PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2007, 09:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Sprint

kevdawg is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to kevdawg Send a message via MSN to kevdawg Send a message via Yahoo to kevdawg Send a message via Skype™ to kevdawg
Thanks Jamesus.

Now it would be nice to know what the optional cabs for a specific carrier like Sprint per say do so we can know if we want them installed or if they are useful to us.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
The ones that are mandatory in the list you need in order for your phone to function properly. The others you can search for, as I think they are documented in the Wiki or in threads.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 07-05-2007, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache

kevdawg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kevdawg Send a message via MSN to kevdawg Send a message via Yahoo to kevdawg Send a message via Skype™ to kevdawg
cool.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache + HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

the18thtee is just getting started
I have uploaded the ExtRom for Cellular South to the FTP ExtRom folder if you would like to update the Official List to include Cellular South.
As far as what is necessary/not I have used around many different roms (stock, custom, personalized) and have tried all of them with Carrier Customizations and without, and all seemed to work fine (with a few minor exceptions). So, as far as my experience is concerned, none of the ExtRom cabs are necessary for Cellular South but installing them helps a little.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Movilnet

orion2005 is a n00b
hi, i figured that this has been answered in another post, but there is anyone that tellme how to backup my original rom so i can reinstall it in case of warranty
Old 08-06-2007, 02:49 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
If you are with a US carrier, you can download your orginal ROM at www.utstar.com. If you're with a canadian or another country's carrier then you'll have to look on their web site to see if they offer a ROM update package. There no easy way to back up the ROM off the phone itself.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

adam2dot0 is a n00b
If I update with one of the new kitchens, will that recover the ext rom partition space? It'd be kinda sad to have all those MBs of useless space
Old 08-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
I'm running across a problem if anyone can help me with a bluetooth stack. I ran the ext Rom and install the necessary caps on the ext rom file but now my bluetooth seems to lost its power. When I get conected to a phone call I hear a lot of static and if I'm 5 feet away from the phone literally it will get disconected and this is on an area that has all the bars. I'm using a 6700 from Sprint.

If anyone can help me?

Giovanny
Old 09-01-2007, 03:29 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc View Post
I found ExtRom CAB descriptions from a thread on PDAPhoneHome http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...t=extended+rom. It lists ALL of the ExtRom CAB's, including Junk. I have shown the *=Necessary and +=Optional ones for Sprint below:

*IOTA.sa.CAB - Installs for Vision provisioning.

*PP_IOTA_v1_10_Apache_206300.sa.CAB - Installs something called jTelDll.dll. Has to do with IOTA.

*Cert_SPCS.CAB - Disables the security feature from asking permission to run a certain program.

*Cert_SPCS.sa.CAB - Installs certificate.

*Customize_SPCS.sa.CAB - Installs some sprint customization.

+DirectShow.sa.CAB - Has to do with windows media player. Seems to be associating avi,3gp,mp4,m4a,mid,midi,rmi,amr,awb,3g2,qcp with that program.

+Enable_RingTone.sa.CAB - Related to RTPlugin_CDMA.sa.CAB. Seems to give option to set midi, mp3, amr, etc for ringtones.

+PhoneSetting_HelpFile.sa.CAB - Adds PhoneSetting.htm help file and add Clear Voicemail Icon setting.

+PowerICON.sa.CAB - Removes Bottom right battery icon.

+PP_ErrCodeForSPCS_Apache_206300.sa.CAB - Installs code translation. i.e. instead of Error Code 64 it will say "Unknown error. Sign in failed. Please try again. If the problem persists, turn your phone off then turn it on again."

+PP_Version_Apac_206303.sa.CAB - Adds in HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\3rdversion string MSYSTEM = 2.06.303 WWE which apparently makes a Item in Device Information called ExtROM with a description of 2.06.303 WWE.

+PT_RemoveHTCBatteryICON_Apache_206300.sa.CAB - Removes bottom right battery icon and remove title bar clock.

+ResString.sa.CAB - Has something to do with HKLM\Security\ResOver with parm name 56. Replaces Regcover.

+RTPlugin_CDMA.sa.CAB - Lets you have option of "set as ringtone" where it will copy the file to /windows/rings.

+TimeSnyc.sa.CAB - Makes it so that the time sync option is visible under Phone setting. Funny thing is that it's visible by default.

+ButtonLock.sa.CAB - Change button lock from Do not Lock buttons to Lock all but power.

Can you update the first post with this description (and/or the description found here http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...laination.html), and also if know, please post the descriptions for Verizon, and the other carriers. I think this would help a lot.

EDIT: I found a description of the Verizon Roms. Here is a link to the post. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...99&postcount=1 (Scroll towards the bottom for a description). Same info here. http://www.zdziarski.com/papers/xv6700.html

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 09-01-2007 at 03:34 AM.
Old 09-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Lurker

LAVONTE1105 is a n00b
where do i find the official sprint rom to flash back to

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache