PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to: get your Radio Back! :D

I'm one happy 6700'er now that I've got my RADIO back on my phone. It's easy. REAL EASY. Don't spend time flashing/reflashing or tossing your phone around like monkeys throwing poo... All ya gotta do is this:

Go here: (requires registration)
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...0Boot%20Screen

Or do this (I slightly modified for 6700)-

1. Take out the SD card
2. Opened ActiveSync and go to file, connection setting and Un-check "Allow USB Connections". Then press Ok and close ActiveSync
3. Put in bootloader mode (Power + Record + reset) which brings up the "un-backlit" screen with "Serial" at the top and v0.XX at the bottom
4. Plug in USB cable DIRECTLY from PC to Phone (MAKE SURE NOT TO USE A USB HUB). You MIGHT then see a warning window complaining that an "Unsigned" device driver is being attempted to be installed. You will be prompted to either "STOP INSTALLATION" or "CONTINUE ANYWAY" - this warning can be safely ignored and so just click on "CONTINUE ANYWAY".
5. Open mtty utility / software (http://rapidshare.com/files/27028426...2_538.rar.html)
6. Select USB from the "Port" drop-down on the upper left corner of the dialog box and hit OK
7. Then another screen will come up. Hit enter and that will show "USB>"
8. Type exactly "set 14 0" and hit enter. You will see some jibberish on the mtty utility which will again be suffixed by "USB>". Your 6700 will not seem to have done anything and should still indicate "USB" at the top, and "v2.01" (or equivalent) at the bottom. You can now close the mtty utility.

9. On the Desktop PC unplug the USB cable and re-plug it into the exact same USB port again. From this point onwards, you must use this exact same USB port to flash the ROMs of your phone because failure to do so will most proably result in "Connection Errors" at the beginning of the flashing process when the RUU attempts to establish communication with your Universal. After re-pluging into the USB port, you can then run the ROM update APA_SPCS_20600_303_12700_WWE_Ship.exe (or latest version - CARRIER SPECIFIC)
10. It will go through the upgrade process with the 3 steps and "completed successfully" on the PC
11. wait until 100% complete

12. Then do a Hard Reset with the two "-" buttons and the soft reset button.

13. Press "Y" and then it starts to boot
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Glad you got this fixed. Hopefully the other users will see this and then then can stop pulling their hair out trying to fix the Radio problems.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 04-20-2007, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mdecker79 is a n00b
How did you loose your radio? Was it not working at all and this is how you got it back?
Old 04-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Good find. Did you not have to kill the two processes with Task Manager before the Bootloader step?

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 04-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
I lost my radio RagingIdiot-style by doing an untested unverified PRL update via a .cab file method.
Actually, it is also possible that other processes, programs, updates and the like could have been at fault. It's just that the only thing I did different that day that I hadn't tried before was the .cab file PRL update.
As we all know there are so many variables that could be at play it's sometimes hard to nail down the exact fault of a problem, especially when it happens while trying to solve a different problem.

To the best of my memory, I think the radio became unstable at some point after the .cab prl update, so then I tried updating the radio or the ROM and then I noticed it was gone entirely. Just stated "None" under Radio version.

I didn't have to kill any processes before putting it into bootloader mode. One step I left out of my first post above is very likely unnecessary, but for the sake of being thorough - I deleted all files in the extended ROM directory before going into bootloader.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
I was talking about this:

Quote:
press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC (open task manager)

go to the PROCESSES tab
right click on WCESMgr.exe, right click and terminate process.
do the same for wcescomm.exe.
from here:

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inane/1119

Obviously these are different processes, but it might cause issues down the line so I am putting it here for future readers.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

No one needs to kill processes before doing this. Following the 13 steps above will be all that is needed. Anything else will just add unnecessary complexity to the issue.

This has been tried and verified.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch PRO

tbhausen is just getting started
Nice write up... I can promise you I learned all you summarized the hard way

Todd/Indy
Old 06-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Lurker

RedCanyon is a n00b
You just saved me from having to ship this to UT or claim it on insurance. Thanks you. I want to insert this text to people can find it easier "a wireless radio must be attached to use the phone" Here is the answer!!

Thanks Raging
Old 06-05-2007, 07:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work
This also worked for me. My Radio quick working consistently, and then completely, after I called *2 (Sprint Customer Service) to change my wifes phone and it forced an automatic update to my PPC-6700. I'm assuming that the update was a PRL change. Sprint was absolutely no help in fixing the problem. I was about to send it into UT since I have about 3 months left on my warranty when I found the above solution late last night. I was going to update my original post until I seen Raging Idiots post. Great Job Raging Idiot!!

Once I got a complete re-install with the stock roms I'm was back in business and now I'm waiting for Colonel's new 2.6 core AKU release!!!???!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache