PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2007, 09:49 PM
Lurker

ChloroFiend is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So help me out here. In order to get full functionality with the new Unified Kitchen, i'd include the carrier specific ExtRom Cab's while cooking the rom?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
No. At least if you are building a rom. If you want to build in the ExtRom, you will have to convert everythign into an OEM. This has been done for Sprint and you can find a couple of versions on the ftp.

If you are on another carrier, you will still need to run the necessary cabs from your ExtRom. When you flash a rom, make sure you are only flashing a nk.nbf. Then your Extrom will survive the flash. If you have a ms_.nbf in your flashing folder, you will also flash that Extrom.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 05-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Lurker

ChloroFiend is a n00b
How do I go about running those apps from the ExtRom then? Is that something that triggers automatically?

Basically, I'd like to go to a 3.5 ROM, but maintain all the functionality and what not that VZW's packaged in.

TIA!
Old 05-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
They should autorun on boot.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

thdrill is a n00b
XV6700 ROM

I am looking to create a ROM for myself including some programs that I use for work (I am a RN): ER Suite, CBRNE program, HTC X-button and Voice Command...just to save storage space by placing them in the ROM partition. Now I guess I am looking at downloading the Clean & Simple as a base. Can anyone tell me what cabs I need to add to maintain the functioning of my phone. I really only use it for text messaging, occasional pic messaging, and wifi...EVDO not a full requirement at this time but could be added. In addition I make my own ring tones. Outside of that it is a phone and a palm pc.

I am guessing my other program Epocrates can't be placed in the ROM b/c it requires database updating. In addition ER suite, CBRNE, and Voice COmmand run off a .exe file; if I place the exe file in the ROM will the program be installed in the ROM or how do I do it so the program is installed in the ROM.

Sorry, newbie.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti
A question about the ExtROMS... When my phone boots from a HARD Reset, when the phone pops up a screen and says in 3 seconds customization will begin, is that the ext rom?

And if so, does it matter at all for any of the cabs inside the ext rom to be there since my phone being an Alltel phone, is flashed to the Cricket Network?

When my phone boots from a hard reset, I ususaly soft reset when that window pops up, just so the things wont install.

~Joshua A. Gray
Old 06-14-2007, 06:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by nFiniti
A question about the ExtROMS... When my phone boots from a HARD Reset, when the phone pops up a screen and says in 3 seconds customization will begin, is that the ext rom?
That is when the cabs are installed from the EXT ROM.

Quote:
And if so, does it matter at all for any of the cabs inside the ext rom to be there since my phone being an Alltel phone, is flashed to the Cricket Network?
I'm unfamiliar with the Cricket Network, so I can't help you there.

Quote:
When my phone boots from a hard reset, I ususaly soft reset when that window pops up, just so the things wont install.
When not using a ROM that has the EXT ROM built in, some of the customizations need to run (ie the necessary ones at the top of the list). Without those cab files installed, my phone will not fully function.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 06-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti
I am still confused about this...

Your saying that when My phone boots from a Hard Reset, the window that pops up that says Customization will start in 3 seconds is the autorun from the extrom? Because if I let that run, the phone runs like crap.

Also I'm making my own roms, and I dont select any ext roms, just the ext rom unlocker.

I'm just trying to figure out which cabs from the ExtRom I need so I can customize my own to install HTC Audio Manager and the Broadcom BT Stack and some other odds and ends for the Cricket MMS Registry.

I dont want anything on my phone that I dont need thats going to boot and take up resources.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache

kevdawg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kevdawg Send a message via MSN to kevdawg Send a message via Yahoo to kevdawg Send a message via Skype™ to kevdawg
Re: Official List of Necessary ExtRom Cabs For Each Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Can these cab files be run separately after the rom has been installed if they weren't included in the kitchen?
Old 07-02-2007, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Yes they can.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache