PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Stuck in new Bootloader 2.04/2.05 from the bell/VZW 3.3 ROM, Help is here now

Worked like a charm!

Thanks for the help, everyone.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

cbarret1 is a n00b
Re: Stuck in new Bootloader 2.04/2.05 from the bell/VZW 3.3 ROM, Help is here now

anyone get the vista ruu thing working? (what is that anyway)

I cant wait to try this when I get home my phones been stuck in 2.05 bootloader for far too long!!
Old 08-02-2008, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Razor V9M, 6600, 2x 6800, 6900 (yes I still use my 6600 sometimes)
Carrier: Sprint

mojomahem is becoming a great contributor

when i try to open the rar files I get asked a password, what is it?
Old 08-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Lurker

Symbiont is a n00b

i'm stuck in the bootloader.. it says Serial at the top center and v1.04 at the bottom.. i've tried several ways listed to get out of the bloody boot screen.. i'm not too new to this, however this is getting quite frustrating since i am on vista... i have access to XP computers but those havent worked either.. any idea on how to get my phone OUT of the bootloader?
perhaps anyone can tell me how to flash it back to factory settings?

or just suggest any way to help me at all?

thanks in advance..
Old 08-08-2008, 07:47 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarret1 View Post
anyone get the vista ruu thing working? (what is that anyway)

I cant wait to try this when I get home my phones been stuck in 2.05 bootloader for far too long!!
Vista RUU? it's the same ruu for all OSes. Just make sure you've updated your Mobile Device Center to the latest release.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomahem View Post
when i try to open the rar files I get asked a password, what is it?
Read the directions again.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

demon_edge2003 is a n00b

I followed the instructions up to step 15 where i got an error 114
(currently reverting from 1.04 to 1.02) I restarted my pc n still continues to give me same error at 0% every time and now im stuck in the bootloading mode

Last edited by demon_edge2003; 08-11-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio (XV6800, XV6700, Eris, Ally previously)
Carrier: Verizon

rokky is a n00b

Any chance this thread is related to my problem?

I just got a 6700 from a guy on eBay in almost perfect condition to replace a beat-up 6700 (mostly beat up before I got it on eBay over a year ago it seems - one last bump by me broke the audio jack loose from the mobo, and apparently that breaks ALL sound except via bluetooth). I practiced reflashing the ROM on the old one with Helmi_C's WM 6 package from ppckitchen, and was eager to try it on the new phone.

But first, when I saw the new one had a really old ROM (ROM version showed in Device Info as 1.<something> with a 2005 date), I thought I would be playing it safe by re-flashing first with the update from Vzw's support site, and that went like a champ. Then I tried applying the Helmi/buildos flash - RUU starts, reads the current values, and drops it into BootLoader mode (I guess - black screen with "USB" at top in faint "negative" color), but the process seems to hang, and after a minute or 2 RUU comes back with a lost connection type of message.

Since then, however, I have not been able to get the new 6700 into bootloader mode manually (RUU does it just fine) no matter how I try to finesse the timing of pushing the voice recorder and power buttons, and poking reset with the stylus - just resets every time. I have little problem with putting the old 6700 in BL mode, so I have not "lost my touch" I even reflashed the old with a few more tweaks to the ROM package I "cooked" with buildos. (right after the same flashing failed on the new 6700).

One more interesting bit of info (I hope) is that when the "new" 6700 is in BL mode (via buildos' RUU now) I see a big "v1.00" on the 6700's screen, whereas on the "old", soundless 6700, it shows 2.02. Is that the BL (BootLoader) version? Is that a fatal combo of 1.00 with the Vzw update? Any workarounds like combining my nk.nbf file with the Vzw updating program files?

TIA,
rokky
Old 08-12-2008, 11:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio (XV6800, XV6700, Eris, Ally previously)

rokky is a n00b

Correction: the "new" 6700 has BL v1.04, not 1.00. I just retried the flashing in case a complete restart from last night's attempt would make any difference - no-go. The RUU ("Device Software Update Utility EC:256 CB:") message is "ERROR 201: GET DEVICE DATA ERROR".

rokky
Old 08-13-2008, 12:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850 / TP

viper_iii is a n00b

I did this last month on a device I upgraded to current aku from starcom. Whoops! took the boot loader to 2.05.

The kitchens wouldn't run on this bootloader on my 6700.
I was able to get through the google caches and find the bootloader fix instructions but it only set me to a NOID_RUU.

Is there anyway to revert it back to the proper RUU? Did I miss something in the docs? I can't upgrade the radio because there isn't a NOID_Radio firmware update... argh... darn things!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache