PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

12gage is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No sound, mp3s/wmas not playing!!!

Hello all, I could use some assistance. I went to use my phone today and my music files wouldn't play, I was getting no sound (speaker or bluetooth), and my system volume was staying at the last notch (despite turning it up it automatically went back down). The only thing I did yesterday was install SRS_WOWHD_ARM[1].cab for volume (which I have uninstalled since) and I updated Netfront 3.5 to the most recent version. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks in advance
Old 05-27-2008, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: No sound, mp3s/wmas not playing!!!

Im suprised Unknown Zone hasnt got to this yet. Have you ever plugged in a set of headphones? They have a nasty little habit I hear (never had the prob personally) of the 2.5 jack on the 6700 giving problems when a headset is plugged in and removed but the jack doesnt think it has been removed and thus doesnt let audio out the speaker. Other than that i assume you have soft reset (reboot).
Old 05-27-2008, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

12gage is a n00b

thanks for the response, I did try the the headphones and rebooting and got nothing. fortunately I did a reg. back up last week, imported it and everything work again. weird sh*t, i'm stayin away from the SRS_WOWHD_ARM[1].cab just in case it was the problem.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Im suprised Unknown Zone hasnt got to this yet....

Hey "Weed" what are you trying to say...LOL...

Did almost sounded like a case of "The Stuck Headphone Jack"...but 12gage did not have all the symtoms of that scenario, close/almost but like they say...that only counts on "Horse Shoes and Hand Gernades"
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 05-28-2008, 09:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yeah, I just went back and read where he was talking about no volume in the BT either, I didnt see that the first time around. So I would change my answer to "SRS_WOWHD_ARM[1].cab" he installed. Keep in mind that just because you uninstall it doesnt mean it changes registry keys back to the original state. How is that UZ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache