PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

anubis93611 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Re: Stuck in new Bootloader 2.04/2.05 from the bell/VZW 3.3 ROM, Help is here now

Ok guys.. found this forum... i just bought a Verizon XV6700.. loved it.. however, trying to update this OS and it bricked.. how can i get it upgraded and working?? im half a$$ computer savy.. but, obviously not smart enough to unbrick this thing.. it says USB at the top and the words v2.05 at the bottom! please help me...

anubis93611@yahoo.com
Old 04-28-2009, 11:51 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: Stuck in new Bootloader 2.04/2.05 from the bell/VZW 3.3 ROM, Help is here now

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis93611 View Post
Ok guys.. found this forum... i just bought a Verizon XV6700.. loved it.. however, trying to update this OS and it bricked.. how can i get it upgraded and working?? im half a$$ computer savy.. but, obviously not smart enough to unbrick this thing.. it says USB at the top and the words v2.05 at the bottom! please help me...

anubis93611@yahoo.com
Learn to search and read guides BEFORE starting to mod the phone. It is NOT bricked, you can NOT brick an Apache. Read guides on getting out of bootloader...

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: apache 6700
Carrier: iusacell

k4rl0z is a n00b
Re: Stuck in new Bootloader 2.04/2.05 from the bell/VZW 3.3 ROM, Help is here now

hi
i have a ppc 6700 and like everyone stock in boot loader 2.02 but when i try to run NO-ID come the error:116 general error is like my pc no recognize the 6700, and the icon my pc no recognize either. what can i do, plese help.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: apache 6700
Carrier: iusacell

k4rl0z is a n00b

and mtty can´t read the usb, and uni exitbootloader can´t read the port usb plese help thank you
Old 09-22-2009, 04:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Apache 6700XV, TouchPro
Carrier: Verizon, Alltel

f1cy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4rl0z View Post
and mtty can´t read the usb, and uni exitbootloader can´t read the port usb plese help thank you
go Microsoft ActiveSync connection setting --> uncheck allow USB Connection
and run mtty, you will see USB port
Old 09-22-2009, 04:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Apache 6700XV, TouchPro
Carrier: Verizon, Alltel

f1cy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4rl0z View Post
hi
i have a ppc 6700 and like everyone stock in boot loader 2.02 but when i try to run NO-ID come the error:116 general error is like my pc no recognize the 6700, and the icon my pc no recognize either. what can i do, plese help.
are you sure, 2.02 using No_ID?? may be it's general
Old 11-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

fubar569 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1cy View Post
go Microsoft ActiveSync connection setting --> uncheck allow USB Connection
and run mtty, you will see USB port
i have done this and mtty still will not see USB port.

note i am on Windows 7 RC - i have a lingering XP SP2 install i could try this on if that will make a difference.

I "upgraded" to the 3.3aku and now have 2.05 bootloader. ROMs cook and upload with BuildOS but i have a 'no display' situation after the very first intro screen. the sounds the 6700 makes are normal but i simply have no screen. this only happened after the 3.3aku/2.05BL update. I attempted this in order to fix numerous errors with MMS which would not work under any cooked ROM but then were fine under 3.3aku...now i can't revert back...
Old 11-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

fubar569 is a n00b

UPDATE:

tried in XP and was SUCCESSFULLY able to revert back to the 2.02 loader & the included bell ROM...

time to go back to the drawing board and figure out my MMS issue! thanks much!
Old 11-18-2009, 04:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6700 / PPC
Carrier: Cricket

WM_Geek is a n00b

Ok instead of dancing round and round with this bootloader issue, how about a link to a compatible and WORKING O/S Flash ROM that WORKS with v.1.04 bootloader on a XV6700 instead?

Is that possible?

After all let's not loose sight of the main objective we are all trying to achieve.

The objective is to "upgrade" to WM 6 (something or other) from WM 5.

Is that approach too simple?

So where are all the 100's of links to WORKING ROM files to flash the XV6700 to upgrade it from WM 5 - WM 6 instead of messing around with this unresolved bootloader conundrum?

Trust me, I have read 7 pages - still no practical answers to the actual " Error 150:ROM upgrade utility error " problem. One answer actually suggested you don't have to change your bootloader rom at all whatsoever !! (Although, he didn't say how to fix anything either with taking this approach either... So, no .. no practical answers or solutions found here.

Obviously files from this site like APAC_WM6_R0_Cricket.exe intended for an XV6700 with bootloader v.1.04 don't work without the idea of becoming a potential Microsoft corporation employee.

So may I ask, ...what flash ROM file does WORK to serve the intended purpose of upgrading without all the complicated technical bootloader roadblocks / issues involved?

...I'm talking plug and play flash upgrade from WM 5 to WM 6.? here... The way it's supposed to be.

I think at the end of the day, that's what everyone really wants as the actual "answer" to the problem...

I bet half the people posting in this thread are here looking for the same exact answer...

Any experts with solutions to actual working download file links for the purpose of upgrading to WM 6.something with our EXISTING bootloader versions so we dont have to deal with "Error 150:ROM upgrade utility error" issues?

Last edited by WM_Geek; 11-18-2009 at 04:55 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: Bell

Solid-State is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM_Geek View Post
Ok instead of dancing round and round with this bootloader issue, how about a link to a compatible and WORKING O/S Flash ROM that WORKS with v.1.04 bootloader on a XV6700 instead?

Is that possible?

After all let's not loose sight of the main objective we are all trying to achieve.

The objective is to "upgrade" to WM 6 (something or other) from WM 5.

Is that approach too simple?

So where are all the 100's of links to WORKING ROM files to flash the XV6700 to upgrade it from WM 5 - WM 6 instead of messing around with this unresolved bootloader conundrum?

Trust me, I have read 7 pages - still no practical answers to the actual " Error 150:ROM upgrade utility error " problem. One answer actually suggested you don't have to change your bootloader rom at all whatsoever !! (Although, he didn't say how to fix anything either with taking this approach either... So, no .. no practical answers or solutions found here.

Obviously files from this site like APAC_WM6_R0_Cricket.exe intended for an XV6700 with bootloader v.1.04 don't work without the idea of becoming a potential Microsoft corporation employee.

So may I ask, ...what flash ROM file does WORK to serve the intended purpose of upgrading without all the complicated technical bootloader roadblocks / issues involved?

...I'm talking plug and play flash upgrade from WM 5 to WM 6.? here... The way it's supposed to be.

I think at the end of the day, that's what everyone really wants as the actual "answer" to the problem...

I bet half the people posting in this thread are here looking for the same exact answer...

Any experts with solutions to actual working download file links for the purpose of upgrading to WM 6.something with our EXISTING bootloader versions so we dont have to deal with "Error 150:ROM upgrade utility error" issues?
Hey buddy do you not understand that when you go to flash in BuildOS you need to select the bootloader version your machine is using? If this is set wrong like most of you "bricked" monkeys you'll bitch it because the partitioning is different IE different sized partitions!

Solid-State

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache