PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks. Yeah, I can make some educated guesses, but input from actual users is the most helpful.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 04-18-2007, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Lazybones is a n00b
I think this thread should be a sticky!
Old 04-18-2007, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Thanks. Yeah, I can make some educated guesses, but input from actual users is the most helpful.
Got the Alltel cabs ready, but dang if I can find the thread that gives instructions on how to upload them to the FTP server. Anyone?
***EDIT*** Never mind, I figured it out. The Alltel Ext ROM from AKU2.2 is uploaded with the other Carrier Extended ROMs.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

dsteinschneider is a n00b
After flashing the Kirvin 3.5 NoJunk and manually setting up the data connection (but not following Jimnutt's method above in this thread) I started getting "Miscellaneous Erroneously Mobile IP Setup Occurred" Code 37 every time I took the unit out of the cradle. Also I would randomly be prompted for the vzw password.

It started the minute I began using the phone after 3.5 flash. After a call to Verizon level 3 techs I can no longer get online at all despite reflashing to 2.07.200 . A replacement phone is on its way and I'm hoping to prevent this happening again.

Was this a random problem or is it:

1. Because I didn't follow the procedure jimnutt outlined above in this thread
2. Because I should use Total Commander and type in \\Extended ROM\ and run the cabs that specifically setup the data connection?

Thanks
Old 04-26-2007, 11:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid

jimnutt is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jimnutt Send a message via MSN to jimnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jimnutt Send a message via Skype™ to jimnutt
Could be a transient, it also could be tower related. I was having trouble with this myself (with the stock ROM) a while ago, I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was related to switching back and forth between EVDO and 1x. Is it a problem only in one location? Or does it happen everywhere you use your phone? Are you in a 1x or EVDO area? In my case the problem just seemed to solve itself after a while. You might try doing a PRL update and see if that helps..

jim
Old 04-26-2007, 11:30 AM
N00b

I live in town near the towers with 4 bars of EVDO - I do travel to one job where I go through an area with no towers and then 1xrtt
Old 04-26-2007, 11:31 AM
N00b

Why would upgrading to 3.5 suddenly start this issue?
Old 04-26-2007, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
OK so now that we have a new unified rom kitchen, it would be nice to have a custom carrier specific OEM for integrating these Extrom cabs into the rom.

Since there is a lot of unnessesary fat to trim off in these cabs, can anyone post if they have done so and made OEM already?
Old 04-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Yeah Sogarth and I made a pretty thorough Sprint OEM. It has a couple of modifications--a complete list of what's in and what's out can be found in a readme in the rar file.

It's in my subfolder of Kitchen OEMs.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:03 PM
N00b

Verizon replaced the phone (see above posts by me in this thread). The first thing I did was upgrade to Kirvin 3.5 NoJunk with all the proper hard resets etc and then I restored using Sprite and then I called in and activated the phone more soft resets, programming *228 and finally I created the connection - left everything blank, went to internet explorer, let it connect - again left everything blank with save checked and its been working great for two days.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache