversations). With that it shouldn't be too difficult to write an application for all windows mobile 2005 phones(my own phone included (xv6700))If you can provide me contact information for abacus i'll do all the work I can. I'll even release the source. I just need info from abacus.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
folks, from the email, it's clear that the issue is not related to bluetooth profiles.

"The watch uses GSM standard AT commands to communicate with the phones".
Old 07-03-2007, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i emailed this guy. he was nice as can be.. forgot how i got his info but just did some digging.

David Rosales
Fossil Tech
Mgr Product Development and Engineering
drosales_at_fossil_dot_com
Old 07-03-2007, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ps i also emailed JETware Mobile Software and they wrote this back to me

Our software currently only supports connections over the Hands-free Profile (HFP). We are investigating the possibility of adding SPP support to work with the Fossil watches, but we do not yet have enough information to determine if that will be possible..

Regards,

Jim Thatcher
JETware Mobile Software
Old 07-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Lurker

dinomight is a n00b
Well actually it does have to do with bluetooth profiles. in this case however it has to do with the bluetooth serial port profile. Which if i am not mistaken all windows mobile phones with bluetooth support. Basically the phone will setup the watch as if it were a virtual serial port via the bluetooth serial port profile( then the watch will send and recieve at commands across the spp the problem is windows mobile or other phones supporting spp don't know how to respond to the at commands that it is recieving/expecting) If i can get the list of at commands the watch send/recieves it's just a matter of writing an application that binds the virtual serial port established by the pairing of the watch with a phone over a spp, and sends the appropriote at commands when calls/sms/email is recieved. Like i said i just need to see what is being sent and know what to send. Right now i'm wating for my watch to be replaced (they didn't include the charger). Once i get that i can use my terminal applicate and i can actually see what is being sent by the watch (as for the other half of the converstaion i'll need info from abacus.) by the way thanks to dem0n for the email. I'll email them straight away and see if we can get this thing on the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saqer
folks, from the email, it's clear that the issue is not related to bluetooth profiles.

"The watch uses GSM standard AT commands to communicate with the phones".
Old 08-09-2007, 03:11 AM
Lurker

pcfixitman is a n00b
MBW-100 AT Commands

I have had the Sony Ericsson branded MBW-100 for several months and have tried endlessly to establish communication with my WM5 PPC-6700.

Here is a list of the commands the watch sends to the phone vial serial AT after connecting to the phone (in order):

AT*SEAM="MBW-100",13
AT*SEAUDIO=0,0
AT+CIND=?
AT+CIND?
AT+CMER=3,0,0,1
AT+CCWA=1
AT+CLIP=1
AT+GCLIP=1
AT+CSCS="UTF-8"
AT+CCLK?

I found that sending the watch the following command will at least set the digital date and time:
+CCLK="2007/06/26,02:53:00"

Each time you press the top button it will again ask the phone for the time:
AT+CCLK?

The following commands are sent when pressing the center button (Play, Pause and track forward):
AT*SEMP=1
AT*SEMP=2
AT*SEMP=5

As far as I can tell the watch follows the letter of the AT command standards, but I have yet to find a command that will display a name or number on the o-led screen!

Oh, I almost forgot; you can get the watch to vibrate by simply sending it the following command:
RING

I hope that this information will be beneficial to anyone attempting to write a WM5 app that will tie the phone (and SMS) to the MBW-100. I would be glad to help with any testing or research. I have not yet attempted to create an actual app for WM5, but am attempting to learn. I would hope that some nice programmer out there would at least write a very simple application that would monitor a givin port (selectable within the app) and respond to AT+CCLK? commands with the current date and time from the WM5 device eg: +CCLK="yyyy/mm/dd,hh:mm:ss" and at minimum send a RING command to the selected port each time the phone itself rings (once for an incoming SMS).

As a side note I believe that with a little WM5 programming knowledge it woud be a piece of cake to simply send pause, play and track forward commands to WMP when an AT*SEMP= command is recieved from the watch. The phone already does this when I use an A2DP device (Motorola S9), so I KNOW it can be done.

If anyone does come up with a small app to accomplish even the most basic of these ideas please keep me informed. Otherwise, could someone at least point me in the right direction to some sort of easy WM5 developement platform. I will learn to program for WM5 if necessary and write the app myself (I wrote many a C++ program years ago).

Anyway, more than likely I will be out of contact for the next few days, but I will follow up with any replies next week.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started
Wow, amazing progress.... I am blessed to be a member here!
Old 08-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Lurker

dinomight is a n00b
Hello,
I wanted to drop a quick message to let everyone know that i didn't just dissapear. It's been a while but i finally heard back from David from abacus. They are very interested in collaborating on this and would love to help us out with this project. David has expressed desires to set this up as an open source project and i echoed his desires. Things are moving a bit more slowly than i'm sure everyone would like but i want to assure everyone that this project is anything but dead. I'd like to get a project started on sourceforge (unless someone else has preference to start the project elsewhere) , and i'd love to have help from anyone who can give it. Once again i'm in a state of limbo waiting for more information from abacus, but things look to be moving again soon. Thanks for all of the help so for and especially for the information provided by pcfixitman every little bit helps. I'll post again when i get the project setup and with any other information i recieve from David(abacus rep)
-D
Old 08-20-2007, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 700w>Apache>Titan>i760>TP1>i770>TP2!!!
Carrier: VZW

skipster is just getting started
I'd love to help. I am NOT a coder, but am willing to be a guinea pig/alpha tester!

Skip

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache