PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2007, 03:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by naigaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy

Ditto, the ## codes work fine for me, and my voice mail speed dial has always been set up automatically either by the phone or by OTASP, not that it'd be hard to program it manually.

So does this mean that if I'm making a custom extended rom, I can delete ALL of the verizon customization except for MMS? (stupid question, but I want verification)
Yes, and to correctly delete stuff in your extended rom or make a custom ext rom,click on this link

thanks for the verification. That's the exact thread I used for the idea. Now to figure out how to solve me few other issues, and get this rom working!
Old 04-05-2007, 05:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Good idea colonel. If you need help linking, I have the put the Sprint cabs on the FTP in this folder: /Apache/Carrier Extended ROM/Sprint/

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 04-05-2007, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ecamacho is a n00b
Great post...sticky please .
Old 04-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Lurker

BrunerMA is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to BrunerMA
CAB Descriptions

Awesome post, but I do have one request... Some of the CABs are self explanatory; however, some are a bit vague (especially for us novice users).

Any guru out there care to comment on what each CAB file does, what system settings it affects, etc. (I haven't been able to locate a post about this yet.)

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:17 PM
dc
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dc is just getting started
I found ExtRom CAB descriptions from a thread on PDAPhoneHome http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...t=extended+rom. It lists ALL of the ExtRom CAB's, including Junk. I have shown the *=Necessary and +=Optional ones for Sprint below:

*IOTA.sa.CAB - Installs for Vision provisioning.

*PP_IOTA_v1_10_Apache_206300.sa.CAB - Installs something called jTelDll.dll. Has to do with IOTA.

*Cert_SPCS.CAB - Disables the security feature from asking permission to run a certain program.

*Cert_SPCS.sa.CAB - Installs certificate.

*Customize_SPCS.sa.CAB - Installs some sprint customization.

+DirectShow.sa.CAB - Has to do with windows media player. Seems to be associating avi,3gp,mp4,m4a,mid,midi,rmi,amr,awb,3g2,qcp with that program.

+Enable_RingTone.sa.CAB - Related to RTPlugin_CDMA.sa.CAB. Seems to give option to set midi, mp3, amr, etc for ringtones.

+PhoneSetting_HelpFile.sa.CAB - Adds PhoneSetting.htm help file and add Clear Voicemail Icon setting.

+PowerICON.sa.CAB - Removes Bottom right battery icon.

+PP_ErrCodeForSPCS_Apache_206300.sa.CAB - Installs code translation. i.e. instead of Error Code 64 it will say "Unknown error. Sign in failed. Please try again. If the problem persists, turn your phone off then turn it on again."

+PP_Version_Apac_206303.sa.CAB - Adds in HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\3rdversion string MSYSTEM = 2.06.303 WWE which apparently makes a Item in Device Information called ExtROM with a description of 2.06.303 WWE.

+PT_RemoveHTCBatteryICON_Apache_206300.sa.CAB - Removes bottom right battery icon and remove title bar clock.

+ResString.sa.CAB - Has something to do with HKLM\Security\ResOver with parm name 56. Replaces Regcover.

+RTPlugin_CDMA.sa.CAB - Lets you have option of "set as ringtone" where it will copy the file to /windows/rings.

+TimeSnyc.sa.CAB - Makes it so that the time sync option is visible under Phone setting. Funny thing is that it's visible by default.

+ButtonLock.sa.CAB - Change button lock from Do not Lock buttons to Lock all but power.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Thanks, just what I am looking for. I have the list for Verizon as well. Just need the other carrier users to help out.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 04-10-2007, 02:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc
I found ExtRom CAB descriptions from a thread on PDAPhoneHome http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...t=extended+rom. It lists ALL of the ExtRom CAB's, including Junk. I have shown the *=Necessary and +=Optional ones for Sprint below:

*IOTA.sa.CAB - Installs for Vision provisioning.

*PP_IOTA_v1_10_Apache_206300.sa.CAB - Installs something called jTelDll.dll. Has to do with IOTA.

*Cert_SPCS.CAB - Disables the security feature from asking permission to run a certain program.

*Cert_SPCS.sa.CAB - Installs certificate.

*Customize_SPCS.sa.CAB - Installs some sprint customization.

+DirectShow.sa.CAB - Has to do with windows media player. Seems to be associating avi,3gp,mp4,m4a,mid,midi,rmi,amr,awb,3g2,qcp with that program.

+Enable_RingTone.sa.CAB - Related to RTPlugin_CDMA.sa.CAB. Seems to give option to set midi, mp3, amr, etc for ringtones.

+PhoneSetting_HelpFile.sa.CAB - Adds PhoneSetting.htm help file and add Clear Voicemail Icon setting.

+PowerICON.sa.CAB - Removes Bottom right battery icon.

+PP_ErrCodeForSPCS_Apache_206300.sa.CAB - Installs code translation. i.e. instead of Error Code 64 it will say "Unknown error. Sign in failed. Please try again. If the problem persists, turn your phone off then turn it on again."

+PP_Version_Apac_206303.sa.CAB - Adds in HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\3rdversion string MSYSTEM = 2.06.303 WWE which apparently makes a Item in Device Information called ExtROM with a description of 2.06.303 WWE.

+PT_RemoveHTCBatteryICON_Apache_206300.sa.CAB - Removes bottom right battery icon and remove title bar clock.

+ResString.sa.CAB - Has something to do with HKLM\Security\ResOver with parm name 56. Replaces Regcover.

+RTPlugin_CDMA.sa.CAB - Lets you have option of "set as ringtone" where it will copy the file to /windows/rings.

+TimeSnyc.sa.CAB - Makes it so that the time sync option is visible under Phone setting. Funny thing is that it's visible by default.

+ButtonLock.sa.CAB - Change button lock from Do not Lock buttons to Lock all but power.
Excellent post. I edited some of my Sprint cabs posted here:
EDIT:
and added new Sprint PRL20227 cab in..

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/extrom-discusion-t3210.html
Old 04-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
I will be updating this thread later on this evening. I still need someone to upload Bell and Alltel ExtRoms if possible. I know I have them somewhere, but if someone has them in a folder off hand, that would be great.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Re: Official List of Necessary ExtRom Cabs For Each Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel

[Alltel]

DisableDataCode.sa.CAB
Link.sa.CAB
PP_Rilphone_Apac_211707.sa.CAB
Default_DPST.sa.CAB
Default_Generic.sa.CAB
PP_ImportReg_Apac_211711.sa.CAB
Default_Settings.sa.CAB
PT_BT_Apache_205200.sa.CAB
axcess_shop.cab
PP_Version_Apac_211711.sa.CAB
What I have found on my Alltel after several ROM updates is that the two that should be run to properly set up EvDO, ## codes, etc. are:

Default_Settings.sa.CAB
DisableDataCode.sa.CAB

... so you can probably mark those as * or + depending on how you feel about manual setup of parameters.

I haven't missed any of the other ones. I do know that blindly letting all of them run caused problems. As I said, been through several of the custom ROMs (currently running Kirvin's NoJunk 3.5).

Doesn't seem like you folks hear from us Alltel users much, so hopefully this helps.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
I will be updating this thread later on this evening. I still need someone to upload Bell and Alltel ExtRoms if possible. I know I have them somewhere, but if someone has them in a folder off hand, that would be great.
I will get the Alltel ext ROM up as soon as I have a chance... just need to copy it off my phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache