PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 05:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700 (x2)
Carrier: Telus, Bell (niether hooked up nor likely will be)

Lynx_Gen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looking for your OEM ROM?

okay everyone, been awhile..

so loong infact, i managed to lock myself outta my 6700

as it is, my old samsung phone i had for like 4 yrs jsut cratered.. i decided its by time i switched over to using my apache

as it is, i have 2 of em, one on telus, and one bell..

however, the Telus ones' D pad is wore out/broke

now just to verify, i can use the telus rom here to flash my 6700, and hten hook it up with telus? more or less is the idea..?

kinda sucky as i had a great rom installed, (I belive it was one of Tinkerbells) but i will find a good one again later.. lol

i was never able to cook my own as my puter would crash.. i got a nw puter last mnth and thought sweet! all the things i can do now!! but the puter itself crashed and will be heading back to the store.. lol

anyways, i gotta relrearn how to do all this, find the how tos on reflashing etc etc.. (Dont even know my bootloader version anymore.. haha gotta member how to find that!! (I vaguely member, but jus tnot quite enough!! meh, it'll all come back real soon!!

i issed this phone.. even though i have never used em as a phone before, just as a play toy.. haha
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx_Gen View Post
now just to verify, i can use the telus rom here to flash my 6700, and hten hook it up with telus? more or less is the idea..?
Yes, you can switch carriers on your device. No, it is not easy!
Quote:
kinda sucky as i had a great rom installed, (I belive it was one of Tinkerbells) but i will find a good one again later.. lol
Awe, how sweet of you to say!! =]=]
Quote:
(Dont even know my bootloader version anymore.. haha gotta member how to find that!!
Just push record+power+reset until the screen goes dark. Your bootloader version will appear on the bottom of the darkened screen. Soft reset to get yourself back.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700 (x2)
Carrier: Telus, Bell (niether hooked up nor likely will be)

Lynx_Gen is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell_ View Post
Yes, you can switch carriers on your device. No, it is not easy!Awe, how sweet of you to say!! =]=]Just push record+power+reset until the screen goes dark. Your bootloader version will appear on the bottom of the darkened screen. Soft reset to get yourself back.
ya I re-figured it all out.. i couldnt belive how hard it was to find everything again..

its like all the usefull info has been scatterd across th board and tucked between more or less useless stuff.. (IE: newbs failing to search clutter..)

as it is, the telus OEM rom i got from here sketched, came out this end no good/broken file/not working..
trying to d-load it again and see if it works.. lol
Old 01-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Cool! Glad you got it figured out. Yes, it is so easy to forget when a few months go by...
Old 03-30-2011, 04:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless
Threadstarter

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx_Gen View Post
ya I re-figured it all out.. i couldnt belive how hard it was to find everything again..

its like all the usefull info has been scatterd across th board and tucked between more or less useless stuff.. (IE: newbs failing to search clutter..)

as it is, the telus OEM rom i got from here sketched, came out this end no good/broken file/not working..
trying to d-load it again and see if it works.. lol
Is the file bad?
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================
Old 04-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

I'm willing to put ROMs up on mediafire if anyone has an OEM that isn't yet hosted. Or even a custom for Virgin or Cricket. Just pm me or drop me an email. I know this device is pretty much dead, but they are uber cheap on ebay right now and could still be useful.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Mods, any chance of sticky on this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache