PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tvittito is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Messed up Screen

HELP!!! My baby's sick and I don't know what to do.

I treat this phone like it was my first born child and it has only taken about a 1 foot fall to the floor in the time that I have had it which has only been about a month. I bought it new on ebay so assumed that there was no way I could get insurance on it. I took it out of my pocket last night to make a phone call the screen looked very strange. If you look directly at it it looks mostly white. You can still make out the text a little bit but not much. If I til the screen and look down on it about a 45 degree angle I can read it. But I still don't want to have to do that every time I need to use my phone. And there is still alot of stuff I can't make out. Is there any way I can get some kind of insurance on it and just live with it until I am under coverage to get it fixed?

Or does anyone know how to fix this. I do a bit of electrical work myself and would feel ok opening the phone if you all could tell me what to look at.

I am lucky that the phone still works, and I can still make calls.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
If you are with sprint, you can add insurance to it. It will take 30 days for the insurance to be implented though. Since you said you can still make calls and sort of see whats on the phone, this will be one of your options, cos they will call you back to confirm that the phone works. If you cant wait for that, again you have to be on sprint, go to the sprint store and dont tell them you dropped the phn, but you woke up and that is all you see, (they cant dispute that except if you have a lot of scratches and stuff). they cant tell where you bought your phn from, so as long as you have had it less than a year on their computer system, they have no choice but to fix or replace under warranty. (if they ask for a receipt, say it was a christmas gift or something like that) good luck.

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 03-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tvittito is a n00b
Thanks for your quick reponse. I would rather just go ahead and get insurance on the phone because even if I get it fixed once I don't know what's going to happen in a month. Once I get insurance on my plan will I just go into the sprint store to get it fixed/replace (after the 30 days that is)?

I had considered just buying a new lcd and replacing it myself for 75 bucks, but i wasn't sure that was for sure the problem with it.

Thanks again
Old 03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tvittito is a n00b
also I have heard a few people say that you can only get the insurance within 30 days of activation. Is there any validity to this? And do i just call CS to get this taken care of?
Old 03-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvittito
Thanks for your quick reponse. I would rather just go ahead and get insurance on the phone because even if I get it fixed once I don't know what's going to happen in a month. Once I get insurance on my plan will I just go into the sprint store to get it fixed/replace (after the 30 days that is)?

I had considered just buying a new lcd and replacing it myself for 75 bucks, but i wasn't sure that was for sure the problem with it.

Thanks again
after the 30 days, you will call lockline (18005843666) tell them your issue, they will ask you to pay the deductible over the phone and you should receive a replacement within 5-7 business days or is it 3. Well, that should take care of it. They will not ship till deductible is paid, best to pay with credit card or check card. I have seen people who called after they have had the phone 3 months. So I cant say for certain. It doesnt hurt to try.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
I work for sprint...

you need to call *2 and tell them you would like to add ESRP (that is just the instore repair)....

then go to a store the next day and put it in for service... the retail locations dont know when you added it, just that it shows up on the account. We will then replace the screen if they are in stock or order you a recon.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

supadoggie is just getting started
is all the text there, just no backlight?

I know it's a silly question but did you check to see that the backlight is not just turned off? hold down the power button for a few seconds to see if the backlight turns back on..
Old 03-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

andason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to andason
My original ppc was an ebay item and after using it for several months I killed it by flashing a bad rom. I went to my nearest sprint and paid 15 bucks and got a refurb back. I also didn't have insurance. They told me as long as it didn't have any physical damage then it would be no problem. I don't think you will have any problems.

good luck
Old 03-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tvittito is a n00b
Thanks for all the replys. The backlight works and works its just an lcd issue. It is working now magically so I'm going to call and get insurance and wait for it to screw up again.

Thanks Again everyone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache