PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Official List of Necessary ExtRom Cabs For Each Carrier (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=3660)

colonel 04-04-2007 06:12 PM

Official List of Necessary ExtRom Cabs For Each Carrier

I know that there are a lot of threads out there dealing with the Sprint ExtRom and a few dealing with Verizon, but I would like to have one central source dealing with the ExtRoms of all of the apache carriers. I will continue to update this first thread so the info is always easily found.

One of the reasons I am doing this is because I am starting to build carrier dependent stuff into roms. I am sure this will only increase with kitchen releases and it will become necessary for people to know what they "have" to build in and what can be skipped.

There will be three catagories. Necessary cabs are cabs that must be installed for proper functionality of all services. For instance, Sprint needs certain cabs to run to set up the data connection. Optional cabs are cabs that may perform some settings changes or other registry edits that the carrier wanted to set. While these cabs are not absolutely necessary, it might be recommended to install them anyway. Junk cabs are the obvious waste of binary code and there really is no reason someone would want to install them unless the individual wants a certain app like Audible on Sprint.

Here is a start. Note: *=Necessary, +=Optional, /=junk

SPRINT:

*IOTA.sa.CAB
*PP_IOTA_v1_10_Apache_206300.sa.CAB
*Cert_SPCS.CAB
*Cert_SPCS.sa.CAB
*Customize_SPCS.sa.CAB
+DirectShow.sa.CAB
+Enable_RingTone.sa.CAB
+PhoneSetting_HelpFile.sa.CAB
+PowerICON.sa.CAB
+PP_ErrCodeForSPCS_Apache_206300.sa.CAB
+PP_Version_Apac_206303.sa.CAB
+PT_RemoveHTCBatteryICON_Apache_206300.sa.CAB
+ResString.sa.CAB
+RTPlugin_CDMA.sa.CAB
+TimeSnyc.sa.CAB
+ButtonLock.sa.CAB
Note: ButtonLock is not on the ftp yet. There are also other cabs on the ftp from the Sprint Extrom, but I will not list them right now because they are either junk or no longer needed.

[Verizon]

-Here is a comprehensive thread dealing with the Verizon ExtRom

-All Verizon Cabs are optional, but this will require manual setup of data services and voicemail-

+VZWProvision_Signed.sa.CAB
+Apache_VZW_MMS3.0.6.24_20060124.CAB
+getMMSCtxMenuInfo.CAB
+Customize_105201.sa.CAB
+Enable_RingTone.sa.CAB
+Region.sa.CAB
+VZWProvision.PPC400_2577MTM.CAB
+Remove.sa.CAB
+Link.sa.CAB
+PP_AreaCode_Apache_203700.sa.CAB
+PP_Downlaod_Apache_203200.sa.CAB
+PT_HideModeOfOperation_Apache_203200.sa.CAB
+PT_WiFiAndRadio_Apache_203200.sa.CAB
+PP_Version_Apache_207200.sa.CAB
+PP_Nolog_Apache_203200.sa.CAB
+PT_BT_Apache_205200.sa.CAB
+PP_AddRingTone_Apache_205200.sa.CAB
+PP_MSFP_Apache_205200.sa.CAB
+PT_PhoneSettingHelpFile_Apache_205200.sa.CAB
+PP_DataRetry_Apache_205200.sa.CAB
+PP_SMSACK_Apache_205200.sa.CAB

[Bell]

PP_Tsk_Apac_208700.sa.CAB
P_ButtonLock_Apac_203700.sa.CAB
PP_DPSTSetting_Apac_208700.sa.CAB
P_EnableOfOperation_Apac_203700.sa.CAB
P_ICON_Apac_203700.sa.CAB
PP_Setting_Apac_208700.sa.CAB
P_SMStimestamp_Apac_203700.sa.CAB
P_LocationSetting_Apac_203700.sa.CAB
P_Import_apac_203700.sa.CAB
PP_EnableTimeSync_Apac_208700.sa.CAB
PP_ErrCode_Apac_209700.sa.CAB
PP_SMSInteractive_Apac_208700.sa.CAB
PP_SMSPriority_Apac_208700.sa.CAB
PP_StartHome_Apac_208700.sa.CAB
PT_BT_Apache_205200.sa.CAB
PP_8BIT_UNICODE_Apache_208700.sa.CAB
PP_ChangeTtyModeWording_Apac_209700.sa.CAB
PP_Rilphone_Apac_211707.sa.CAB
PP_Version_Apac_211710.sa.CAB

[Telus]

Default_Setting.sa.CAB
telus_setting.sa.CAB
DPST.sa.CAB
Link.sa.CAB
Dpstdll.sa.CAB
AmdCmdInt.sa.CAB
+PP_Version_Apac_209701.sa.CAB
/PP_WelcomeMessage_Apac_209701.sa.CAB
/handango_software_store.sa.CAB

[Alltel]

DisableDataCode.sa.CAB
Link.sa.CAB
PP_Rilphone_Apac_211707.sa.CAB
Default_DPST.sa.CAB
Default_Generic.sa.CAB
PP_ImportReg_Apac_211711.sa.CAB
Default_Settings.sa.CAB
axcess_shop.cab
PP_Version_Apac_211711.sa.CAB
PP_DataRetry_Apache_205200.sa.CAB

[Qwest]

Default_Gerenic.sa.CAB
Default_ImportReg.sa.CAB
Default_Settings.sa.CAB
Default_Version.sa.CAB
Customize_QWEST.sa.CAB
Enable_RingTone.sa.CAB
IOTA.sa.CAB
Link.sa.CAB
PhoneExt_Service.sa.CAB
ErrCode.sa.CAB
HelpFile.sa.CAB[/url]

[SaskTel]
P_ButtonLock_Apac_203700.sa.CAB
P_EnableOfOperation_Apac_203700.sa.CAB
P_ICON_Apac_203700.sa.CAB
P_SMStimestamp_Apac_203700.sa.CAB
P_LocationSetting_Apac_203700.sa.CAB
P_Import_apac_203700.sa.CAB
PP_EnableTimeSync_Apac_208700.sa.CAB
PP_ErrCode_Apac_209700.sa.CAB
PP_SMSInteractive_Apac_208700.sa.CAB
PP_SMSPriority_Apac_208700.sa.CAB
PP_StartHome_Apac_208700.sa.CAB
PP_8BIT_UNICODE_Apache_208700.sa.CAB
PP_ChangeTtyModeWording_Apac_209700.sa.CAB
UTSI_Cert.sa.CAB
Signed_BWASettings3.sa.CAB
Signed_Sasktel_ExtROM211507.sa.CAB
Signed_SASKTEL_DPST2.sa.CAB

jimnutt 04-04-2007 07:47 PM

Well, for Verizon, technically it's all optional. You can get away without loading any of the ExtRom cabs and your phone will work just fine. You have to set up the data connection manually (using phone number #777 and leave username/password/domain blank, when first connecting and it asks for them again, leave them blank and check the remember box). You also have to set up the voicemail number yourself and the ## numbers don't work, but the phone functions just fine and is completely generic but for the logo on case.

ls6tt 04-04-2007 07:59 PM

Love the list, possibly post links next to the .cabs so people know where to get them?

supadoggie 04-04-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimnutt
Well, for Verizon, technically it's all optional. You can get away without loading any of the ExtRom cabs and your phone will work just fine. You have to set up the data connection manually (using phone number #777 and leave username/password/domain blank, when first connecting and it asks for them again, leave them blank and check the remember box). You also have to set up the voicemail number yourself and the ## numbers don't work, but the phone functions just fine and is completely generic but for the logo on case.

I've used the Verizon without any of the ExtROM customizations on all the ROMS and it works fine.

THe only thing I install is the MMS application because I send/receive picture messages sometimes..

colonel 04-04-2007 09:04 PM

yeah, I will link the files eventually.

So for Verizon, you don't need any cabs. Remember though, that this list is also for newer users. I will mark them all optionional for now. Which of the VZ cabs are necessary for a new user that does not know how to do it manually? I will mark them optional, but recommended.

luv2chill 04-04-2007 09:12 PM

Well technically none of the Sprint cabs are strictly necessary for the phone to work either. Same as Verizon--you must already have the nvm in your phone provisioned and you have to set up the #777 connection manually, blah blah blah.

What I think is meant by necessary is the ones that set up your phone functions and data connection according to how it should be set up on your carrier (hence the different ## codes, etc.). Also, at least on Sprint you need the certificate cabs or else you're going to have problems installing apps.

So hopefully knowledgable people from the other carriers can step up here and identify what in their extrom is necessary (using the definition above). Otherwise I can go through 'em with cab manager and figure it out.

gof 04-05-2007 01:01 PM

I think this is a great thread idea. Perhaps we could also incorporate some description into what each item is (where known) as well as a link to the latest ROM that actually HAS these EXTRom images. That would make for one-stop-shopping.

For Sprint, you've obviously left off the junk (no audible for example). Also, I hadn't loaded PP_IOTA_v1_10_Apache_206300.sa.CAB, but you claim it to be required. What does it do? My data and such were all working fine as far as I could tell...

badutahboy 04-05-2007 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supadoggie
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimnutt

I've used the Verizon without any of the ExtROM customizations on all the ROMS and it works fine.

THe only thing I install is the MMS application because I send/receive picture messages sometimes..

Ditto, the ## codes work fine for me, and my voice mail speed dial has always been set up automatically either by the phone or by OTASP, not that it'd be hard to program it manually.

So does this mean that if I'm making a custom extended rom, I can delete ALL of the verizon customization except for MMS? (stupid question, but I want verification)

WanderingMinstrel 04-05-2007 02:59 PM

Qwest Ext Rom

Extended_ROM\Qwest240

CAB: \Extended_ROM\Default_Gerenic.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Default_ImportReg.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Default_Settings.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Default_Version.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Customize_QWEST.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Enable_RingTone.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\IOTA.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\Link.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\PhoneExt_Service.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\ErrCode.sa.CAB
CAB: \Extended_ROM\HelpFile.sa.CAB

Sorry, I don't know which are necessary or optional. I just wanted to add Qwest to the compilation.

naigaboy 04-05-2007 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badutahboy

Ditto, the ## codes work fine for me, and my voice mail speed dial has always been set up automatically either by the phone or by OTASP, not that it'd be hard to program it manually.

So does this mean that if I'm making a custom extended rom, I can delete ALL of the verizon customization except for MMS? (stupid question, but I want verification)

Yes, and to correctly delete stuff in your extended rom or make a custom ext rom,click on this link
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/how-to-custo...rom-t1395.html