PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800 6.5
Carrier: ntelo

donn94 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looking for your OEM ROM?

i got the same problem htc 6800 ntelos help plzs
Old 12-31-2009, 02:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: alltel

weichengtex is a n00b

yap.I `m looking for such original roms...thanks for your works.
a guy from china
Old 01-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HP Hx4700 + PPC 6700 + HTC Touch HD
Carrier: Claro-br

rodpelosini is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to rodpelosini
Exclamation Re: Looking for your OEM ROM?

I want to make a full backup of my ROM... How to?
Here, in Brazil, ppc 6700 (apache) comes only for "VIVO" carrier.

Here, I can´t see original rom of apache for vivo carrier...
In all web, is the same think...
I want to give for PPCGEEKS my contribuition: an original rom for carrier VIVO in Brazil.

In soon, I want to change this original carrier for another non-official.(embratel, cdma carrier, use the same band, compatible, but non-official)

After all, I´ll migrate from WM5 to WM6.5. If I have some problem, a backup will be a solution to revert (I hope so).

Best regards!

Rod
Old 02-15-2010, 04:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless
Threadstarter

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu
Exclamation Re: Looking for your OEM ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpelosini View Post
I want to make a full backup of my ROM... How to?
Here, in Brazil, ppc 6700 (apache) comes only for "VIVO" carrier.

Here, I can´t see original rom of apache for vivo carrier...
In all web, is the same think...
I want to give for PPCGEEKS my contribuition: an original rom for carrier VIVO in Brazil.

In soon, I want to change this original carrier for another non-official.(embratel, cdma carrier, use the same band, compatible, but non-official)

After all, I´ll migrate from WM5 to WM6.5. If I have some problem, a backup will be a solution to revert (I hope so).

Best regards!

Rod
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inane/1119
Hope I'm not too late. Use the above link to take a dump of the Apache, then .zip it or .rar it and PM me.
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================
Old 03-12-2010, 05:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

Well I'm not waiting for the final PCD support site. Even if they don't axe the Apache, I'm sick of changing links. So I mirrored all the files on mediafire. It just the free account so don't freak if it ever hits a bandwidth cap or something. Please do let me know of any problems or issues, I want a reliable source for our die hard Apache fans!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Just read thru this thread. Many thanks for the stock roms list. I 'had' a copy and deleted it when I changed phones. Now I am back and appreciate your hard work!!
I have a sprint branded 6700 and I want to use it on verizon and never flashed a non stock rom or gone from one carrier to another.
  • Can I just use the AKU3.3 and flash away?
  • Do I need to get the unlock code with getspc and do that while flashing?
  • Do I call tech support to get them to add the esn so I can use it on VZW?
Old 03-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundaar2000 View Post
Just read thru this thread. Many thanks for the stock roms list. I 'had' a copy and deleted it when I changed phones. Now I am back and appreciate your hard work!!
I have a sprint branded 6700 and I want to use it on verizon and never flashed a non stock rom or gone from one carrier to another.
  • Can I just use the AKU3.3 and flash away?
  • Do I need to get the unlock code with getspc and do that while flashing?
  • Do I call tech support to get them to add the esn so I can use it on VZW?
You can just use the AKU3.3 or you can use BuildOS to make a nice WM6.1 Verizon ROM.

You don't need the MSL to flash it, but you WILL need it to program it once activated by Verizon. Run getspc on the device to get your code. Then enter programming menus to change the MSL to 000000. This will ensure Verizon's OTA programming can do it's thing.

Not sure on the last one. The last time I did something like that was w/ a Nokia 6185. Back then I just did an ESN swap and programmed the phone, Verizon had no problems with it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Older than Dirt!

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community

Perfect! I was hoping I could just do the aku3.3 and be done!

What version of WinMo is aku3.3?

You really think doing the BuildOS isn't too complicated?
Is there some kind of guide to get me thru it the first time? After that I'll be an old hand at it!! lol

I had a 6700 a couple of years ago and then got a 6800. I got a good deal on a 6700 (but it is a sprint version) so I am going to go back to that as the 6800 is giving me issues right now.

Thanks so much for your guidance!!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundaar2000 View Post
Perfect! I was hoping I could just do the aku3.3 and be done!

What version of WinMo is aku3.3?

You really think doing the BuildOS isn't too complicated?
Is there some kind of guide to get me thru it the first time? After that I'll be an old hand at it!! lol

I had a 6700 a couple of years ago and then got a 6800. I got a good deal on a 6700 (but it is a sprint version) so I am going to go back to that as the 6800 is giving me issues right now.

Thanks so much for your guidance!!
AKU 3.3 is WM5. I think it is the most up to date stock WM5 ROM for the 6700. I use BuildOS because once you use WM6.1, it sucks going back to WM5. WM6.1 runs fast, stable, and the threaded sms is something I LOVE about the OS.

BuildOS is easy to use, the stickies outline some of the finer points and how to recover. The BuildOS release thread can be found here. Download BuildOS and install it. When it runs for the first time, it will launch the updater. Select the Apache packages and it will get the packages for you. While you're at it, you may as well get the packages for your 6800 too (ROM flashing is addicting!). Once you have all the packages, you basically select your carrier, bootloader version, and check boxes for what you want to put in the ROM. NOTE: the most common issue with BuildOS is users trying to cram too much stuff in the ROM. Start with the basics, things you know you will NEED. Once you get more familiar with it, you can try to pack it to the gills if desired.
If something does somehow manage to go wrong, don't freak. The 6700 is very difficult to brick. With the info on this forum almost any 6700 can be recovered. I know this from personal experience (I tried to brick one on purpose).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Older than Dirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabu View Post
Run getspc on the device to get your code. Then enter programming menus to change the MSL to 000000. This will ensure Verizon's OTA programming can do it's thing.
Not sure how to do this. I looked and looked for a way to change the msl code from the sprint one that I got with getspc to 000000. What programming menus are you refering to??
I did the ##778# and can get to the edit section, but cant find a way to change it...

Thanks again!
T

**EDIT** I finally got qpst to see the phone and figured out how to change the msl to 000000... time to flash!!
Again, thanks for your help!

Last edited by Thundaar2000; 03-24-2010 at 06:17 PM. Reason: figured it out!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache