PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2007, 09:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung SCH-i760
Carrier: Verizon

romulus15 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Saridnour...awesome job. I just loaded your 3.5 image when I got my phone replaced (dropped a power brick on it somehow, good thing for insurance).

I am going to be loading PR6 today, but have a few questions.

1) It takes forever (about 8 seconds) to load all my contacts. During this time, I'm not able to scroll down the list as it keeps jumping back up to the top. I only have about 150 contacts in the list, sorted by company. I didn't notice this behavior on the Verizon image. Not a huge deal, but just wondering if anyone else notices this.

2) How in the heck do I get MMS back on here? I load your image, kill the Verizon ExtROM load, and manually add the 2 MMS packages, but I never get the MMS inbox. I've compared whatever settings I can find from your image and my old phone's registry, and everything appears to be the same. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Herman
Carrier: Telus

Van G is just getting started
Schwos, I'll give those a try.

Would it make sense to create a single post of additional mod's that are working with Sardinour's build?

Telus Rhodium - Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.1.8.5.Jul.04 - Radio 1.92.00WV - Voyager 510
Old 03-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

dbol is a n00b
I've been waiting for PR6 for a little while now, and now that its finally here, I'm going to be installing my first custom ROM -- yours... I wanted to double check the steps though...

1. Install your AKU3.5
2. Soft Reset at some point during the install, so the Extended ROM does not run.
3. Unlock the Extended ROM (which I'm guessing is already loaded onto the unit, after the AKU3.5
4. Manually install cab files deemed necessary.

I found a post of yours in the 32 page thread that says to install these 3 cabs:

Cert_SPCS.CAB
Customize_SPCS.sa.CAB
IOTA.sa.CAB

Those cabs are for the Sprint ROM, I use Verizon... are the names that similar that I will easily be able to identify them? If I load only those 3 cabs, will I get MMS? Is MMS part of your ROM, or the extended ROM? or both?!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mattdb is a n00b
Cleartype

Great ROM, thanks for the hardwork.

I had to disable cleartype in the screen settings.

Matt
Old 03-29-2007, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC diamond w/groove 5 21232
Carrier: radio 1.11.00F on Sprint, 60652

bacspasm is becoming a great contributor
Looks great

Saridnour, thanks for this new version, I will be flashing this one in minutes..
Old 03-29-2007, 11:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6700
Carrier: sprint

jendand is a n00b
I just regret that my day job is getting in the way of pr6.

Is it off topic to point out a way to support ppcgeeks that I had been unaware of? If so, I apologize. But the recent down time makes me want to offer some kind of support. Here's one way. I quote from another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
3. Do you shop at amazon.com? If so you can shop through our affilate store which is available here and costs you nothing to shop through.
~Mike
Wideawake mentions some other ways, but the Amazon affiliate struck me as a really good way to contribute.

Here's that link again:

PPCGEEKS Amazon Affiliate

--jendand
Old 03-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

schoenof is a n00b
Time sync problem

saridnour and all...

I found this on the unified rom project discussion...and have verified it myself...

"The initial setup wizard does not implement timezones with the 2007 Daylight Savings Time. As a result, after a hard reset, go into Settings\System\Clock & Alarms once in order to set the timezone properly. (Reference: bug 12) "

It explains the inconsistencies we have seen with people syncing to the phone network...I have verified that this fixes my time syncing issues with Sprint...

Thanks!

schoenof
Old 03-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli
"I couldn't find where I found these before but I have these set in custom CAB file I run that loads all my licenses and settings upon a hard reset..."

I've been meaning to do this and finally have the time. Can anyone point me to a tutorial?
Old 03-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 3G / TP2
Carrier: Sprint / Google Voice
Threadstarter

saridnour is a n00b
gof: I do not use a custom extended. I just load the three cabs from default extended (sprint) 1-Cert_SPCS.CAB, 2-Customize_SPCS.sa.CAB, 3-IOTA.sa.CAB. Never had a real need to make a custom cab since my custom changes are in the rom

Trident: Wisbar lite. latest rev. It does most of what advanced does at the core level for the average user at a much smaller footprint and cost.

mgioia2: I will have to look at this. I have not added any tones but did check through the defaults. Does anyone else see this? Can you play your added tones with TCPMP? The ringtone change I made was one line of reg data that removed names of ringtones that were removed so it should not effect adding tones.

dbol: Follow the install steps in the first post just under the link. In a nutshell you did list other steps that needed to go along with these. But roughly -set to bootloader mode -install the using the exe -hardreset -let load, provision then soft reset when the unatended install warning screen displays -manualy install your cabs form the extended (extended is listed in the hotlist of Total Comander if you dbl click the uri area btw) As to which cabs, youll need to look around for what VZW requires. I would only load what is required unless you know you need another feature. SMS is in the rom MMS I don't use and have not tested. From what I understood that was not available on the sprint network, but I could be wrong here.

mattdb: Cleartype should be off..did you have to uncheck the dialog box or what did you have to disable? I may have missed a key in the PR6 reg port from my R6 release.

schoenof: I take it that this is set in UI only and not in the system reg than? This did work up unitl DST. Mine does display the correct TZ but after setting it again and setting time sync it is back to what it should be (not sur eif it was still out prior to changing it) but I only set it to what it was before in the ui.

toviaheli: I do not know of a tutorial, but jsut get a copy of cecabmanager from the file section. Its a trial but should get you buy. Open up a current cab file and see how it is organised. You should be able to build up your won custom cab based off the cabs that your looking at. It really is easy once you get in and dig around.

-saridnour
Old 03-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by saridnour
[

mgioia2: I will have to look at this. I have not added any tones but did check through the defaults. Does anyone else see this? Can you play your added tones with TCPMP? The ringtone change I made was one line of reg data that removed names of ringtones that were removed so it should not effect adding tones.

-saridnour
Yup, they play in MortPlayer and TCPMP no problem. They show up under the option, but don't play when i press the play button in the sounds and notifications. They when i do try to just press OK and set it anyway, if refreshes the screen and puts the ring back to the original OldPhone ring.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache